Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

What grounds do they have really to contest? Other than self righteous indignation.

Their whole defence has been built around that they weren't communicated in an effective manner of Cherisev's ban. I guess that's what they will try to argue in the regular courts. The FA argued back (and demonstrated) that they communicated it to Villarreal and the player, and that Real Madrid failed to do their due diligence when they bought him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35169108

An interesting article to say the least. Sammer was a fantastic player, very underrated in my opinion.

I wouldn't say he was underrated as most people recognised his class. Didn't he win the European Footballer of the Year?

I'm talking about when people discuss great players from the past now. Sammer hardly ever gets a mention.

Tried to do a Garth-esque team of the season so far

Butland

Bellerin Alderweireld Smalling

Mahrez    Kante        Ozil          KDB

Lukaku Vardy  Kane

Notable exceptions: De Gea, Ighalo, Koscielny

Probably missed someone really obvious off. Gonna try and do a new signings XI now

Signings XI

Cech

Nyom  Alderweireld  Huth  G Johnson

Capoue Kante

Deulofeu      KDB        Payet

Martial

A real lack of strikers to pick on this one, also struggled with full backs. Notable exceptions: Wijnaldum, Lanzini and Alli

Tried to do a Garth-esque team of the season so far

Butland

Bellerin Alderweireld Smalling

Mahrez    Kante        Ozil          KDB

Lukaku Vardy  Kane

Notable exceptions: De Gea, Ighalo, Koscielny

Probably missed someone really obvious off. Gonna try and do a new signings XI now

I'd have Deolofeu ahead of Kante. Probably Ighalo > Kane too, given that Kane has only recently got form back.

No idea what formation this is, Garth can work that out.

Butland - clearly

Alderweireld - been class for Spurs, looks very dangerous from set pieces too

Smalling - one of the few bright spots for Man Utd. Improved a lot in the last 12 months.

Rose - seems to have tightened up a lot defensively and is a constant outlet for Spurs whenever I see them

Mahrez - aye

Ozil - aye

Alli - 19 years old and bosses games. Could be a great player for the next decade if he continues like this.

De Bruyne - haven't been as blown away by him as others seem to have been, he's just simply a very good player who they paid a fuckton for, and is performing as such.

Ighalo - has to be. Newly promoted team and he's scared the shit out of every defence he's played.

Vardy - interesting to see how he does 2nd half of the season.

Lukaku - utter fucking beast

All worthy of consideration: Lloris, De Gea, Cech, Stones, Dann, Koscielny, Kante, Deulofeu, Payet, Arnautovic, Giroud, Kane