2013 Confederations Cup - Brazil 3 - 0 Spain

ponsaelius

I remember Alba getting the 4th goal v Milan in the 91st minute.

In the first half in this game Kilbane said "theres no way Alba can run like that for the full 90 mins".

It's absolutely ludicrous for a full back. I reckon he's either the best athlete in the game or he's on drugs

??

The best fullbacks of all time ran as much man. I just love the stamina and ability to never stop running that most offensive fullbacks have.

What the hell was Jordi Alba doing there, two goals and an assist from Spain's left back :lol:

Was a winger growing up and it shows because despite this attacking ability he simply cannot defend.

The two best national side in this tournament so far have one or two fullbacks who can't defend.

:lol: :lol:

One of the weirdest moments I've experienced. Brazilian guy translating Abel Hernandez spanish started speaking french until he realized it was portuguese he was going to translate too. Started stuttering now too :lol:

What the hell was Jordi Alba doing there, two goals and an assist from Spain's left back :lol:

Was a winger growing up and it shows because despite this attacking ability he simply cannot defend.

The two best national side in this tournament so far have one or two fullbacks who can't defend.

Yeah and the goals you conceded were because of that, Spain were lucky they didn't concede 5 or 6.

Would be interested to see the stats because it's rare it's not a CM that does the most running IIRC.

They do move the most I think, but fullbacks run full speed more than anyone else I'd think. Well offensive fullbacks at least.

Yeah and the goals you conceded were because of that, Spain were lucky they didn't concede 5 or 6.

We scored 9 conceded 2, while Spain conceded one. Attack is the best way to defend :p

Would be interested to see the stats because it's rare it's not a CM that does the most running IIRC.

They do move the most I think, but fullbacks run full speed more than anyone else I'd think. Well offensive fullbacks at least.

Aye, fair comment, didn't think of that & it's different types of stamina needed for that.

While i agree my point on Alba is still valid, just watch how Bayern abused him again and again if you don't believe me  :p

I know man. The more abused he gets the happier I get so ;)

One of the weirdest moments I've experienced. Brazilian guy translating Abel Hernandez spanish started speaking french until he realized it was portuguese he was going to translate too. Started stuttering now too :lol:

Ooh look at me I'm a polyglot.

Ooh look at me I'm a polyglot.

:lol:

I think he felt more like the 'pathetic moment' tbf.

What the hell is Mohammed Gambo doing in our colours? I'm sick of Keshi putting useless players in his team, so he can sell them to Europe. I can excuse Ideye, most of his were half chances, but Gambo simply had to score. The team brought has so little quality upfront. It is inexcusable we didn't take any of our chances. I can only pray this is the impetus for him to drop these "youngsters" and local players he has on reserve upfront and bring in some actual depth upfront and wide. You cannot just rely on Moses/Emenike and not find anyone else. I mean we scored 7 in three matches and should have had 25 :lol:.

Still, we were alright. Musa burned Alba more than once, Obi was once again a giant. Uwa and Ambrose were both pretty decent. A word for Obobona and Egwueke as well. They play for Sunshine Stars and Warri Wolves, so this was a massive test. Both defended very well, though there was some naivety in their defending as you'd expect. Oboabona needs to go to Europe right now, because he has all the talent and tools but needs a deeper understanding of the game to fulfill it.

I don't know whether it will happen in this tournament or the next, but someone is eventually going to absolutely punish Spain on the counter. Their fullbacks are really quite irresponsible, and Alba especially doesn't seem comfortable having to defend. In terms of their midfield the hard part is actually winning the ball because of their insane pressing. Once you have it there is almost always space in front of you. We didn't have the quality, but Spain, Germany, and Brazil definitely will.

Nobody has got the better of Spain for 4 or 5 years. They have two of the best CBs in the world and often a third with Busquets dropping into the line to allow the fullbacks to get forward so much. They are good for a few more years yet and they have a whole ton of fantastic young players waiting for their chance.

I don't know whether it will happen in this tournament or the next, but someone is eventually going to absolutely punish Spain on the counter.

:lol: Starting to think no one saw us beat them.

Nobody has got the better of Spain for 4 or 5 years. They have two of the best CBs in the world and often a third with Busquets dropping into the line to allow the fullbacks to get forward so much. They are good for a few more years yet and they have a whole ton of fantastic young players waiting for their chance.

Nobody had gotten the better of Barcelona, who are a better side than Spain, either. Spain's weaknesses have always been pretty clear to see. I just think they'll run into a match during the knockout stages of the next WC where their strikers misfire and the other team wins the ball enough in the middle to sustain attack and gets behind the fullbacks when they win the ball.

Beating Barcalona requires defensive organisation with good team shape and countering with precision, Spain would be easier beaten, but International teams aren't as settled and as able to hold as good shape, nor have as good understandings to attack as any club team. Spain's players know each other very well, I think Spain's dominance will continue lot longer than Barca's did because of this.

Some international teams might be solid and clinical enough but will many teams have as settled teams?