RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

Good read, seems like everyone has finally clicked, except maybe one or two on here

I'm pretty sure everyone thinks Kinnear is a joke.

Yeah, but media types aren't going to be as forthright as that. That's why the Cole, Lee and Shearer quotes are good, and celebrity fans too.

Guest firetotheworks

Tbh, I think the hiring of Joe Kinnear protests against itself. It seems almost churlish for there to be a need for it to be spoken out about. That's the level of insanity that we're dealing with.

Isn't this t*** due another TalkSport interview soon?

Talksport were baiting him to go on just after the Window closed, to explain himself, but I guess it never happened.

Maybe Ashley has him bound and gagged somewhere.... or hopefully doped up to the eyeballs in an old people home as far away from here as possible.

I can understand what he is saying, but how can 19 teams out of 20 make signings with no issues

Ignoring the middle two quotes:

"... financial resources at our disposal."

what money can be made available."

For me, when he says "our" disposal, I don't think he means the club proper, but what MA has allowed the club to spend. I'm not going to bother with back of the napkin math about this tv deal or that revenue stream or trying to sum who owes what from which ledger since the beginning of fucking time; the money's there and in more quantity than just allowing for a loan deal for Remy.  MA has just made very little available and it's hampering the ability to get things done.

Bits about inflated prices and agent fees are diversionary as it's easy to get everyone nodding about the horrible state of affairs in the modern game and agree money has ruined everything and so on and so forth, but as is pointed out it's not an issue for other clubs, because they're accounting for it and paying the cost of doing business.

We're simply not.