RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

I think the point is that there is no acceptable outcome.  Pearce, no.  Pardew, no.  Joe, no.

Well obviously, that's why I said 'if those are the options'.

Jesus was weaping tears of blood at having to make a decision based on those options.  At least in my head.

I think the point is that there is no acceptable outcome.  Pearce, no.  Pardew, no.  Joe, no.

Well obviously, that's why I said 'if those are the options'.

Jesus was weaping tears of blood at having to make a decision based on those options.  At least in my head.

:lol: OK, let's move on.

Guest hydeous

What could possibly be the reason for this? :(

Is there just no one in the whole country who's better qualified for the job than this guy is? Surely there's some reason. Surely. Even if it's that Ashley owed Kinnear something and this is his way of paying it off. It's eating me up inside. I just don't see why.

What could possibly be the reason for this? :(

Is there just no one in the whole country who's better qualified for the job than this guy is? Surely there's some reason. Surely. Even if it's that Ashley owed Kinnear something and this is his way of paying it off. It's eating me up inside. I just don't see why.

Just that Ashley likes him IMO, it's as simple as that. Obviously it shouldn't be, but Ashley seems to want someone who is 100% on his side and ability doesn't matter.

Guest hydeous

Anyway, I suppose Kinnear being Director of football isn't as bad as Kinnear being manager. I'm going to go back to not caring until the season starts.

The key to all this is the following sentence from the official club statement:

"Chief scout Graham Carr and manager Alan Pardew will report into Joe."

Clearly this is not a football move and stinks of a paranoid Ashley on a power trip.

Just about the only glimmer of hope I have is that we're only in the middle of June, and that there is still plenty of time for this all to be sorted out by the time August rolls around. I refuse to believe that we will go into the season with this "structure", and with everyone still in their place as they are now. Something will give.

Guest Lalasialex

Deal done - JFK is back! What now?

Let's just say for the arguments sake that Ashley ment well....

Then it'll be followed up with a good transfer window. Then there would be a plan to keep Kebab, Afry and the rest AND bring in quality in addition!

It's a long shot - but JFK is a muppet! Let's just ignore him (even though it's easier said than done) and see what happens... Focus on transfers now, the only ting that can save us is a good window when it comes to quality, not business!!!

Guest icemanblue

You'll have to explain who Stuart Pearce is first, Ian. Also, what happened in Kinnear's first stint, too.

Aww, NUFC SupaFan #1 with more laughable patronizing.

:lol: This means so very little to you. Please stop pretending it doesn't, it's laughable and patronising.

Deal done - JFK is back! What now?

Let's just say for the arguments sake that Ashley ment well....

Then it'll be followed up with a good transfer window. Then there would be a plan to keep Kebab, Afry and the rest AND bring in quality in addition!

It's a long shot - but JFK is a muppet! Let's just ignore him (even though it's easier said than done) and see what happens... Focus on transfers now, the only ting that can save us is a good window when it comes to quality, not business!!!

My hope is that it doesn't end up affecting us too much on the pitch. In theory, if Pardew, Llambias and Carr have developed a decent working relationship they might be able to work together to prevent Kinnear doing too much damage.

You'll have to explain who Stuart Pearce is first, Ian. Also, what happened in Kinnear's first stint, too.

Aww, NUFC SupaFan #1 with more laughable patronizing.

:lol: This means so very little to you. Please stop pretending it doesn't, it's laughable and patronising.

The belief, which you apparently hold so dear, that it takes years and years of loyalty to a club to produce a diehard fan is wildly idiotic. You've derived some inane superiority complex that essentially boils down to: "I'm a bigger Newcastle fan than you!! :p" Such an insufferable turd. :lol:

I know exactly what this means for this club and I don't like it at all.

Guest Roger Kint

Still cant get over people towing the 12th and never going down bullshit he spouted. We were 15th level on points with 4th bottom and were just 2 points off the bottom side ffs. You would think the media would take his words with a massive pinch of salt  :rolleyes:

Pearce is a shoo-in if/when Pardew goes IMO. That's if super Joe doesn't take the job.

If they are the options, I would do anything to get Stuart Pearce.

I'd rather have Joe Kinnear tbh. I'm not even kidding.

Pearce is a shoo-in if/when Pardew goes IMO. That's if super Joe doesn't take the job.

If they are the options, I would do anything to get Stuart Pearce.

I'd rather have Joe Kinnear tbh. I'm not even kidding.

I'm on to you, trying to get me to explain why Stuart Pearce is brilliant. :hmm:

Guest Roger Kint

I'm listening to talksport, Darren Gough is the only person in the world that listens to Joe Kinnear and believes everything he says.  :lol:

I dread to think what mental side Durham will take on this. Could go either obvious wum or massively outraged :lol:

I get the feeling we haven't just brought back the job that Dennis Wise had or changed the structure.  Instead, Kinnear's taking over the football related side of Lambeezee's job, leaving him to get on with the business stuff.  Which wouldn't be so bad (Lambeezee probably knows less than Kinnear about football) if he didn't go running his mouth about everything and turning us into a circus.

They were just talkin about it on ESPN FC, Robbie Earl said his strengths are his ability to motivate players, nullify an opposition and to spot talent. Didn't seem like he thought it was a good appointment at all. Stuart Robson said when he was reserve team manager at Wimbledon under Kinnear, he only spoke to him twice. Robson said he and other staff used to joke and believe that Kinnear never watched any football and that if there was a game on In his back yard he'd shut the curtains and not watch. Doesn't sound good :(

Unbelievable what Adrian Durham's just said there like, "I heard Kinnear say that he'd signed Tim Krul for Newcastle and presumed he was telling the truth but then I looked at the records and saw that he'd been there for 2 years when Kinnear arrived.  I think what Joe probably meant was that he brought him into the Newcastle first team, which he did - he played him in the first team at a young age when he hadn't been near the first team before then.  Kinnear needs to be careful with the details, he needs to get these things right now he's a Director Of Football".

Tim Krul made 9 first team appearances in 2008/09.  For Falkirk on loan.

Fuck off Durham, you're as bad as Kinnear is.