RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

If he'd came in quietly and just got on with his job you'd have a point. But he's embarrassed himself, us and the club.

Exactly. I hope he does a cracking job (and if it makes the child-like Ashley happy then so be it) but it doesn't change how he's dragged NUFC through the muck once again. Already.

Simon Bird ‏@simonbirdmirror 44s

Newcastle Evening Chronicle playing down Kinnear's arrival. I quote: "a source of easy material for the southern media"

Expand

So the local rags, or more precisely Lee Ryder, is now attacking the nationals?  Pathetic.

Pathetic. :lol:

The nationals have a job to do, and he's stating correctly that Kinnear is indeed "a source of easy material for the southern media", because, well, he fucking is.

Hardly an attack man, based on that one quote. All I'm guessing he is saying is they may well be overplaying the level of turmoil he has caused.

If so, good.

/ Have I just defended Ryder?

// I need a shower.

It'll kick off on the twittersphere soon I think.

Always found it bizarre that Douglas and Wilson from the regionals and Caulkin, Bird, Edwards and Hardy from the nationals have all engaged with each other at some point.  Sometimes it gets a little heated but sometimes it's all in jest - yet I've never seen Lee Ryder have a conversation via twitter with any of his peers.

Joe's been a bit of a knacker but there's a lot of myth padding out a few facts in the press ramblings. He had a right go at them last time (many would say they deserved it) and they're now grinding their axe.

Still think the accentuated indignation of some fans is funnier than anything JFK has done so far.

Joe's been a bit of a knacker but there's a lot of myth padding out a few facts in the press ramblings. He had a right go at them last time (many would say they deserved it) and they're now grinding their axe.

Still think the accentuated indignation of some fans is funnier than anything JFK has done so far.

?? really? I'm just speaking for myself but I'm not too keen on someone representing NUFC calling our players by incorrect names, spouting blatant lies concerning his career, and insulting the entire fan base by proclaiming he is "smarter than us". I don't particularly find it funny

Don't know where to start really, but here goes :-

a) you must have missed the part where I called him a "knacker" - that was regarding incorrect names etc.

b) no one finds it funny - hence why I find accentuated indignation more amusing.

c) we've had far worse "representing NUFC" over the years in the boardroom, on the pitch and in the stands. It's nowt new.

d) please continue to express your indignation if it makes you feel better.

I think the main worry is twofold - that he's mentally unstable and makes the club look a joke, and that he might well be like a wrecking ball through everything at the club (based on the first point about him being mental).

You're right he hasn't actually 'done' much that is too bad yet... but I'm not confident he won't.

d) it's weird I almost thought a public message board regarding football was the sort of place that people aired viewpoints and discussed the latest events on NUFC. I guess we should look on in some sort of passive silence.

It's normally when someone throws this weary old statement in that debating becomes pointless.

If he does a good job there will be a hell of a lot of backtracking on here.

A good job at fucking what?  In the vague description of his job role it sounds like Carr and Pardew identify the targets, he goes and takes them to Mike and Mike funds the transfer.  What exactly constitutes doing a good job in this role?  Not getting lost in the corridor?  Wow, thanks Joe, aside from acting like a fucking clown on the radio at every opportunity, you managed to not fuck everything up and things turned out just as well as if we weren't fucking paying you to be here.  Congratulations.

If we make a great signing and Joe claims he personally identified the player, negotiated the contract, sold the club's vision to him, went and picked him up from London, arranged his house sale, shipped over his cat and scared off rival suitors, will anyone believe him anyway?  No.

A good job at f***ing what?  In the vague description of his job role it sounds like Carr and Pardew identify the targets, he goes and takes them to Mike and Mike funds the transfer.  What exactly constitutes doing a good job in this role?  Not getting lost in the corridor?  Wow, thanks Joe, aside from acting like a f***ing clown on the radio at every opportunity, you managed to not f*** everything up and things turned out just as well as if we weren't f***ing paying you to be here.  Congratulations.

If we make a great signing and Joe claims he personally identified the player, negotiated the contract, sold the club's vision to him, went and picked him up from London, arranged his house sale, shipped over his cat and scared off rival suitors, will anyone believe him anyway?  No.

:thup:

Don't hold your breath waiting on me backtracking btw.  :)

The man is a 100% bellend. It's not like we haven't waded through his shit before.

Even reading his name makes my skin crawl.  :tickedoff:

100% sure that it was this cunt who let Perch go ,Pardew  imho would not have let him go and secondly do not think by his radio newcastle interview that he was wanting to leave.