RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

“Alan Pardew has signed 16 players costing £60m in the last two years, Newcastle United’s wage bill is now comfortably in the top 10 in the country, and he will continue to get all the support the club can reasonably provide.

Firstly, I make it 20 players:

10/11: Ben Arfa

11/12: Abeid, Marveaux, Cabaye, Ba, Obertan, Santon, Elliott, Cisse

12/13: Amalfitano, Bigirimana, Anita, Good, Debuchy, Yanga-Mbiwa, Haidara, Sissoko, Mbabu, Kemen and Gouffran

But we'lll not quibble over that.  In that time we've seen 22 leave, for a combined fee of (you guessed it) £60m. So we're 2 men down for a net outlay of fuck all. If that qualifies as giving him all the support the club can reasonably give, then it's bloody unreasonable.

Kinnear admitted: “I sanctioned the one-year loan deal for Loic Remy, and if it goes pear-shaped I will take responsibility for it.

“But if he scores goals and does well for us, Alan will be happy with our end of the deal; the player will be happy because he will come into contention for a World Cup place with France; and if both those things happen, Remy will go back to QPR as a World Cup player with a higher value than when he joined them, so everyone will come out of it well.”

So no clause to seal a permanent deal then..... Wonderful.

Everyone comes out of it well apart from us.

“Alan Pardew has signed 16 players costing £60m in the last two years, Newcastle United’s wage bill is now comfortably in the top 10 in the country, and he will continue to get all the support the club can reasonably provide.

Firstly, I make it 20 players:

10/11: Ben Arfa

11/12: Abeid, Marveaux, Cabaye, Ba, Obertan, Santon, Elliott, Cisse

12/13: Amalfitano, Bigirimana, Anita, Good, Debuchy, Yanga-Mbiwa, Haidara, Sissoko, Mbabu, Kemen and Gouffran

But we'lll not quibble over that.  In that time we've seen 22 leave, for a combined fee of (you guessed it) £60m. So we're 2 men down for a net outlay of fuck all. If that qualifies as giving him all the support the club can reasonably give, then it's bloody unreasonable.

Kinnear admitted: “I sanctioned the one-year loan deal for Loic Remy, and if it goes pear-shaped I will take responsibility for it.

“But if he scores goals and does well for us, Alan will be happy with our end of the deal; the player will be happy because he will come into contention for a World Cup place with France; and if both those things happen, Remy will go back to QPR as a World Cup player with a higher value than when he joined them, so everyone will come out of it well.”

So no clause to seal a permanent deal then..... Wonderful.

Everyone comes out of it well apart from us.

Kinnear publicly banging on about how much we have spent and comparing wage bills is EXACTLY why I don't want us to piss money away on players I don't rate.

Its easy to criticise the 'pseudo accountant' fans but Mike Ashley counts every penny he spends and will use it when Pardew, Charnley, Kinnear etc.. go begging for another player.

It shouldn't be like that but that is how it is. So and so may be better than one of our current players but given how difficult it is to get the nod in the first place some don't want that money spent by just slightly upgrading, especially when there are better options out there.

Wonder how long they can keep this s*** up while we're not winning. :lol:

The bloke is a compulsive liar, once you tell a lie a few times you actually start to believe it happened yourself.

All that Kinnear appears to have overseen is the weakening of an already inadequate squad.  I would love to understand the rationale behind selling Perch this summer if we never intended to buy anyone.  Or indeed why we didn't offer Simpson the extra money he wanted to stay.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joe-kinnear-re-locate-newcastle-before-5788488

Well that's a relief and a weight off my mind. At least he can try not to sign players sitting in Newcastle rather than London.

See, he's not as daft as he looks.

Up until clicking that link, I was living in the tiniest piece of hope that it was Newcastle, New South Wales.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joe-kinnear-re-locate-newcastle-before-5788488

Well that's a relief and a weight off my mind. At least he can try not to sign players sitting in Newcastle rather than London.

See, he's not as daft as he looks.

honestly what is the point of publishing that story. the local press is getting worse.

I know they don't have much ITK to go on, so why not concentrate on pulling apart some off the ridiculous quotes from pardew and JFK, for example that £60m on players bollocks. They need to be expressing the importance of the game tonight and the need to play a strong team. they need to pick up on pardew's pre and post match bollocks/lies/excuses.

A bit more pressure is needed on Ashley, pardew and JFK rather than leaving it to forums like this. They really need to emphasise that the fans aren't swallowing the club's lies.

the regime gets far too easy a time from the local press.

Before the season started, we had sat down and agreed the squad was big enough, and strong enough, to finish in the top half of the table.

I think it’s fairly evident, even before the Cabaye situation, that we need to bring at least one or two players in and that hasn’t changed.

Working together indeed.

If we don't sign anyone today it will show just what a dishonest tosser this bloke is tbh.

I'm sure he's more than aware that he's been called a w@nker, a drunk, a mouthpiece, etc.

But this will just bear him out as a wilful liar. Which i think is far more damning.

Apparently he's going to spend some money today, been seen in the Metro Centre with his kids.

First stop is build a bear, then the all you can eat buffet, then the Disney store, back to all you can eat, off to the cinema, then off home for an early night.

I think where Pards has played it well is mentioning Joke everytime he's quizzed about possible incomings "that's Joe's area" "Joe's working hard" "Joe has a list of targets" etc. 

If we don't get anyone in I bet Pards is secretely hoping the press really go for JK in a big way after all his bullshit. 

I think where Pards has played it well is mentioning Joke everytime he's quizzed about possible incomings "that's Joe's area" "Joe's working hard" "Joe has a list of targets" etc. 

If we don't get anyone in I bet Pards is secretely hoping the press really go for JK in a big way after all his bullshit.

I think the local press will be going for it big-time once the window closes.