RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

I don't think he was ever given a real job with real power. He was clearly not suited to the diplomatic niceties of negotiating with other clubs, and it looks to me that Ashley really saw him as his personal consultant.

I'm pretty sure he really did have the power to sign players, hence us not getting anyone signed once he took over those duties.

Even if we're notoriously slow in the transfer market normally, signings did seem to dry up more once he became DoF. It implies to me he really was in charge of all that.

I would love to believe this, as it would mean that we actually did have intentions to make some signings at least.

Did Pardew get him out I wonder?

I'd understand if, for all the (reasonable) slating his answers have got, Pardew felt like he'd got chucked under the fucking bus in that interview the other day. For all he made an arsehole of himself with his answers, it shouldn't be in his remit to answer on those kinds of things when he's got a Director of Football nominally in charge of transfers.

Could this be a precedent: the moment Alan Pardew felt shame? One humiliation too far even for him?

god knows, we can only theorize but its hard to believe in any way shape or form that Pardew ever remotely liked the idea of answering to Kinnear in any respect let alone him being in charge of transfers and at the end of the day Pardew is a football manager, even just to make him look better he wants to finish as high as possible and that was clearly hindered by Kinnears incompetence and Ashley's lack of interest

What is really needed now is a decent detailed statement telling us exactly what has happened, why Joe has resigned, whether he leaves having done a good job or because he fucked up and - most importantly - what direction the club is going in (and who will be dealing with it) with regards to player signings/contracts and the like.

Anyone think we have a hope in hell of getting that?

Chances are Kinnear will spout such shit on talkSport that it provoke another club statement.

Guest bimpy474

Could it be Pardgone?

Overloading on good news really doesn't happen to us.

Quite the opposite. Shola's probably going to sign a new deal now :lol:

You think that would be good news :lol:

If he's been told to go off the back of ST cancellations, it's proof that the fans do actually have some muscle in this whole situation. And that was always going to come in the form of 'bums (not) on seats'.

Hope the fanbase cottons-on to that but I doubt the majority will.

Pete Graves ‏@PeteGravesSky  2m

Suggestions that Mike Ashley had been  frustrated by lack of arrivals in last 2 windows. There was a budget. #nufc

you f***ing what?!!

What is this word "budget"?

I'm being cynical but ashley has crapped  it after the season tickets renewals, it must be that because joke was doing his job by doing absolutely nothing.

looking at it now ashley has lost money and he has panicked. He keeps losing money and the pressure keeps on him and this nightmare will end. 

Suggestions that Mike Ashley had been  frustrated by lack of arrivals in last 2 windows. There was a budget. #nufc

you fucking what?!!

:lol:

If this is true it's actually more scary than the alternative in a way. Means Ashley actually thought JFK could do a job.

Guest bimpy474

you fucking what?!!

Well you either believe that or you think that's another bit of bullshit to take the heat off. Sacking JFK achieves the first part brilliantly.

you f***ing what?!!

What is this word "budget"?

:lol: The idea that he couldn't sign anyone.

you fucking what?!!

Right.

It would have happened sooner when they saw what chaos he was causing. Nice try

Guest bimpy474

you fucking what?!!

If this is true it's actually more scary than the alternative in a way. Means Ashley actually thought JFK could do a job.

For a self made very successful man, it was one hell of a fucking mental decision. What a prat :lol:

you f***ing what?!!

haha, that is absolute bullshit.

you fucking what?!!

Right.

It would have happened sooner when they saw what chaos he was causing. Nice try

:thup:

Impossible to believe anything these wankers put out. Known liars.

you fucking what?!!

For a self made very successful man, it was one hell of a fucking mental decision. What a prat :lol:

well its not like he hasn't made mental decisions before