RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

I mentioned this is another thread. half time at the derby, bloke who sits near me in the milburn paddock had recently returned from business trip to Dubai and said he had been informed sandman hotels had been in talks with Ashley since October and were planning a takeover in march but Ashley wanted to delay it.

No offence but that sounds like a load of s****.

I know - straws being clutched at. he seemed quite sincere about it. oh well, we can still live in hope. I'm just desperate to believe there is a buyer out there.

Interesting....Their CEO owning the Dallas Stars is decently relevant. Hope he's partnering with Jerry Jones :lol:

Whoa!! wait ... Who owns Sandman hotels? Tom Gaglardi ??

Tom is the CEO or something. He's also owner of the Dallas Stars. However, his dad, Bob, is the one with money. Worth just under $2 billion Canadian. Which is roughly equivalent to chicken feed and dirt.

All of this is irrelevant anyway because the story is made up.

Also

And wow, did Kinnear have some ambitious targets... which would sometimes emerge rather haphazardly as he befriended strangers in bars and left them thrilled with his tales of football gossip and legend.

Amazingly, they included Gareth Bale, before he moved from Spurs to Real Madrid for a world record fee of £86m.

:facepalm:

Although the tabloids could make up anything Joe Kinnear supposedly said and I'd believe them.

I honestly expected a statement along the lines of "Just in case any of you cunts were thinking Ashley had realised he'd actually made a mistake, or Joe's ego had allowed him to accept he wasn't actually good enough for the job and should step down, it was for fucking health reasons so don't go getting stupid ideas like that."

The likes of TalkSport are missing a trick here, like. Surely all the media outlets know that they've got to make one phonecall and they'll have pure gold for about twenty minutes. They could purely ask "can we interview you?" and they'd still get everything they need from the rambly old fool.

Guest reefatoon

The likes of TalkSport are missing a trick here, like. Surely all the media outlets know that they've got to make one phonecall and they'll have pure gold for about twenty minutes. They could purely ask "can we interview you?" and they'd still get everything they need from the rambly old fool.

They have been trying, but the bellend has lost his phone again.

Guest reefatoon

Aahh, that stuff is vile!

A real gourmet would appreciate that fruit.  :D

No chance.  It looked like custard slice on a picture when I tried it in Hong Kong.  It tasted like cold vomit.  Was not a good day that one as I tried to wash it down with a 24 herbal tea, which tasted like liquidized tab butts.  How can you get cake so wrong?

He's certain to have signed a confidentiality/gagging agreement in return for a payoff. It will be interesting to see if he keeps to it or does a Di Canio. He's probably still mates with Ashley so I wouldn't be surprised if he remains loyal to him.

No chance.  It looked like custard slice on a picture when I tried it in Hong Kong.  It tasted like cold vomit.  Was not a good day that one as I tried to wash it down with a 24 herbal tea, which tasted like liquidized tab butts.  How can you get cake so wrong?

:lol:

:lol: Actually depends on the cultivar you get and HK is no durian haven. Could understand the typical foreigner reaction to it (descriptions always amusing to us locals) though you could always let the love grow.  :D

Guest Brazilianbob

So the rumour is that Ashley wasnt happy with the price JFK got for Cabaye.  Given the sparse information regarding his departure from SJP I wonder if the price agreed between JFK and PSG involved a brown envelope......He is from that era where brown envelopes were commonplace during transfer negotiations.

Guest reefatoon

Ive heard Llambias is returning, from a fellow mag in the office.

Dear god, I hope not. Doesn't help that Mike only has 2 friends does it.

I'm not convinced about the Cabaye rumour. Considering the quality of the player, the fact that he wanted to leave, and the fact that no other club seemed to be willing to pay anything like the amount we got, £20m seems a good price to me.

You do wonder how much tension there was around the Pardew-Carr-Kinnear axis, particularly with the start that Joe made, when he was talking about what he was going to do, before any official announcement from the club. If you couple that with what I feel was a lack of clarity about Joe's role and powers, you've got a recipe for disaster.

It does look like, at the time of Kinnear's appointment, Ashley may have been hoping that Llambias was going to stay on in some capacity. So Kinnear may have ended up not in the role originally intended, or the whole management / decision-making structure may have been bodged and left unclear.

I'm not convinced about the Cabaye rumour. Considering the quality of the player, the fact that he wanted to leave, and the fact that no other club seemed to be willing to pay anything like the amount we got, £20m seems a good price to me.

You do wonder how much tension there was around the Pardew-Carr-Kinnear axis, particularly with the start that Joe made, when he was talking about what he was going to do, before any official announcement from the club. If you couple that with what I feel was a lack of clarity about Joe's role and powers, you've got a recipe for disaster.

Those have been the exact same problems KK experienced, no one knows what they are doing  :lol:

Ashley needs to hire a professional for once in his life to make a go of it and at least get some professional structuer in place. Mates doing a cheap turn for you is not the way to run a modern day football club.  :lol: :lol:

Would Ashley not know the price that was agreed for Cabaye and then he could stop it himself if he wasn't happy?

Well exactly. I can't believe that Kinnear could make a £20m decision without consulting the boss.

Guest neesy111

I don't buy any of it, Ashely didn't sack kinnear, and he would have been happy with his performance. This is all PR spin from the club, total shit imo

This.

I simply don't believe anything coming out of the club at the moment.