RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

That figure for how much was spent in January 2013 goes up every single time :) Think originally it was Llambias who stated it was around £20m, which we all laughed off then and it's just kept going up since and is now £33m :lol:

Did we bollocks, that includes wages for the next ten years and schooling fees for the kids they haven't had yet.

:lol: Seemed high.

Unbelievable.

Repost:

@SSNRadio: Listen again as Damien Comolli admits interest in #NUFC Director of Football role http://t.co/lZoKOBHA0Q http://t.co/YogGNn4ryT

:lol: Imagine Ashley's face, learning that a guy that has a history of doing well (according to my quick glance at wiki) wants to come in and probably spend some cash.

:lol: He singed Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing for Liverpool, man. Though Ive no idea if he had more input or if it was Dogleish. You'd probably know better than I.

:lol: Two motherfucking thousand and god damn five, ffs. Nine f***ing years later this September, man. Again, how many derby losses and relegations do I have to experience before I'm a Newcastle fan you f***ing rat b******s?

Hundreds of billions.

Never gets old.

:lol: He singed Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing for Liverpool, man. Though Ive no idea if he had more input or if it was Dogleish.

And Suarez.

Though on Ashley's budget,  the comparable signing that Comolli could get would be Jim Davidson.

That figure for how much was spent in January 2013 goes up every single time :) Think originally it was Llambias who stated it was around £20m, which we all laughed off then and it's just kept going up since and is now £33m :lol:

Llambias had it as £31m all along.

“You reflect on it: injuries, not enough depth, plus the Europa League – it became a disaster. But then we did great business in January, staying within our model. So I think we were a net £31m spend in January, which is, quite honestly, an achievement for the quality we bought."

Interesting whether the media is using the following quote to emphasize Kinnear selling Cabaye for less than Ashley wanted.

“Last summer was basically about keeping our squad. We weren’t joking when we said that if anyone made a call about anyone, we asked for £25m. That’s anyone. Sooner or later, people will go away. That’s how we kept our squad together.”

How he struggled with technology and had endless problems with his mobile phone.

How he got the name of his own defender Shane Ferguson muddled up with former midfielder Stephen Ireland and called him Shane Ireland.

^ Images of those two things had me in stitches just now, I must say. I still can't stop chuckling. Awesome, awesome stuff from the fucking clowns.

Not that far off I would imagine. ~£17m in transfer fees + sign on and agents fee for 5 players. The Ba sale wasn't really that profitable though was it? The fee Chelsea had to pay wasn't the same amount as the club received in hard cash, or am I dreaming stuff up?

Yeah, that's the thing... since we sold Andy Carroll for £35m and everyone hoped they'd reinvest that in the squad on transfer fees, they started claiming that money would need to cover all transfer costs included agents fees, wages, etc not just the actual fee for the player between clubs, almost to try and reduce the expectation of (many) signings.

Yeah, that's the thing... since we sold Andy Carroll for £35m and everyone hoped they'd reinvest that in the squad on transfer fees, they started claiming that money would need to cover all transfer costs included agents fees, wages, etc not just the actual fee for the player between clubs, almost to try and reduce the expectation of (many) signings.

:thup:

Guest Brazilianbob

If you factor in that 5 players bought in Jan 2013 each earn £20,000 per week and they are all on four year contracts, that equates to around £21m, so add on transfer/agents fees of £10m and hey presto we have a figure of around £31m.

Every club will do it to plan ahead to make sure the money is there, but not every club will use it as an excuse for not strengthening the squad.

I'd like to think they were budgeted for separately like

Must be paying the tea lady a shitload if the player wages are included in the transfer fees, our salary bill is quite large.  Maybe Mike is on facebook and bought into the soldiers/mums/dinner ladies/anyone except footballers should get footballers wages bollocks.