RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

The outrage over "did a lot of good work here." :lol:

The defendant is accused of murdering 37 schoolchildren and ... littering! **gasps from coutroom, woman in the back faints**

:lol:

It's a load of bollocks though. As pointed out, we have no board anyway so it's no surprise the club can't even get its story right on this.

You're right and I agree. And not that it excuses it or makes it OK, but it's the same kind of shite all managers spew and have been spewing forever and I guess I'm just numb to it at this point.

Pardew has to be diplomatic though surely? :lol:

"Joe was a massive useless cunt and I for one am glad to see the piss-stained old soak fuck off, hopefully to a retirement home where they beat the elderly"

"Well, Joe was brought in to sign players for this club, and as the board sees it, he has failed to do so. I'm sad to see him lose his job, because I think he would have got it right in the end, but that's the way things goes in football. We was."

Where is Wendy is all of this though? Regardless of Ashley's ridiculous strategies, she should be at least making sure that even if they are feeding us lies, they're fucking consistent with it.

- Official statement with resignation and no thanks to Kinnear for his work

- Leaked information that he was sacked and was useless.

- Pardew commenting saying that he was sacked and did a good job.

So far nothing has matched :lol:

Fuck me, people are over analysing this so badly :lol:

Pardew is a gobshite, pure and simple, you can tell by his facial expressions he doesn't know what he's gonna say next. How the fuck do you think a man like that is somehow slyly hinting to some boardroom level machinations? He's just saying things, things that anyone without an imagination says when someone deservedly loses their job.

Guest reefatoon

Press should have asked Pards what that good work consisted off.

They were probably too busy rolling around the floor in hysterics.

I hate Pardew as much as anyone, but there's nothing wrong with what he's said here.

All he's done is not be a cunt about a man who has lost his job. We'd all love to have been mouthy and said how we hated Kinnear, but he really can't do that in his position. There really is nothing to see here. Move along.

I hate Pardew as much as anyone, but there's nothing wrong with what he's said here.

All he's done is not be a c*** about a man who has lost his job. We'd all love to have been mouthy and said how we hated Kinnear, but he really can't do that in his position. There really is nothing to see here. Move along.

He didn't need to say the "he's done a lot of good work bit" really stupid, open himself up to further questions. He could of easily said, "I don't like to see anyone lose their job, I wish Joe all the best for the future" simple non contentious and non ambiguous. Unless of course his intention was for questions to be asked about this so called "good work".

These managers are supposed to be schooled in these press conferences, he should know better.

All he's done is not be a c*** about a man who has lost his job. We'd all love to have been mouthy and said how we hated Kinnear, but he really can't do that in his position. There really is nothing to see here. Move along.

He didn't need to say the "he's done a lot of good work bit" really stupid, open himself up to further questions. He could of easily said, "I don't like to see anyone lose their job, I wish Joe all the best for the future" simple non contentious and non ambiguous. Unless of course his intention was for questions to be asked about this so called "good work".

These managers are supposed to be schooled in these press conferences, he should know better.

He may have also been taking the piss.

Guest firetotheworks

The lack of surprise when Pardew talks utter shite works to their advantage because every time it happens we're less surprised and there's less of a reaction.

I was going to make a point asking why anyone is talking about it and why people are surprised, but I'm pleased that people still are. The longer there's a reaction to that utter prick's quotes the better.

All he's done is not be a cunt about a man who has lost his job. We'd all love to have been mouthy and said how we hated Kinnear, but he really can't do that in his position. There really is nothing to see here. Move along.

Except his contradicted the club's official line / lie by opening his mouth at all, and inadvertently spilling the beans? Even if you give him the benefit of the doubt, he still comes off looking like an idiot.

Steve Wilson just said on Football Focus that he contacted Comolli through a third party, and he said that he would be interested in a role at the club, although there has been no contact.

Take it for what it is.

Guest neesy111

Steve Wilson just said on Football Focus that he contacted Comolli through a third party, and he said that he would be interested in a role at the club, although there has been no contact.

Take it for what it is.

No thanks.

I just seen that, i thought we said we weren't looking for a replacement for Kinnear at this moment in time. Regardless of who comes in (if anyone) they will be hated from day one, and probably wont be taken seriously from our point of view.

I'd hate to have someone with experience and professional standards in the role. I'd be sick. Much rather have a drunken baffoon who is full of lies and arrogance when meeting players and agents.

Fuck that. We'd be a joke getting Comolli, we'd end up signing players and shit.  :dave: