RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Ashley would never hire him anyway but yeah no thanks. His transfers record at Liverpool and Spuds is a joke.

The business he did at Spurs was generally good, he got Modric, Bale, Berbatov. Carroll and Adam were his only massive mistakes at Liverpool aswell

Ashley would never hire him anyway but yeah no thanks. His transfers record at Liverpool and Spuds is a joke.

The business he did at Spurs was generally good, he got Modric, Bale, Berbatov. Carroll and Adam were his only massive mistakes at Liverpool aswell

well Downing too. The main issue (and why Ashley would never hire him) is he's not all that good at negotiating decent prices (if that was his job)

Guest zicomartin

I'd welcome Commoli.  He has worked for Monaco, St Etienne, Arsenal and also speaks Spanish as well as French / English.

Just think how useful that might be in our transfer dealings with South America.

Its obvious he couldn't do any worse than the blundering JFK who has a track record of offending more than one French player in his grand total of 12 months here, it's no surprise french clubs have started talking shit about us.

JFK could barely even speak English without abusing somebody, ffs, we seriously need to re-build some bridges, IMO.

Ashley should've finished him the day after he self-announced his own return, tbh.

Anybody who thinks signing players is only about money, needs to think again, it's about relationships and selling the vision.

That's something our esteemed manager is also pretty crap at, too.

Anybody who thinks signing players is only about money, needs to think again, it's about relationships and selling the vision.

We'll be lucky if we ever sign a player ever again. :D

"Come to Newcastle - We don't want to finish higher than 8th and we plan to get knocked out the cups as early as possible."

interesting comments in the match thread from golfmag about this cunt promising Ashley 25m for cabaye and a replacement before the deadline.

Since Ashley's people probably wrote that script it's not that interesting.

Guest bimpy474

I refuse to believe that story, purely on the grounds that surely no one could be stupid enough to put Joe Kinnear in charge of negotiating fees :anguish:

Our owner was stupid enough to make him manager and then DOF, not too much of leap to think he might have let the geriatric piss stained drunk negotiate fees like.

Like I say, I refuse to believe. It's too tragic to even think about :(

Actually, it might be the best-case scenario. At least it would suggest Ashley did want signings and expected Kinnear to deliver some. Obviously it was a catastrophic appointment in that case, but still.

I refuse to believe that story, purely on the grounds that surely no one could be stupid enough to put Joe Kinnear in charge of negotiating fees :anguish:

You are talking about the man who hired him twice. Anything seems possible.

Reappoint him manager, sack off Carr and give Kinnear full control over transfers. Oh, and make him managing director as well, so he cannot ever be sacked.