RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

I understand the need to work with people who you trust, but if he appointed DL and AP for that reason than why does he need Kinnear in there as well? And if he's run out of patience with either of them, why not just replace? Trust is important but it's not like he's running an intelligence agency.

It depends what you think the first priority was. Either 1) Ashley wants a DOF in based on recent meetings with DL/AP etc, then he's chosen one from his very small list of people he's prepared to employ, or 2) Ashley specifically wants JFK in there to regulate what DL/AP are doing.

I would say the first one is more likely. But seriously, how hard can it be to chat to a few people who are relatively normal and know a bit about football?

Just hoping that JFK is here mainly in a spying/rebalancing things for Ashley role, and he won't actually be able to do much damage to our recruitment and all that.

Is it just Joe saying anything still? Could the "contract I signed over lunch with Mike" have been all in his head? Is it amoral to believe the best outcome here is that we're the victim of the overactive imagination of a madman?

Is it just Joe saying anything still? Could the "contract I signed over lunch with Mike" have been all in his head? Is it amoral to believe the best outcome here is that we're the victim of the overactive imagination of a madman?

You don't think there might perhaps have been a denial by this point?

I hope that's the case, he's mad enough.

Asked a local journo before.

Jonny Hall ‏@jonnyehall

@milesstarforth Have the club actually confirmed it yet, privately or otherwise? All we have is the ramblings of Kinnear to say he's back.

Miles Starforth ‏@milesstarforth

@jonnyehall No comment from the club, but it's true.

You don't think there might perhaps have been a denial by this point?

Well yeah, or a confirmation. Unless there's some serious discussions behind the scenes about precisely what's been agreed with Kinnear.

I think the delay may be due to the shock of it coming out either unplanned or unknown, there will be a furious meeting going on right now trying to work out how to handle this, the longer it takes to the more fkd up the situation would appear to be.

If they wanted Pardew gone he would have just been sacked, fans were crying out for it so its not like it was going to be met with anger, not like this utterly fucking stupid decision.

Why the f*** does there need to be all this political positioning to oust somebody, its like game of thrones without the nudity (yet thank god) ffs

Think most on here have been watching too much game of thrones tbh

IF it was just Ashley's decision and he told no one then its more likely if he did it to push anyone into quitting it would be Lambias.

It was David Lamb's idea. God knows why or who he even is though.. :lol:

I want a word with this Dave Lamb, bastard.