RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Matt Collins‏@SkySportsMatt1h

Sources tell me that Andy Carroll could be going back to Newcastle. #NUFC #LFC #WHUFC

The JFK effect?

462 followers and a medical at west ham tomorrow

Darren Bent it is then. Not really bothered about who we get tbh as it is pretty obvious it is going to go tits up pretty soon if it hasn't already.

Instead of the "Kinnear being brought in to force Pardew out" theory, my theory is that Ashley no longer wants Dekka managing anything more than a spreadsheet - wouldn't be surprised if Pardew is complaining about him not being a "football man" as well, also re: dereks comments about him being a fucking horrible person to work under - so he brought in someone else to report directly to him to manage the football side of things for the club, and because Ashley knows no one in the footballing world he picked a name he trusts in Kinnear. The best possible result is that Kinnear will have at least a better idea about a targets talent and potential fit in the team than Derek, who is more concerned with the balance, ever would and we'll start getting in players we need instead of players who were cheap and have potential resell.

Believe me, I know how stupid it is to hope. But I will.

Guest chicken little

taking this back a bit, but..

It's only played by incredibly posh people in England. Can't really comment on their race, but you can draw your own conclusions.

i know a lad who plays lacrosse, he's a massive scary fucker who only got into it because he's banned sine die from rugby league.  :lol: :lol:

Honest to fucking god, is there no-one at that club that realises the type of continental player we have been signing need to play a more fluid passing style. Pardew can't cut it; solution, get Kinnear in to help.

It doesn't make sense on any level I can contemplate.

Honest to fucking god, is there no-one at that club that realises the type of continental player we have been signing need to play a more fluid passing style. Pardew can't cut it; solution, get Kinnear in to help.

It doesn't make sense on any level I can contemplate.

I agree, there's nothing wrong with the calibre of player we're signing - or the sort of deals we've made. Ashley and Llambias (and Pardew) know that and will champion it at every opportunity. Which is why I don't believe Kinnear's appointment has been made to improve the transfer policy. It's got to be the thing they're most happy about.

If it's not to undermine Pardew (which is my gut instinct), then the truth probably does lie with something Kinnear said: the whole "I'll shift 'em on" line. They've got the signing bit sussed, as far as they're concerned. But you could argue they've not sussed the 'shifting em on' bit (Carroll aside). Kinnear could certainly help with that.

Honest to f***ing god, is there no-one at that club that realises the type of continental player we have been signing need to play a more fluid passing style. Pardew can't cut it; solution, get Kinnear in to help.

It doesn't make sense on any level I can contemplate

Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows this is a horrendous idea. Unfortunately, we're owned by a man who appears to have no common sense whatsoever. How can one individual be devoid of any intelligence? Jobs for mates it is.

Kinnear has been getting ripped to shreds on Talksport.  If he's been listening then there will be a repeat of his first NUFC press conference, he won't be able to help himself.

He's on straight after as well. Not looking forward to it in the slightest but I'm gonna have to listen.

Kinnear has been getting ripped to shreds on Talksport.  If he's been listening then there will be a repeat of his first NUFC press conference, he won't be able to help himself.

He's on straight after as well. Not looking forward to it in the slightest but I'm gonna have to listen.

Aye, that's what I mean - he'll be fuming if he's been listening prior to going on.

Guest tollemache

I can't help it, I'm already rooting for him. I realise it is almost certainly not what is going to happen but I'd love it if he came and happened to do an awesome job

I can't help it, I'm already rooting for him. I realise it is almost certainly not what is going to happen but I'd love it if he came and happened to do an awesome job

:lol:

Surprise fucking surprise.

Guest tollemache

I know, I know.... it's just the way I am. Aside from having a certain amount of time for Ashley, I'm reluctant to write anybody off til they've shown beyond doubt that they're not up to it. I've almost never been in favour of a managerial sacking at SJP, but I've been very against plenty of appointments. Most of them, come to think of it.

Still, once they're on board I just think - go on then, you never know. Won't help if there's pressure from the start