RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

Let's not be naive here, there would be no DoF position if there was no Joe Kinnear. He is making the position to get him back in the club as he's a mate.

See: Wise, Dennis.

What would Kinnear actually bring to the club? What the f*** is the thinking behind this? The man was seen as a bit of a joke before he managed us and solidified that reputation by swearing at journalists, alienating the playing squad and lying about everything from his contract to transfers.

I just can't get my head around Ashley rationally going back to a DoF structure on the back of the disastrous Wise/Keegan experience. He hates us with a vengeance, the motherfucking piece of shit..

I don't think he hates us, I just think he has no fucking idea how to run a football club. Every time he hits upon a working formula he tries to tinker with it and fucks things up.

We don't need a DoF, let alone one who is criminally out of touch with the modern game and has no experience in the role. Seriously, what is his job going to entail?

Mark Douglas‏@MsiDouglas29s

Not just a rumour, by the way. Appears certain that Kinnear heading back to #nufc. More details to come.

Not a joke lads - this really is happening.

Then they can all fuck right off as far as I'm concerned. Back to grass roots for me.

There will be those that talk of a "boycoutt" but I am sure the vast majority will turn up. I live in Chelmsford which is about 4.5 hours away, moved recently from Bournemouth which is 6.5 hours away and spent 2 hours last night checking on season tickets as I can probably do a return journey now. Don't think I am going to bother now.

Thats it. Im done.

Fuck off Ashley.

When one says one is "done", what exactly does this entail? I'd wager most of you dropping these proclamations will still watch/attend the matches, buy apparel, and be on here posting come the fall.

It's a sickness.

Guest neesy111

People need to start actively protesting against this shambles now. Stop buying merchandise, cancel your season tickets and hurt the cunts where it matters to them.

I have.  I was going to pick and choose games next season but not giving that clown who own's us a single penny.

Guest bimpy474

Not that I'm in any way advocating this idea one iota, but didn't Kinnear do some scouting for Wenger in the years between him managing Forest and us?

Make him a scout then, not a DoF

Always thought a DOF was a glorified scout anyhoo. Kinnear is more knowledgable that we give him credit for as Pilko pointed out, but that really doesn't matter when you see our dealing with him. He's embarrassing.

All he will be doing is identifying and trying to buy players, hardly worth burning a season ticket over. Pardew is in charge of coaching, tactics etc. How do we know he won't be brilliant at the job?

People need to start actively protesting against this shambles now. Stop buying merchandise, cancel your season tickets and hurt the c***s where it matters to them.

I have.  I was going to pick and choose games next season but not giving that clown who own's us a single penny.

It's sad, but we are only going to get hurt more, the more this continues.

Guest bimpy474

Clever timing, time for the decision to die down before the season starts.

he's a master of this. always manages to bury it. Imo the apathy will set in and people will just accept it. I wont be buying tickets or shirts though I know that

While i agree but i support Newcastle United, it's so hard to say "that's it i'm done". Football is my drug and the heroin i inject in my blood is Newcastle United. Fuck me i hate football sometimes.

All he will be doing is identifying and trying to buy players, hardly worth burning a season ticket over. Pardew is in charge of coaching, tactics etc. How do we know he won't be brilliant at the job?

he won't.

you're right, but he won't. Maybe it's jobs for the boys but he won't be given free reign to nosedive the club, I think that's the most anyone is hoping right now.