RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

This is dark. Is this potentially the worst start to pre-season ever? Fuck me it's days like this that actually make you dread Pardew leaving for fear of his replacement..dark indeed. Fuck me things actually get worse.

Cisse, cabaye, Ben afra all potentially out the door and pardew staying, kinnear dof and fucking Darren bent and Tompkins as our summer recruits.

We are completely and utterly relegated next year.

Think I might just turn into a fanatical WWE fan, that shots more real than NUFC now.

This would be a classic WWW storyline. Just need Marc Henry to shag the tea lady and we could get a slot on RAW

Give me Paul Heyman over JFK any day.

I'd take Shane McMahon as DOF over Kinnear

Will Stephanie's big titties make an appearance on match day.

100%. Man if she had a sex tape out that would take my mind right off this Kinnear s****.

I'd die a happy man, if such a thing existed. Back to reality :(

Hypothetical question. If someone said Ashley will sell all of our best players Cabaye, HBA, Cisse, Mbiwa, Santon, Sissolo, Coloccini etc. Will pocket the money and then sell to new owners. A consortium of local businessman who plan to take the club back to its former glory. However first year under new ownership we get relegated. But are able to start a fresh in the championship with a fair amount of cash available for transfers and a new exciting football philosophy. What would you prefer?

:lol: Gonna be great when we fire Pardew and we're all "Yaaaaay" and then they put Kinnear in as manager and we're all :suicide:.

This prospect is enough to turn me into a fully fledged Pardew In-er.

Really?, Pardews team selections and tactics are worse than anything I saw from Kinnear.  Granted Pardews much less embarrassing and neither should be near the club.

Guest bimpy474

All he will be doing is identifying and trying to buy players, hardly worth burning a season ticket over. Pardew is in charge of coaching, tactics etc. How do we know he won't be brilliant at the job?

That's not the role of a DoF at all. Identifying players is what a (chief) scout does, and it just so happens we have a brilliant one already. Buying players is what a chairman/executive does. A DoF needs to set the football philosophy, and make sure every manager and coach, from the first team to the youth teams, play to a coherent system. I guess he's also an adviser to the executives when it comes to football matters. What makes Joe f***ing Kinnear even remotely qualified for such a position?

Being a professional footballer and manager, and International manager i would guess. Not sure that makes him any good at it mind.

He's also a gobshite who loves the limelight, while the position requires intelligence and constraint, i.e.working behind the scenes. His record in football isn't exactly great, is it? I'd never even heard of him before he was appointed our manager. His time here was the stuff of nightmares, and now we look like re-appointing him. If we were to go for another DoF setup, it would have to be somebody with a proven track record, a passion for the club and a clear football vision. Somebody like Keegan would be ideal (in combination with an up and coming manager), but that will never happen under this buffoon of an owner.

Totally agree, it's a yes man. Personally i agree with someone earlier. The DOF if appointed should be European and someone who instills passing football throughout the club. And when that DOF needs to find a new manager, that manager would reflect it.

Guest bimpy474

:lol: Gonna be great when we fire Pardew and we're all "Yaaaaay" and then they put Kinnear in as manager and we're all :suicide:.

This prospect is enough to turn me into a fully fledged Pardew In-er.

Really?, Pardews team selections and tactics are worse than anything I saw from Kinnear.  Granted Pardews much less embarrassing and neither should be near the club.

Spot on.

Guest neesy111

It's all jobs for the boys, hence why Pardew will only be binned if he's doing worse than shite. 

One of the comments:

Joe 'Effing' Kinnear!

Haha. Just what exactly could that clown bring to our club?

Appointing a director of football should ensure someone with a great knowledge of the game as well as a pioneering attitude towards footballing originality boosts the club and takes it forward.

Appointing Joe 'Effing' Kinear ensures we get a cockney dinosaur who gives us ZERO redeeming qualities.

But he's cheap so I'm sure that's exactly who Mike Ashley brings in! He'll probably spend our whole £3.99 striker budget on him as well!

Tell you what why not give Dennis Wise a bell Mike? I believe he's just the candidate for such a position!

If you hadn't already realised I am becoming completely disillusioned and I'm slowly but surely becoming more and more embarrassed to be associated with MY CLUB and these pathetic scum that run it!

What did we ever do to deserve this? I would do anything to get rid of Ashley and CO for good. I simply hate everything they stand for and I can fully understand what KK meant when he said until they are gone the club just doesn't seem OUR club anymore and more just a cheap, tacky branding tool for Sports Direct and Wonga.

2 brands which have no place being anywhere near the great name and traditions of our club!!!!!

Pretty much reiterating what everyone is thinking.

Guest bimpy474

I personally don't think JFK would take over Pardew if sacked.

Just worried about what calibre of managers we can bring in that can work under him.

Graham Carr has more credential to be a Director of Football. 

Exactly what i said earlier. Why not make it Carr. Much more sensible.

Steve Brenner‏@SunSteveBrenner40m

Mike Ashley's ability to continually take the piss out of a football club remains wonderfully intact.

Steve Brenner‏@SunSteveBrenner37m

Kinnear is a decent guy and there was a tragic backdrop to his last spell. But if the club wants to move forward, this is laughable.

Horrible, I know, but surely another heart scare would see the cunt off?

Anyone that spots him, make sure to approach him calmly and shout 'BANG' really loudly in his left ear. If he collapses on the spot, give it good minute or two before dialling 999.