Sunderland

Nobody

Glad to see Robson Green has got them rattled. Now Robson may well have turned himself into a bit of a w***** with a terrible attempt to change his accent, but the complete abscene of anything Sunderland related has been quite funny.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=790524&page=12

Must be the first time I find myself on the side of RTG. I mean, FFS, I just heard him say:

"Members of my family were directly involved in the strike. I remember my acapella group doing benefits for the miners"

Acapella group? Take that, thatcher...

Just keeping it real, chaps. Sunderland has improved their lot, we haven't. Simple as. We'll struggle again next season too if things remain as is (and there's been no indication that we're to have a magical summer any time soon).

Actually, you have no idea whether they've improved because we've not played a minute of competitive football yet, their signings could all turn out to be rubbish that don't settle. And while your point may be that Pardew reduces our quality of player, what about their man in charge? He's also unproven and didn't finish the season well. We need a couple of players to strengthen, they needed a massive overhaul. We've got the core of a squad that finished 5th let us not forget, that still counts for something despite last season.

Just keeping it real, chaps. Sunderland has improved their lot, we haven't. Simple as. We'll struggle again next season too if things remain as is (and there's been no indication that we're to have a magical summer any time soon).

Actually, you have no idea whether they've improved because we've not played a minute of competitive football yet, their signings could all turn out to be rubbish that don't settle. And while your point may be that Pardew reduces our quality of player, what about their man in charge? He's also unproven and didn't finish the season well. We need a couple of players to strengthen, they needed a massive overhaul. We've got the core of a squad that finished 5th let us not forget, that still counts for something despite last season.

:thup:

Keep your head in the sand, man.

Constructive. I think I'll stick to facts rather than conjecture, thanks.

Their squad wouldn't have gotten near 5th in a million years, ours actually did, showing we have the core of a good team and don't need to make too many changes. A couple of signings is all that is needed from us this Summer. They however, have been battling around the dregs of the league for a while and have shown no signs of going anywhere, they've taken a radically different direction but whether or not they've actually improved remains to be seen.

TBF if we had signed Giaccherini and Altidore we'd be happy... Although they are unproven they are making moves early, backing the manager and going for the right sort of signings, you know showing abit of ambition. We are still struggling to get Darren Bent 'over line' FFS.

Giaccherini is supposedly a decent player but he's come from a division as far-removed as possible, he may well not adapt at all. I'd have been happy with him as a signing but not as a first-teamer. Currently, I wouldn't have Altidore ahead of Cisse or Gouffran, who've shown they can get goals in a top league.

Fair play to them, they're trying something they've needed to do for a long time but it can't be said they've improved yet and I don't feel that their scouting has been particularly considered either, they've shopped in risky leagues so far.

You have to be a Sunderland fan on a wind up.

Just be open about it mate.

if someone offered us a couple of strikers (pretty much any fucking strikers by this point, not least actual internationals), a keeper, plus a mixed-bag of squad-filling lower-prem import shite, i wouldn't turn my nose up like.

Why?  You just fancy bloating the wage bill and wasting transfer funds for absolutely no reason?  Everyone wants to sign players, but they should be players that improve us, otherwise it's just signings for the sake of it.  So far I'd take one player Sunderland have signed, I wouldn't be excited by him in the slightest, but I'd be ok with the signing (talking about Altidore).

It's silly to assume we'll be as bad as last season just because of a lack of signings.

Fair play to Sunderland though, they are trying to do something about their personnel.

Not that I think you will be as bad as last year, but surely it wouldn't actually be silly to think you might be, given that you currently have the same players and manager.

Giaccherini is supposedly a decent player but he's come from a division as far-removed as possible, he may well not adapt at all. I'd have been happy with him as a signing but not as a first-teamer. Currently, I wouldn't have Altidore ahead of Cisse or Gouffran, who've shown they can get goals in a top league.

Fair play to them, they're trying something they've needed to do for a long time but it can't be said they've improved yet and I don't feel that their scouting has been particularly considered either, they've shopped in risky leagues so far.

Agreed. They've bought some absolute dross so far, but Giaccherini is a decent player like. Not a world beater but actually pretty good on his day.

I just can't see how Di Canio is supposed to form that barrel of shit into a cohesive team. Way too many changes there but as it's still early days they could gel together for the start of the season if their coach is actually good enough

Guest icemanblue

You have to be a Sunderland fan on a wind up.

Just be open about it mate.

:lol: The mackem even gets involved.