Sunderland

Nobody

One defeat and suddenly they're deep in the s**** again. 3 of their next 4 league games are Man City, Arsenal & Liverpool away. They could be adrift again by mid March.

You see 'this is a must-win game' quite a lot but for them, yesterday really was, they needed a cushion going into those fixtures.

The 6 points we have given them will keep them up IMO. Even if they have 3 difficult fixtures coming up, there will be less difficult fixtures after that, and they look like they have enough collective spirit and teamwork to eke out a few more points that others around them.

That was the most damaging result of the season so far. The results we are getting at home against the teams around us are pitiful. Will we stay up ? I honestly think it's to close to call, and I wouldn't even guess at the 3 to go down, although Fulham look very poor. We will be in the bottom three by the time our next home league game on 15th March and we'll need to kick on again after that.

It's all well and good them raising themselves for the derby and the final etc, but by the end of that run of games they're more than likely have taken a beating in the final. They've a canny few players on loan and out of contract soon as well as being back adrift in the bottom there. Will be interesting to see this 'spirit' then with only 9 games left.

What's the situation with Colback? I know his contract is up at the end of the season, really wouldn't mind us attempting to get him.

TBH I wouldn't be that bothered if he went. He's never been consistent, as has been highlighted perfectly in his last 4 or 5 games. He has the odd stand out game but he is far too often below par.

If Brown had done that tackle in the middle of the pitch he would have got 3 matches for serious foul play. Because it was in front of goal the severity of the tackle is ignored and classed as a professional foul so gets just 1 game.

Seems a ridiculous rule.

If Brown had done that tackle in the middle of the pitch he would have got 3 matches for serious foul play. Because it was in front of goal the severity of the tackle is ignored and classed as a professional foul so gets just 1 game.

Seems a ridiculous rule.

Serious foul play?

Seems a ridiculous rule.

Serious foul play?

Didn't go for the ball and was excessive force, terrible tackle

Seems a ridiculous rule.

Serious foul play?

Didn't go for the ball and was excessive force, terrible tackle

It was a definite red but excessive force and intentionally tried to take the man? I'm sorry I just don't agree.