Sunderland

Nobody

I think it's more cynical than it was violent. Looked bad obviously but I think the red and the normal ban is sufficient. His own idiocy cost them 3 points too.

Idiocy is the correct word. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but he should've left him to Mannone. I reckon he thought he could get there but his legs couldn't manage.

Regardless of whether or not Mannone would've dealt with it, he still could've tried to get a foot in without diving in like that.

Could well have done enough to put Long off or at least make him fluff his shot.  Long knocks the ball to his right and the direction Brown's coming in at, his right toe could've prodded it out of his control, where Mannone could probably rush to hack it into row Z.

Could still cost them massively come May that early red card. Could be a couple of teams who pull away a bit during these midweek fixtures.

I think they are running out of reasonably good fixtures. I said a couple of months ago that come the end of February March time their fixtures are very difficult. Of course they could pick up a win or a few draws from games they are not supposed to get anything from but other teams around them will have a few more winnable games. In my opinion they need about 36-38 points to stay up, (35 at the minimum if their GD is good), to get this they need somewhere between 11-14 points.

January usually see's a team look like getting out of trouble but falls away again, I think it maybe Sunderland this year. West Ham are starting to get the points on the board now, WBA I think have too much about them go down, and Norwich I think also will pick up points from teams around them to stay up.

Guest ThievingMagpie

Your once in a while reminder that Jozy "Dozy" Altidore is the worst striker I've ever seen in the last 10 years in the premiership. Almost Ali Dia levels of bad.

Could still cost them massively come May that early red card. Could be a couple of teams who pull away a bit during these midweek fixtures.

Their remaining away games (the first 3 are their immediate next 3 games)

Man City (A)

Arsenal (A)

Liverpool (A)

Norwich (A)

Tottenham (A)

Chelsea (A)

Man Utd (A)

Other than Everton at home, the others are relegation 6-pointers. They're hardly going to be brimming with confidence playing those games if they've had a few canings in those away fixtures. I reckon they'll go down despite the upturn in form pre-Hull fixture.

I have heard the classic 'would rather have our season, that yours' from a mackem in the past few days. 'Win both Derbys and a cup final'. If they dont win the cup final and still get relegated i wonder if he would still say the same. Runners up really means fuck all imo, and i dont see the derby as the be all and end all, of a league season.

I have heard the classic 'would rather have our season, that yours' from a mackem in the past few days. 'Win both Derbys and a cup final'. If they dont win the cup final and still get relegated i wonder if he would still say the same. Runners up really means fuck all imo, and i dont see the derby as the be all and end all, of a league season.

I would probably swap our season for theirs in all honesty. Our season is pretty dire, only highlight being the win at OT.

If they win a cup and stay up then yes I would much rather have had their season. To be honest it's only really the cup win that makes it, so long as they finish below us I'd rather have our season than theirs, unless of course they get a cup win.

If they stay up I'd much rather have their season.

Double in the derby, a final to go to, not having their best player sold and not replaced, making signings, appointing a new manager who wants to play football.

Fuck me, the only way this disaster can be resurrected for us is if they shoot themselves in the foot and go down.

For a regime who only cares about staying in the division, the only thing that matters is the derbies as it's the only joy we will ever get, and for now under Pardew we will never win another one again.

If they stay up I'd much rather have their season.

Double in the derby, a final to go to, not having their best player sold and not replaced, making signings, appointing a new manager who wants to play football.

f*** me, the only way this disaster can be resurrected for us is if they shoot themselves in the foot and go down.

For a regime who only cares about staying in the division, the only thing that matters is the derbies as it's the only joy we will ever get, and for now under Pardew we will never win another one again.

:thup:

Their full remaining league fixtures:

Man City: A

Arsenal: A

Liverpool: A

Crystal Palace: H

Norwich: A

West Ham: H

Spurs: A

Everton: H

Chelsea: A

Cardiff: H

Man Utd: A

Swansea: H

Obviously the mini run of Crystal Palace, Norwich, and West Ham is key to them staying up.