Sunderland

Nobody

He's made mistakes and he paid the price for it. At the end of the day the bloke is out there working and providing a living for him and his family, good on him. He's still earning double what I do as well.

Seriously? You're on 200 notes a week? I can't fault the bloke for getting out there and earning, especially after being on the gravy train of professional football, but that's a hell of a drop.

Aye, that's around about what you get when your on just above NMW, what's worse is that hours at work are going down as well.

One of the many reasons why I'm off to uni in September, to get a career and earn a real job with a real wage.

He's made mistakes and he paid the price for it. At the end of the day the bloke is out there working and providing a living for him and his family, good on him. He's still earning double what I do as well.

Seriously? You're on 200 notes a week? I can't fault the bloke for getting out there and earning, especially after being on the gravy train of professional football, but that's a hell of a drop.

Aye, that's around about what you get when your on just above NMW, what's worse is that hours at work are going down as well.

One of the many reasons why I'm off to uni in September, to get a career and earn a real job with a real wage.

I don't know how anyone can survive on 200 quid a week that wouldn't even cover 75% of my monthly bills

Kristan Heneage ‏@KHeneage  8m

LRT: #USMNT defender Matt Besler confirms #SAFC have made an offer for him.

As part of his decision-making process, the 27-year-old has been in constant contact with US head coach Jurgen Klinsmann in recent weeks to discuss any potential move away from Sporting KC. But Besler insisted on Wednesday he feels no real pressure to move away from his hometown club.

"Of course, [Klinsmann] wants his players to go over and try and make it and develop and eventually play for an Arsenal or a Manchester United," said Besler, who has spent his entire five-and-a-half years as a pro with Sporting KC. "But the thing to realize is he doesn't want a player to just go over to Europe and go to a team at the bottom of the standings, and you're sitting on the bench and you're not happy and you don't like the coach. He doesn't just want that.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/07/16/fulham-sunderland-show-interest-no-decision-yet-sporting-kc-matt-besler

:lol: So we're not getting any Americans, then?

I don't know how anyone can survive on 200 quid a week that wouldn't even cover 75% of my monthly bills

I live at home, it has to be done. I can't afford to sit in a pub and drink every evening. When I go out I make the most of it, but I can't do it as regular as other people. Like I said it has to be done, all I can do is try my best and work hard to get a career going, uni is what I want to do. I was asked recently what I would if uni for some reason fell through, my reply was that I'd save up and book myself in to do my HGV where you can make up to £30k-£35k a year and in other countries around the world it's classed as a skilled job.

I can't afford to live the rest of my life on these wages, but right now until I'm qualified and skilled then it's better than the £50 a week I was getting in JSA that I used to get, lys working, no mater how shit your job can be still gives you a sense of pride.

Guest chopey

Whatever field you educate yourself in try and get as many contacts as you can, I have had 5 jobs in 23 years and got them all through people I knew.

Whatever field you educate yourself in try and get as many contacts as you can, I have had 5 jobs in 23 years and got them all through people I knew.

2 of my previous jobs have been through people I know or people I know who knows someone.

I'm very tempted to work with the same company as a friend (already working with a friend now so the don't work with friends rule doesn't really apply to me), though there are a few things I would have to iron out first.

Anyway, like I said you've got to do what you've got to do. I work with people who are older than me and have things like a house to run, and in some cases a family. A lot of these people work less hours than me and like me they are unable to claim any work related benefits (not that I would claim), and I wonder how they can manage to afford it as surely their out goings would exceed mine.

He's not a real M. Besler you know.

Underappreciated :lol:

Kristan Heneage ‏@KHeneage  8m

LRT: #USMNT defender Matt Besler confirms #SAFC have made an offer for him.

As part of his decision-making process, the 27-year-old has been in constant contact with US head coach Jurgen Klinsmann in recent weeks to discuss any potential move away from Sporting KC. But Besler insisted on Wednesday he feels no real pressure to move away from his hometown club.

"Of course, [Klinsmann] wants his players to go over and try and make it and develop and eventually play for an Arsenal or a Manchester United," said Besler, who has spent his entire five-and-a-half years as a pro with Sporting KC. "But the thing to realize is he doesn't want a player to just go over to Europe and go to a team at the bottom of the standings, and you're sitting on the bench and you're not happy and you don't like the coach. He doesn't just want that.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/07/16/fulham-sunderland-show-interest-no-decision-yet-sporting-kc-matt-besler

:lol: So we're not getting any Americans, then?

God I hope not. :lol:

He's a canny player but that's way too much for him. They obviously want him and are prepared to pay it which us fair enough but £14m to, effectively, stand still is crazy. Never mind, their money.

Good player, made a mug of us a few times already. However that is a huge fee which could have bought them in 3 areas not just 1.

Heard they've struggled to attract any real quality so far, maybe the way they treated him both club and fans have gone in their favour, but I'd imagine they'll have to make a good financial offer to the player as well to get him on board.

Hes had a few fitness issues, not what you want if you are putting all your eggs in one basket. Big gamble, can't see why it'll work, it never has in the past.

I live at home, it has to be done. I can't afford to sit in a pub and drink every evening. When I go out I make the most of it, but I can't do it as regular as other people. Like I said it has to be done, all I can do is try my best and work hard to get a career going, uni is what I want to do. I was asked recently what I would if uni for some reason fell through, my reply was that I'd save up and book myself in to do my HGV where you can make up to £30k-£35k a year and in other countries around the world it's classed as a skilled job.

I can't afford to live the rest of my life on these wages, but right now until I'm qualified and skilled then it's better than the £50 a week I was getting in JSA that I used to get, lys working, no mater how shit your job can be still gives you a sense of pride.

I hate to burst your bubble but I work in transport management and manage HGV drivers and the vehicles and no drivers are earning 30-35k a year. The rates HGV class 1 drivers are getting is shite some as low as 7.50 an hour. I have a class 1 and I was earning more as a driver 14 years ago than I am as a manager now.

Good player, made a mug of us a few times already. However that is a huge fee which could have bought them in 3 areas not just 1.

Heard they've struggled to attract any real quality so far, maybe the way they treated him both club and fans have gone in their favour, but I'd imagine they'll have to make a good financial offer to the player as well to get him on board.

Hes had a few fitness issues, not what you want if you are putting all your eggs in one basket. Big gamble, can't see why it'll work, it never has in the past.

That's not a short list tbf.

Would probably say he's worth £8-10m.

Would you be happy if we bought a striker who scored 7 in 25 starts last season for 10m? Assuming that we wouldn't go get anyone else.

Not sure i would tbh.

Probably about £8m, I'd say it's alright. He's proved he can cut it in this league and would do the leg work for Cisse, which we're missing.

We've just spunked £6m on a lad a lot of our fans know very little about, who has never played in the PL and doesn't have the most impressive figures either.