Sunderland

Nobody

Guest firetotheworks

Some of the replies to his tweet are pretty grim. My first thought was poor lass, then you read some of the responses to his tweet and people wonder why rape often goes unreported.

Shit like this is just an absolute circus on there. We're not that much better tbf, but on there it's like it's all actually a joke.

It's a shame its taken an act of vile, predatory abuse to help the word 'geet' reach a national audience, but i feel this a small positive ray of light from a dark story.

:lol: It's legit one of my fave words.  Use it frequently.  Geet shan to call it radge.

50% of these collections of letters aren't actually words.

It's a shame its taken an act of vile, predatory abuse to help the word 'geet' reach a national audience, but i feel this a small positive ray of light from a dark story.

:lol: It's legit one of my fave words.  Use it frequently.  Geet shan to call it radge.

Cheers for keeping score, granda.

The barrister representing shamed footballer Adam Johnson said a teenage girl has been "seriously wronged" by his grooming of her.

Johnson is on trial at Bradford Crown Court, where he stands accused of two counts of sexual activity with a child.

Last week, the ex-SAFC winger pleaded guilty to meeting a child following grooming and one count of sexual activity with a child.

Today at the same court Orlando Pownall QC, defending Johnson, cross-examined the complainant in these charges.

He opened his questioning by saying the girl had been "wronged" by his client.

"It is accepted that you have been seriously wronged by Adam Johnson," Mr Pownall said.

"You know he has pleaded guilty to sexual activity with you and to meeting up for the purpose of sexual activity following grooming."

In questioning the girl, who is under 16 and cannot be named for legal reasons, Mr Pownall accused her of telling "untruths" and asking people who knew her to lie on her behalf.

The girl admitted that she "did not want" her friends "to say to police" about one of the sex acts alleged to have taken place between her and Johnson

She told jurors: "I was still trying to keep Adam Johnson out of trouble."

The girl broke down in tears during her evidence and continued: "At that time I didn't realise it was wrong and I didn't realise that what had gone on was wrong."

She added: "I didn't want to believe it had happened.

"I was trying to forget about it and I was trying to still live normally."

In evidence, the girl told jurors she asked her friends to lie to police to "protect somebody else" not herself.

Under oath, the girl also admitted that she "consciously lied" to police regarding the whereabouts of a phone she was using while hers was examined by officers.

Her own phone was taken so WhatsApp messages between she and Johnson, of Castle Eden, County Durham, could be downloaded.

The girl was given another phone to use by a family member, for which she bought a SIM card - but when police asked for the phone, the girl asked her family member to lie and say it had been returned.

Mr Pownall also accused the girl of asking her friends to delete messages from their own phones which went into details of what happened between her and the footballer.

The girl said she "could not remember" specifically asking her friends to wipe their phones.

Some of the replies to his tweet are pretty grim. My first thought was poor lass, then you read some of the responses to his tweet and people wonder why rape often goes unreported.

s*** like this is just an absolute circus on there. We're not that much better tbf, but on there it's like it's all actually a joke.

I admit that this demands a bit of morbid fascination to follow, but it seems to serve as a gateway for mindless fools to spout bile & ill informed opinions on.

You wonder what kind of upbringing some people have had when you read what they consider to be "ok" to say.

I just wonder (making a massive assumption), if he's tried to bag himself this young lass who could be from a more working class background lets say, with a view to trying to groom her and keep her gob shut in the process? I guess we may get an idea at the end of the trial - if true though - proper predatory behaviour.

Think you're giving him too much credit. He's a fucking idiot.

:lol: usually I'd find stuff like that cringey but he must be absolutely devastated. What can he do, man? He's clamped himself.

Isn't that just the audio from the ManU fans on the bus video overlayed onto him arriving. That's the same song and they sound Manc (ish?)

Aye

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=geet

Surprised at the amount of definitions for geet in there. I've pretty much only ever used it as a synonym for "very".

Nah it's versatile.

Edit - actually no, I don't use it in any of those contexts except very, apart from it can be used on its own in some cases in a way that doesn't really mean very.

Cheers for keeping score, granda.

:D Wrong again, becoming a bit of a habit!

I don't understand what the fuss is either.

I often use the term geet big when describing something rather large.

[emoji38] It's legit one of my fave words.  Use it frequently.  Geet shan to call it radge.

I don't understand what the fuss is either.

I often use the term geet big when describing something rather large.

Me too, man. Stay strong :thup: