Sunderland

Nobody

Guest firetotheworks

There's absolutely no way that they'll use words amounting to 'she agreed to it' when it's an underage sex case man. Howeh.

Will be interesting to see what the defence comes up with.

Would they try and make it out that she was just as willing as him and therefore the other two charges won't be true?

I very much doubt they'd use that defense like. :lol: It would be total speculation, but possibly the proof in those texts only shows that 'something' happened and he's claimed that it's a kiss.

I assume the defence will be 'he didn't do, there's no evidence to prove he did'.

Would they try and make it out that she was just as willing as him and therefore the other two charges won't be true?

I very much doubt they'd use that defense like. :lol: It would be total speculation, but possibly the proof in those texts only shows that 'something' happened and he's claimed that it's a kiss.

I assume the defence will be 'he didn't do, there's no evidence to prove he did'.

Exactly, he's only admitted to meeting her and kissing her because there's solid proof in the text messages, anything else is pure conjecture you'd think?

The defence will be more manipulative towards the girl.

'You admired him, and when you met up with him you were hoping for more than a kiss and the defendant didn't go further than that did he? Because he never went further you felt hurt by him and you wanted to hurt him like he hurt you by saying these things to get him into trouble, didn't you?'

Stuff like that. It's pretty hard in cases like this where there is plenty of evidence to suggest it did happen, then defense will be aiming to get a degree of doubt into the minds of the jury at the expense of the girl. She has already said that she admired him, is a big fan, and never wanted to tell anyone about it, so they will just play on that hoping she turns her back on the claims.

But if it was a different charge (rape) would that not have been set out from the beginning?

Aye they cannot charge him for rape now, but it reads like he's deffinitely sexually assaulted her. I'm assuming it's just harder to prove so they never pushed for it.

Where's the N-O lawyer squadron at?

Sexual activity with a child are the two outstanding charges. There is an element of coercion but the evidence suggests she was reluctantly consenting rather than refusing. If you think of sexual activity with a child as statutory rape then it makes more sense.

When is there ever solid evidence/proof in cases like this that were reported a while after the incident happened though, and it's just person x's word vs person y? People still get sent down regardless

The defence will be more manipulative towards the girl.

'You admired him, and when you met up with him you were hoping for more than a kiss and the defendant didn't go further than that did he? Because he never went further you felt hurt by him and you wanted to hurt him like he hurt you by saying these things to get him into trouble, didn't you?'

Stuff like that. It's pretty hard in cases like this where there is plenty of evidence to suggest it did happen, then defense will be aiming to get a degree of doubt into the minds of the jury at the expense of the girl. She has already said that she admired him, is a big fan, and never wanted to tell anyone about it, so they will just play on that hoping she turns her back on the claims.

You'd think that being a minor they won't be allowed to cross examine her directly, however they can bring her statement into question and put an element of doubt in the juries mind with those questions.

I'm not a lawyer but doesn't the "age of consent" mean that someone under that age cannot give consent. They cannot be "willing", no matter how the defence tries to spin it.

As Shay's Given Tim Flowers says its automatically treated as rape/sexual assault because anything that may resemble consent is invalid. The only defence is to claim nothing sexual happened.

But if it was a different charge (rape) would that not have been set out from the beginning?

Aye they cannot charge him for rape now, but it reads like he's deffinitely sexually assaulted her. I'm assuming it's just harder to prove so they never pushed for it.

Sexual activity with a child are the two outstanding charges. There is an element of coercion but the evidence suggests she was reluctantly consenting rather than refusing. If you think of sexual activity with a child as statutory rape then it makes more sense.

I guess the defence will be that the only proof (unless it changes) is her word versus his?

I guess the defence will be that the only proof (unless it changes) is her word versus his?

She might be able to describe his penis, not geet straight, not geet pink, not geet tasty. Cue the court artist.

She might be able to describe his penis, not geet straight, not geet pink, not geet tasty. Cue the court artist.

FFS :lol: