Sunderland

Nobody

Guest neesy111

Getting a head of ourselves again I think

Yup. People confidently predicting a win last year and we got dicked. I will take a point as I always would in a derby tbh

Really don't understand this mentality..... they are s*** and only have one point all season i wouldn't accept anything less than 3 points.

If i'm getting ahead of myself then so be it but we really shouldn't be accepting a point against this lot.

Spot on. Anything less than 3 points is an utter disgrace.

What a stupid comment.  The form book goes out of the window in a derby game.

Yup. People confidently predicting a win last year and we got dicked. I will take a point as I always would in a derby tbh

Really don't understand this mentality..... they are s*** and only have one point all season i wouldn't accept anything less than 3 points.

If i'm getting ahead of myself then so be it but we really shouldn't be accepting a point against this lot.

People always say this but when we had a good side and they were struggling, we beat them almost every time we met. Fair enough the poorer side might be up for it and battle harder than normal but at the end of the day the better team normally wins the derby just like any other football game.

:lol: Yeah, my comment was stupid. "Form book," get real.

Is it me or did Poyet look utterly downtrodden during his post-match comments yesterday?

I'd have thought after his first game he'd be trying to look for positives.  Instead he seemed utterly disheartened.

I said this to the old man whilst watching MOTD last night. He already seemed as if he was resigned to going down, it was kind of a 'can't polish a turd' attitude.

Is it me or did Poyet look utterly downtrodden during his post-match comments yesterday?

I'd have thought after his first game he'd be trying to look for positives.  Instead he seemed utterly disheartened.

well that was supposed to be his honeymoon period.

He probably needed a really big shit, and was trying to hold it in. Always makes me pull funny faces.

Either that or the realisation that he should have stayed on the pundits sofa for a little longer.

I thought Deuce was taking the piss tbh.

Yes they're shit and yes we were good yesterday but we're still away from home and games like this can easily go either way irrespective of form. We probably should win, but I'd definitely settle for a draw. After the last derby I can't believe anyone would take anything for granted.

Only won once under Pardew against the Mackems - our record hasn't been the greatest since he took over.

In that respect, and their shittiness, we should really be winning. The fact it's a derby and we're away from home, makes me happy to take a point now.

I thought Deuce was taking the piss tbh.

Yes they're shit and yes we were good yesterday but we're still away from home and games like this can easily go either way irrespective of form. We probably should win, but I'd definitely settle for a draw. After the last derby I can't believe anyone would take anything for granted.

:thup:

Guest Haris Vuckic

Gifting the mackems points will be as bad as when we gifted Derby points under Allardyce or Reading under Pardew.

If we get the first - they'll collapse. They've missed their regular new manager bounce & I'm fairly sure mentally they'll be shot. I can't see them staying up and I think the players know it - and so does the manager.

Gifting the mackems points will be as bad as when we gifted Derby points under Allardyce or Reading under Pardew.

If we get the first - they'll collapse. They've missed their regular new manager bounce & I'm fairly sure mentally they'll be shot. I can't see them staying up and I think the players know it - and so does the manager.

Bit harsh after one away game. :lol:

If he can't get them up for their first home match being a derby then there truly is no hope for them.

Does the derby really mean anything to their players, save guys like Bardsley or Cattermole who've been around the block? I know that's a criticism leveled at many of our own players. How much extra motivation will the likes of Celustka or Giaccherini really have outside of their desire to get a much-needed point at home?

Guest Haris Vuckic

Bit harsh after one away game. :lol:

If he can't get them up for their first home match being a derby then there truly is no hope for them.

It probably is a little harsh yes. :lol:

They weren't too bad against Swansea in the first half but tailed off towards the end as Swansea were just too good for them. In the second - as soon as that goal went in they totally collapsed. They've had matches where they've looked decent enough but still come away with nothing.

So they have spells but as soon as that bad bit of luck crops up or somebody makes a mistake they seem to deflate.

I'm not sure Poyet is the man to instil that belief. I hope we go for the throat :thup:

I thought Deuce was taking the p*ss tbh.

Yes they're s*** and yes we were good yesterday but we're still away from home and games like this can easily go either way irrespective of form. We probably should win, but I'd definitely settle for a draw. After the last derby I can't believe anyone would take anything for granted.

Not taking anything for granted.... but settling for a draw when we have Spurs and Chelsea up next is not something i'd be willing to do.

We would find ourselves in a relegation battle very quickly, i'm not prepared to do that we need to win to give ourselves some breathing space.

There is no reason at all that we should be "settling" for a draw against a team which has 1 point from 8 games while scoring 5 and conceding 20.

Last season doesn't come into it for me, although i'm still embarrassed and disgusted by that day..... we should be beating them and not accepting anything less because they are beyond s***.

I would just go and attack them, throw our best at them. get thier crowd scared, moaning undermining thier own players.

If we do that and they can withstand and turn form around and beat us, fair play still think they will go down. but we may as well have a right go at them, theres nothing to lose for us at this stage of the season.

Usual concerns ahead of this fixture - namely that cattermole is likely to try to injure one or more of our better players, which could mean them missing subsequent matches and leaving us weaker in those games.  There isnt another player around who does this so blatantly, imo

Guest Haris Vuckic

Aye - it's the way he does it though. As quickly as possible from kick off so he wont see red.

Needs to be brought up with the officials before the game tbh.

Agreed. Every single time ffs.