Sunderland

Nobody

Despite them being in total disarray, us looking like we're in quite decent shape and our players being so much better than theirs, I will gladly sign up to the "happy with a point" brigade.

so would I tbh. doesnt stop thier predicament today being funny.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Thankfully we don't have Benfica three days before this like last year so should be in a lot better shape

Aye we were knacked but the scoreline flattered them. We'd have won if Cisse's onside goal had stood. I think their third was offside.

But there's no excuse for letting Johnson shoot on his left - how often has he done that to us?

Cut inside, shoot, score.

Getting a head of ourselves again I think

Yup. People confidently predicting a win last year and we got dicked. I will take a point as I always would in a derby tbh

You'd take a point for every derby?  :idiot2:

Yup. You don't get beat. Obvs I'd like to win it, but I absolutely hate derby day. I'm a bag if nerves now and it's a week away. For me, our league position is paramount. A point in a derby is fine. It's their cup final, not ours

Aye i'd take a point away from home, however would be criminal to accept a point at home to them.

Altidore getting dogs abuse on Twitter from the mackems at the moment.

Let's hope his mam isn't on twitter, or it could be Darren Bent all over again.

It's all academic anyway, as the offending tweeters are all, of course.......(drum roll)....Mags!

Good chance some are mags

highlighting it will only alert the Mag wums to his account anyway

Could they be Mags pretending to be Sunderland fans

Mags one and all

;D ;D

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/sunderland-fans-who-are-tweeting-altidore-shit.825342/page-3

Guest Haris Vuckic

We need to do them basically. Twice - equilibrium must be restored.

"Right now I need two positives - one to cancel out the negative, and one.... just so I've got a positive"

:thup:

Stick that on the dressing room wall.

Yup. People confidently predicting a win last year and we got dicked. I will take a point as I always would in a derby tbh

Really don't understand this mentality..... they are s*** and only have one point all season i wouldn't accept anything less than 3 points.

If i'm getting ahead of myself then so be it but we really shouldn't be accepting a point against this lot.

Really don't understand this mentality..... they are s*** and only have one point all season i wouldn't accept anything less than 3 points.

If i'm getting ahead of myself then so be it but we really shouldn't be accepting a point against this lot.

You won't accept it? What will you do if we don't win like  :lol:

You won't accept it? What will you do if we don't win like  :lol:

Spot on. Anything less than 3 points is an utter disgrace.

A disgrace is probably a bit of an exaggeration :lol:

But honestly, if we approach it right and let the football do the talking we should be bringing back all 3 points. Should. 

Yeah I don't agree with the "take a draw for every derby because it means you don't lose" If that was the case then you would miss out on all those great days like the 5:1.

Sure occasionally you have to take the good with the bad and you may once in a while get a horrible day like last season but surely it's worth it for the joy of when we beat them.

Plus if you look at recent history, I'm always far more confident we will beat them than they will beat us and would see a draw as minimum for home games and see it as a decent result for away games against them.

Last year we were just a mess and they caught us on a day where we seemed to be hungover from being dumped out of Europe. Our lot weren't up for it, Sunderland were with their new manager giving them a boost and not to mention we had a perfect goal ruled out to make it 1-1 and they basically scored with each shot they had.

The chances of lots of factors like that all conspiring against us again are slim in my opinion. Also think were a stronger side this year.

If it wasnt a derby match, with all the added pressures that go with it, i would expect us to beat this lot comfortably every match. I expect us to win but it will be a close contest and i hope the referee gets the big decisions right.

:lol: Hadaway man. An away draw in a derby is never an utter disgrace.

If we turn up we should win like.