Sunderland

Nobody

8 goals and dropped by November. ;)

:lol: I can see Jozy scoring a hat trick, but I can't see us scoring 4 in a game. But I want IP to know where my loyalties lie. I'm a Newcastle fan by choice, and I'm going to stick with the club through thick and thin.

Question for Moke and the other traitors:

Would you rather we beat Sunderland 4-0 or beat them 4-3 and Altidore got a hatrick?

:lol: I'd rather we won 4-0, because it would be crazy to see us score four goals in 90 minutes.

Eh, we'd score 4 goals in both of those scenarios. :lol:

Question for Moke and the other traitors:

Would you rather we beat Sunderland 4-0 or beat them 4-3 and Altidore got a hatrick?

:lol: I'd rather we won 4-0, because it would be crazy to see us score four goals in 90 minutes.

Eh, we'd score 4 goals in both of those scenarios. :lol:

:lol: Yeah, I can't get past you thinking we can score 4 goals, but I felt like coming in like "Let me get that 4-3! :yao: " would have exposed me to your wrath, so I went safe, with a sly mention that the sun is blue in your fantasy world.

:lol: at this thread. It's just a different attitude over there towards their own players, and patriotism in general. I'm not sure why people are getting so bent out of shape about it. I hate sunderland with every part of their being, I'd like to see them out of business, club torched to the ground, but you can't really expect and american fan to feel the same way.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what's so shocking about this concept. Y'all would feign outrage if I was like, "Hahah yeeaaah fuckin' Mackem scum, go back to your craphole city. Look at me, I'm so Geordie." Because I'm not from Newcastle and never will be. I'll not pretend I'm something I'm not.

At the end of the day, it's a sports team. I follow Newcastle with all the fervor I do the other teams I follow. But it's not life or death for me, nor do I have some deep-seated hatred for a club/city/people that mean nothing to me. I respect the rivalry and don't want them to succeed, that should be sufficient.

If that doesn't make me a true fan of the club, whatever. I'm gonna stick around here and I don't really need vindication.

:lol: Well no, but your reasoning is wooly at best.  You're basically saying 4-3 but you want to pretend 4-0 so that the question goes away.

:lol: I do want 4-3. But I want 4-3 in the same way a company hires like a hacker to show them their security flaws. We win, and the American shows us where we need to improve. I feel like that's win-win, but I don't know how to sell it to you, so I picked " :yao: 4-0 "

:lol: at this thread. It's just a different attitude over there towards their own players, and patriotism in general. I'm not sure why people are getting so bent out of shape about it. I hate sunderland with every part of their being, I'd like to see them out of business, club torched to the ground, but you can't really expect and american fan to feel the same way.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what's so shocking about this concept. Y'all would feign outrage if I was like, "Hahah yeeaaah fuckin' Mackem scum, go back to your craphole city. Look at me, I'm so Geordie." Because I'm not from Newcastle and never will be. I'll not pretend I'm something I'm not.

At the end of the day, it's a sports team. I follow Newcastle with all the fervor I do the other teams I follow. But it's not life or death for me, nor do I have some deep-seated hatred for a club/city/people that mean nothing to me. I respect the rivalry and don't want them to succeed, that should be sufficient.

If that doesn't make me a true fan of the club, whatever. I'm gonna stick around here and I don't really need vindication.

I don't find it shocking, its a diff mentality, plus factor in A) your not from newcastle b) you're american and its fairly easy to understand.  I hate sunderland and always will, its in my DNA and I can't change that. It's not the same for all people though. You made a conscious choice to support us (unlucky  :lol:) and the growth of American football will mean something to you. However I WILL draw the line at wanting him to score against us!!

Yeah sorry that post wasn't directed at you. I think we're on the same page. :thup:

The yanks on this board havent got a clue like. sorry.

I know exactly what's going on, thank you very much.

My fellow American posters on here are entitled to their own opinion when it comes to someone like Jozy playing for Sunderland - we're all Newcastle United supporters and want what is best for our club.  Seriously, of all places our main striker for USA has to go, he goes to Sunderland and playing for PDC. You couldn't get any worse than that in a World Cup year when he's off the back of his best league form, and he's finally doing the business for the national side. Its a shit dilemma overall.

The yanks on this board havent got a clue like. sorry.

:lol: What a shit post. Not sure how anyone is surprised people who grew up in different sporting cultures and don't share the same history as you could approach a situation differently.

Mike, are you hoping to win the world cup?  :iamatwat:

:lol: Hell yeah I'm hoping to win the shit, what's the point otherwise? Will we? More than likely not, but I'm not going into it cheering for some other nation.

Mike, are you hoping to win the world cup?  :iamatwat:

:lol: Hell yeah I'm hoping to win the shit, what's the point otherwise? Will we? More than likely not, but I'm not going into it cheering for some other nation.

:papiss:

English people laughing at you for having ambition. I dey laugh. I respect America because we are similar. Why should we not win the cup? It will be exciting in 2014 when England stumbles its way to the knockout stages, people will falling over themselves to support the team, then falling over themselves to distance themselves from it when they lose.