Sunderland

Nobody

Soccer Saturday panel tipping these to stay up.

Hopefully the equivalent of a managerial 'vote of confidence'.

RTG has a very particular way of dealing with predictions, and if you in any way disagree then you are inevitably a mag....

Pundit 'X' tips safc to win/stay up:

"Always liked him, a great pundit", "One of the few who knows what he's talking about", "Good to see an actual expert on these things for once"

Pundit 'Y' tips safc to lose/go down

"Typical, he's never liked us", "A sh*t player and an even worse pundit", "looks like (Y) is back on the booze again", "what an absolute ars*hole that man is", "Well known Mag sympathiser"

Ad infinitum.

:lol: :lol:  So f***ing true man.

I've seen, "I reckon they'll stay up easily" = He's trying to jinx us, clearly want us relegated marra  :iamatwat:

As sad as I am and realising it's a waste of time, I have just for the first time in my life emailed a radio station. I wont get a reply but I felt a bit better for writing it:

The attendance at the Sunderland v Chelsea cup quarter final was poor and certainly worthy of comment on your show during the week. I must say though that Sunderland supporters do get a raw deal in general and in my view they have support that is just about incomparable.

Sunderland as a football club aren’t just underachievers it is much, much more than that. Sunderland have won one domestic trophy in 77 years, there are other well supported clubs with similar records but in modern history SAFC don’t even compete as a decent top level club. They have had 3 top 10 finishes in more than half a century they have never in their history qualified for Europe through a league position, spent a significant period of their modern history in the second division and even a season in the third. They have suffered 15 point and 19 point seasons in the premiership and are currently bottom of the league again.

Is there another club in British football that has pulled in over 40,000 fans regularly with comparable history? Instantly comparisons with our neighbours come into play. Newcastle United also have magnificent supporters but I do recall them having a crowd as low as 19,000 for a televised cup tie with Spurs in the recent past and of course NUFC are a club that may not have won trophies they have qualified for the champions league, beaten the likes of Barcelona and Juventus, reached the latter stages of the UEFA cup, boasted world class players like Shearer, Asprilla, Albert, Ginola, Beardsley, Gascoigne, Owen and Micky Quinn (wink) all in the fairly recent past. Our greatest players in the last 50 years have probably been Niall Quinn and Kevin Phillips with a notable shout for a bunch of second division players that won the cup – there really is no comparison. This season Sunderland are averaging more through the gate than AC Milan and Juventus. Their support in terms of numbers is always right up there with the best in the premiership. So I agree by all means ridicule a Sunderland cup attendance but perhaps on occasions they should be given credit for having the most wonderful support given the most trying of circumstances.

:lol::lol::lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Just seen the 'Outrage for the red?' thread they have. Only in mordor can they have such widely conflicting opinions for a red card :lol:

As sad as I am and realising it's a waste of time, I have just for the first time in my life emailed a radio station. I wont get a reply but I felt a bit better for writing it:

The attendance at the Sunderland v Chelsea cup quarter final was poor and certainly worthy of comment on your show during the week. I must say though that Sunderland supporters do get a raw deal in general and in my view they have support that is just about incomparable.

Sunderland as a football club aren’t just underachievers it is much, much more than that. Sunderland have won one domestic trophy in 77 years, there are other well supported clubs with similar records but in modern history SAFC don’t even compete as a decent top level club. They have had 3 top 10 finishes in more than half a century they have never in their history qualified for Europe through a league position, spent a significant period of their modern history in the second division and even a season in the third. They have suffered 15 point and 19 point seasons in the premiership and are currently bottom of the league again.

Is there another club in British football that has pulled in over 40,000 fans regularly with comparable history? Instantly comparisons with our neighbours come into play. Newcastle United also have magnificent supporters but I do recall them having a crowd as low as 19,000 for a televised cup tie with Spurs in the recent past and of course NUFC are a club that may not have won trophies they have qualified for the champions league, beaten the likes of Barcelona and Juventus, reached the latter stages of the UEFA cup, boasted world class players like Shearer, Asprilla, Albert, Ginola, Beardsley, Gascoigne, Owen and Micky Quinn (wink) all in the fairly recent past. Our greatest players in the last 50 years have probably been Niall Quinn and Kevin Phillips with a notable shout for a bunch of second division players that won the cup – there really is no comparison. This season Sunderland are averaging more through the gate than AC Milan and Juventus. Their support in terms of numbers is always right up there with the best in the premiership. So I agree by all means ridicule a Sunderland cup attendance but perhaps on occasions they should be given credit for having the most wonderful support given the most trying of circumstances.

Sad bastard

Just heard their commentary on BBC Newcastle.  Nick Barnes missed Brown's tackle, but unsurprisingly Gary Bennett says he won the ball.

How the fuck do you miss it when it's your job to commentate on what is happening on the pitch?

Sad bastard

"Look, I know it was a cup quarter final, but here marra, this one time, the Mags didn't turn up out of protest agains Spurs in the 3rd round. The mag kernts only had 19,000 - that is the real story here"

Guest firetotheworks

To have that much of the email about us is ridiculously sad like. Utterly pathetic some of them.

Guest firetotheworks

Still restraining myself from celebrating their demise but oh my god, I'd f***ing love it if they went down :lol:

Only if we destroy them at St James' this season.

What happened to Cabral?  Remember one of the spam hampers raving about him to me (obviously before he'd actually seen him play).

A weird one, sure he was MOTM in one of their early games, then fell out with Di Canio  :dontknow: