Sunderland

Nobody

How long do we give this one marra's?

No apostrophe needed there mate

Good evening marra, I trust the 0-3 scoreline has assisted in maintaining absurd levels of hubris in Funkytown - perhaps your beloved club may even attain that top six finish which has proved so elusive since the cinematic release of 'Rebel Without A Cause'.

I wonder if loveable Craig has deigned to mention in his book that he once kicked a young female student in the face? With regard to the Wearside collective, let's not forget that Peter Reid was showered with abuse and warm lager despite leading SAFC to their highest league finish for over 40 years, or those witty chants of 'He's nearly dead' in relation to Bobby Robson. A lot of them will deny it now but it's the truth.

I don't think anyone pretends Peter Reid wasn't abused at the end, in fact I know nobody does. There was a thread discussing it just last week on RTG. He's never made out to be some sort of old sweet, grandfather/demi-God of our club either. He's pretty much roundly thought of as a bloke who gave us our best times in decades (not hard LOL) by being half decent but who essentially did so with a lot of luck/flukes. His incompetence in certain areas then dismantled it all. He was then turned on after a 17th placed finish.

This is not really the case with NUFC fans who never ever seem to acknowledge that they hounded Robson out of SJP, it wasn't a mavericks decision by Shepherd and co. He was spat on in the late 80s as well for not picking Keegan.

I can't remember the "He's nearly dead" chants about SBR at the SOL but I do remember the ones about him wetting himself and spending Saturday's, er, doing something. Joined in as well I did at the time  :undecided:.

Football fans in distasteful shocker. It's not really a big shock.

The key is, that it's admitted in theses instance (SAFC-Reid and SAFC-Robson), it isn't admitted on the Newcastle-Robson issue, he's made out as a universally liked, neigh, loved and worshipped hero on Tyneside and that this was always the case. Aside from the general feeling the club supposedly, have always had for the bloke being overegged, his actual success seems to be exaggerated by the same people, he is talked about as if he was hugely successful rather than moderately so. Smacks of trying to get good PR for the "geordie nashun" on the back of SBRs incredibly good name (which he has on merit may I add, top bloke).

EDIT: This sounds like I'm having a go at Robson. I am not, I think he was a brilliant manager and a brilliant person. Great ambassador for the North East too. I am just trying to point out that it is rarely publicised and almost never admitted by the perpetrators that he was abused by some NUFC fans at the end. Whereas I think most SAFC fans would admit Reid was hounded out (probably rightly tbf, unlike Robson) and that distasteful songs were sung about SBR at the SOL while he was NUFC manager (par for the course tbf)

Bottom Line: It's the lack of admittance that at one time or another you (individuals/collective) didn't treat the bloke how he deserved to be treated. PR Reasons? It works tbf, this issue is never brought up in the media when they talk about him in a Newcastle-fans-opinion context.

Oh look, you baited me and got a bite HAHAHAHAHA

Not one to be pedantic but we didn't hound out Sir Bobby, there were rumblings of discontent sure but not hounding out level and it wasn't late 80s when he was spat on. More 82/83 time.

Some people thinking it was time for Robson to move on = HOUNDED OUT MARRA.

The players cost him his job, if the fans did he wouldn't have made it through the summer, which would have been the correct time to let him go.

Think I should maybe avoid this thread  :lol:

Avoid the forum. You clearly don't have any respect for us so why bother? Maybe you are sick of the inbred conversations on rtg, and I don't blame you, but coming here isn't the answer.

Guest SJV03

Avoid the forum. You clearly don't have any respect for us so why bother? Maybe you are sick of the inbred conversations on rtg, and I don't blame you, but coming here isn't the answer.

Because I didn't toe the forum line?  :lol:

Surely this place is for debate and conversation?

From your opening post 'I hate and detest Nufc' (the feeling is mutual but i dont go on rtg trying to be a clever shite) there is no debate to be had with you.

Look you've come on like HIV but we all know its a matter of time before you come full blown aids, so just do us all a favour bypass the shite and go straight to delete account.

It's funny. Your first posts are inflammatory towards us and yet you're surprised when you're not made to feel welcome :lol:

I can't remember the "He's nearly dead" chants about SBR at the SOL but I do remember the ones about him wetting himself and spending Saturday's, er, doing something. Joined in as well I did at the time  :undecided:.

You can fuck off.

I'm agreeing with Toon's Taylor, in the football section. I hope you're happy.

It certainly is, ask hithere...who seems to be a sensible mackem who can debate without letting the whole geordie v mackem s**** consume his posts.

You've been here a day and it's already about spitting on Robson, 'hounding him out' etc. 

Try hard to keep civil though, we need a mackem perspective on here from time to time. Thing is, pretty much all the mackems who've been on here haven't lasted any time at all, so we tar them all with the same brush. I've met a few decent mackems in my time but the other 95% have been pure idiots.

Be constructive, discuss intelligently and you'll be welcome. None of this adding ftm on the end of everything, it's so embarrassing.

Are all their supporters this wanky ?

Dunno. My recollections are that, although the "enemy", they were generally a decent bunch who endured their plight with a resigned kind of humour and grudgingly accepted that they were of no real interest to anyone outside the NE.

I think when their attendances doubled/trebled overnight, after the SoL was developed, those old timers were overwhelmed by a new generation of idiots who seem to have a huge chip on their shoulders about life in general and Newcastle in particular and many of the old timers just gave up on them.

Are all their supporters this wanky ?

Dunno. My recollections are that, although the "enemy", they were generally a decent bunch who endured their plight with a resigned kind of humour and grudgingly accepted that they were of no real interest to anyone outside the NE.

I think when their attendances doubled/trebled overnight, after the SoL was developed, those old timers were overwhelmed by a new generation of idiots who seem to have a huge chip on their shoulders about life in general and Newcastle in particular and many of the old timers just gave up on them.

This x1000.

i think you fuckers need to give these mackems a break going forwards, like you'd give a break to a foreigner who comes on for the first time struggling with the language and making a twat of things...it should be our human duty to educate them and show them the error of their ways (such as you don't openly admit to taking the piss out of SBR or anyone else when he was dying of cancer as it's not considered socially acceptable), that takes time and a great deal of patience

if we don't help them, they'll never change

when the next one rolls up, instead of immediately wondering how long he lasts before leaving, let's try and make him stay for ages and crowbar some humanity into him :thup:

What an odd character. Seemed to be able to put in some fairly reasoned debate, and at the same time said stuff like "well I sang about Sir Bobby's death" and expects people not to give him a particularly hard time. :lol: