Sunderland

Nobody

I see Wimbledon have been docked 3 points for fielding an ineligible player today. Surely these lot should get the same punishment?

Hasn't our punishment already been decided months ago though?

Surely they can't punish us twice?

I see Wimbledon have been docked 3 points for fielding an ineligible player today. Surely these lot should get the same punishment?

I would imagine Wimbledon would have an excellent case if they took this to Court. Then those in charge would have to alter one of the punishments I would think.

Yeah i'm pretty sure that's right.

It can't find anything about why the Wimbledon player was ineligible but i'm guessing it's different to the Sunderland case which was just an admin error.

What was the punishment though?

What was the punishment though?

We were fined iirc

Guest Roger Kint

Can't see why this would affect Sunderland in any way.

Because everyone else doing that have been docked points.

The rule with international registration clearly states only a fine is paid as the player is effectively registered already in the normal sense iirc(its posted in this thread a few pages back). The rule they broke wasnt the same as other cases that were docked points.

Can't see why this would affect Sunderland in any way.

Because everyone else doing that have been docked points.

The rule with international registration clearly states only a fine is paid as the player is effectively registered already in the normal sense iirc(its posted in this thread a few pages back). The rule they broke wasnt the same as other cases that were docked points.

I think the rule says that may be sufficient punishment at the discretion of the authorities to be fair. I can see why the club that goes down at their expense (if it happens) will make a case of it, especially as it has been swept under the carpet by both the FA and the club until recently.

I think it's also to do with one being a PL club and one being a FL club. On paper the two organisations have different and separate rules and regulations. In practice, the FL has in the past docked points for fielding ineligible players and applies this consistently. On the other hand after the West Ham fiasco in 2007 I don't see how the PL will ever be able to dock points for fielding ineligible players, especially in this case with it being a much less serious offence.

Guest Roger Kint
6.9 PLAYING AN INELIGIBLE PLAYER

Any Club found to have played an ineligible Player in a match shall have any

points gained from that match deducted from its record and have levied upon it a

fine. The Company may vary this decision in respect of the points gained only in

circumstances where the ineligibility is due to the failure to obtain an International

Transfer Certificate or where the ineligibility is related to the Player‟s status only.

The Board may also order that such match be replayed on such terms as are

decided by the Board which may also levy penalty points against the Club in

default.

Yeah i'm pretty sure that's right.

It can't find anything about why the Wimbledon player was ineligible but i'm guessing it's different to the Sunderland case which was just an admin error.

Player didn't want to admit playing for that lot?

Guest Roger Kint

Plenty of mackems on FB claiming a victory last night. Sad desperate wankers will cling on to anything wont they?  :idiot2:

Guest Roger Kint

Plenty of mackems on FB claiming a victory last night. Sad desperate wankers will cling on to anything wont they?  :idiot2:

huh?  don't tell me it's because atletico won :lol:

:lol: yeah. Some right sad pricks around, imagine if we started living off the back of Juve...

huh?  don't tell me it's because atletico won :lol:

:lol: yeah. Some right sad pricks around, imagine if we started living off the back of Juve...

that'd be just like us though, displaying our glory-hunting to the max and also our lack of class for shadowing the most corrupt club in the world

fuck me man, they're a different form of life