Sunderland

Nobody

I have no doubts they will take the points off us next season, that being said we will still finish above them.

No we won't.

We will. We get this nonsense every time they get a new manager (even with 'absolutely nailed on to fail Di Canio' which many were lauding Short for at least making a change) but we can always count on them.

Even if we keep Pardew and obviously Ashley isn't fucking off any time soon we will finish above them.

They'll likely be down in the relegation fight next year but it'll never look as 'nailed on' as 3 weeks ago. But they're a poor team, losing their best players back to their parent clubs. It all comes down to who Poyet can buy but, even when they bought an Italian international, it didn't work out.

Sunderland will be more than 3 points safe anyway, it's immaterial unless the PL are going to dock them more.  The PL have acted within the rules laid out for what was a small administrative error anyway.

they're supposed to forfeit any points gained (1) and then the docking of points seems to be a discretion thing, but there's precedent all over the place for docking of points tbf...the rules say ineligible, doesn't state anything about the level of acceptable administrative error

most likely they'll apply the 1 point if at all

apparently the clubs are kicking up about why it was all kept a secret etc. too

6.9 PLAYING AN INELIGIBLE PLAYER

Any Club found to have played an ineligible Player in a match shall have any

points gained from that match deducted from its record and have levied upon it a

fine. The Company may vary this decision in respect of the points gained only in

circumstances where the ineligibility is due to the failure to obtain an International

Transfer Certificate or where the ineligibility is related to the Player‟s status only.

The Board may also order that such match be replayed on such terms as are

decided by the Board which may also levy penalty points against the Club in

default.

This exact circumstance is explicitly stated as an exception in the rules.  The PL have done nothing wrong in the application of the rules as far as I can see.  How the FL decides to deal with their cases is neither here nor there, the only precedent we have from this particular governing body is West Ham and Tevez (?) in which case a fine was levied.

6.9 PLAYING AN INELIGIBLE PLAYER

Any Club found to have played an ineligible Player in a match shall have any

points gained from that match deducted from its record and have levied upon it a

fine. The Company may vary this decision in respect of the points gained only in

circumstances where the ineligibility is due to the failure to obtain an International

Transfer Certificate or where the ineligibility is related to the Player‟s status only.

The Board may also order that such match be replayed on such terms as are

decided by the Board which may also levy penalty points against the Club in

default.

This exact circumstance is explicitly stated as an exception in the rules.  The PL have done nothing wrong in the application of the rules as far as I can see.  How the FL decides to deal with their cases is neither here nor there, the only precedent we have from this particular governing body is West Ham and Tevez (?) in which case a fine was levied.

i think highly paid solicitors will have a field day with that tbh

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/03/sunderland-face-legal-fight-points-deduction

Theyll be fine next year. They have a decent manager and most of the dead wood is out of contract. If they actually recruit well for once, theyll be comfortably mid table. Unlike us :(

We need our own version of the makem boom-bust cycle which has NUFC fans saying "They'll be class with new manager X next season".

With all the giddiness of surviving the relegation struggle again, I think we've all forgotten the real issue of the year...Where's the North East Top Dogs trophy? Don't tell me it only exists on the occasions when safc finish first, what a rip-off that would be.

Or has it been issued on the basis of 0-3 and wembo. To be honest I can't remember the criteria....

With all the giddiness of surviving the relegation struggle again, I think we've all forgotten the real issue of the year...Where's the North East Top Dogs trophy? Don't tell me it only exists on the occasions when safc finish first, what a rip-off that would be.

Or has it been issued on the basis of 0-3 and wembo. To be honest I can't remember the criteria....

Judged on cup runs this year marra.

Reasonable chance that when all is said and done, we'll only finish 8 points and a few positions above this lot. :neutral:

So essentially, what you're saying is....we're NORTH EAST TOP DOGS! GERRIN MARRA!!!!!11!!11lol!

Reasonable chance that when all is said and done, we'll only finish 8 points and a few positions above this lot. :neutral:

So essentially, what you're saying is....we're NORTH EAST TOP DOGS! GERRIN MARRA!!!!!11!!11lol!

I've been celebrating all weekend!

60/1 for Sunderland to lose their last two games and Norwich to beat arsenal. It's not impossible, especially with sunderlands performances against lesser teams at home. Norwich beating arsenal? Play like they did against Chelsea at home and they have a chance. Arsenal have nothing to play for.

Guest I-Was-There

Sunderland fan in peace here. Didn't know where to post this but felt I should introduce myself and plead my case before I get banned based on my Mackem ethnicity alone, so thought this was the most appropriate thread.

Not here to be a plum, hopefully I'll be allowed to stay.

Guest I-Was-There

f*** off

:lol:

I'd expect nothing less. Seriously though, not here to be a bell

Not sure your fans or our own were expecting derbies next season given our predicament for most of this season, but looks like they'll happen. Big summer's for both of us coming up!

What do you think will happen over there this summer seriously? Much to spend? Will you renew the current contracts of those running down/sign your loanees? Can see another season of struggle for you and of course, 6 points off us.

Guest I-Was-There

What do you think will happen over there this summer seriously? Much to spend? Will you renew the current contracts of those running down/sign your loanees? Can see another season of struggle for you and of course, 6 points off us.

Assuming we stay up and I think we're almost certainties now I think we need 8 or 9 new players alongside hopefully a new deal for Wor Jackie (;)) and maybe Seb Larsson and permanent deals for Vergini and Alonso. All the other loanees (I'd like Borini to stay of course but realistically he isn't going to) and out of contracts can go. Hopefully shift Steven Fletcher as well, maybe Altidore.

So another huge rebuild and turnover of players, hopefully the last one needed for some time as it's certainly not the recipe for stability or success. We must get this one right as obviously the majority of last summers influx didn't work at all and we won't even have the Bruce/MO'N era players to fall back on like we have done this year (not that they're much good).

Would leave us with a squad of

Mannone, New GK

New RB, Alonso, New CB, Vergini, Brown, O'Shea

Cattermole, Bridcutt, Colback, Larsson, New CM, New CM

Johnson, Giaccherini, New Wide Player

Wickham, New ST, New ST, Scocco

Backed up by the young 'uns. Clearly the new signings would have to be decent and capable of playing straight away if we were to do anything other than be right in the s***e again as they'd form such a key part of the squad. The CB particularly as Brown and O'Shea whilst capable(ish) aren't getting any younger. Also need some creativity in midfield desperately and unless Wickham can continue his current run of form consistently (I'm not sure) we are desperate for someone to score goals. Fletcher and Altidore have been pathetic this season.

f*** off

:lol:

I'd expect nothing less. Seriously though, not here to be a bell

Not sure your fans or our own were expecting derbies next season given our predicament for most of this season, but looks like they'll happen. Big summer's for both of us coming up!

I think Dave was just f*cking with you  :lol:

There' s a couple of decent Mackems on here.