Sunderland

Nobody

How did this actually come out in the first place?  Did she report him?

I've just been reading back the last few pages.  I like how even in a thread about a disgusting nonce people have taken the time to call Stifler weird.  :lol:

Yeah I suppose, just don't think its a good strategy.  I mean he's admitting his intent was to have sex with her, and she's saying he had sex with her.  But we're supposed to believe it didn't happen, why?

You're supposed to believe that you can't say with enough belief/authority that it did happen. The burden of proof is on the prosecutor not the defence. It's "not guilty" rather than "innocent".

Yeah I suppose, just don't think its a good strategy.  I mean he's admitting his intent was to have sex with her, and she's saying he had sex with her.  But we're supposed to believe it didn't happen, why?

She didn't say they had sex did she?

Should have said "sex acts" I don't think she's claimed they had full on intercourse, though it amounts to the same thing in the eyes of the law I think?

"Speaking of their first meeting on January 17 last year, Johnson told how he signed two shirts for the girl in a secluded car park.

He then said he dropped the girl off at a shop "to buy some sweets or something"."

Didn't even take his own sweets when he went nonceing.

Reading the latest tweets it appears as though his defence will be that she is making more of this for personal gain.

'I felt like someone was making her say these things for the benefit of herself'

What a scumbag

Ultra-honest with the guilty pleas, adding credibility to his non-guilty ones. It might work better than playing everything down.

Thing is what he's saying doesn't add up with the actual texts though does it? He's saying stuff like "it's easy to text when you're bored in a hotel", "I was thinking: ‘What am I doing? I have so much to lose'" and “We were chatting and I think [the girl] said: ‘Why we still talking, I’ve come for my thank you kiss’. Then the kiss happened.”

Surely the jury will see through it.

Reading the latest tweets it appears as though his defence will be that she is making more of this for personal gain.

'I felt like someone was making her say these things for the benefit of herself'

What a scumbag

:anguish: I am sure all the media attention on her and her family is exactly what she wanted.

He did not directly speak to Margaret Byrne, chief executive, but spoke to other members of staff about his admissions, AJ has said.

He was initially suspended by the club and reinstated 16 days after his arrest and first interview. Johnson said that the club said he was welcome back to train.

He then played for the club before being interviewed a second time.

Martin BruntVerified account

‏@skymartinbrunt

#Johnson Player says he told Sunderland club why he had been arrested. "I told them everything."

------------------

I'm arguing over with folk on the Si Games site, who believe that Sunderland have done nothing wrong. Am I the only one to think differently in that, they could have known exactly what happened from the start, but chose to turn a blind eye? is it just me?!

‏@skymartinbrunt

#Johnson Player says he told Sunderland club why he had been arrested. "I told them everything."

------------------

I'm arguing over with folk on the Si Games site, who believe that Sunderland have done nothing wrong. Am I the only one to think differently in that, they could have known exactly what happened from the start, but chose to turn a blind eye? is it just me?!

I'm the same, Sunderland supporting mates of mine think they're completely blameless. Can't see what they did was wrong. Unbelievable.

Guest firetotheworks

‏@skymartinbrunt

------------------

Both Johnson and the DI have given evidence in court that they told the club everything that had happened. The DI told them to set up safeguards as a result. Unless both the DI and Johnson are lying then they're absolutely in the wrong and it's not even up for debate as far as I'm concerned.

Guest firetotheworks

FWIW, I wouldn't put it past our own club to do the same thing, but then I wouldn't stand by them and say they'd done nothing wrong.

‏@skymartinbrunt

------------------

There's your mistake.  They just troll for bites most of the time and generally know fuck all about anything other than their own club and whatever Sky or Talksport have told them to think this week.

‏@skymartinbrunt

------------------

If he's telling the truth then they're wrong. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt if he'd pulled the wool over their eyes, so to speak, but that diesn't seem to be the case.

Is there any reason for Johnson and his defence team to be lying about this?

@CraigHope_DM

Johnson says he told SAFC chief exec Margaret Byrne he had "kissed girl passionately & been aroused". Told club "I have made huge mistake"

Not a chat-up line I've used myself I've got to admit.

Guest firetotheworks

@CraigHope_DM

Johnson says he told SAFC chief exec Margaret Byrne he had "kissed girl passionately & been aroused". Told club "I have made huge mistake"

Not a chat-up line I've used myself I've got to admit.

That's it Johnson, you're banned. You, your children and your children's children.

For one week.

See this is finally getting into headline articles rather than footnotes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3458530/Adam-Johnson-claims-Sunderland-knew-groomed-15-year-old-girl-engaged-sexual-activity-Range-Rover.html

Adam Johnson claims Sunderland knew he groomed 15-year-old girl and engaged in sexual activity with her in his Range Rover