Sunderland

Nobody

Despite what this lot would have you believe, he's looked good for them this season. Not getting chances will make any striker seem weak, but he's getting into space, holding-up the ball well, and striking it well.

Nah he's shit, American Shola.

1 goal in 31 games in England. :mackems:

Yes and I'm sure you've watched him loads since he played at Hull.

In Holland?  :lol:

No one is getting impressed by beating up the scrubs in the CONCACAF.

Done f*ck all this season and did f*ck all when he was in England before, he's just not very good.

It's alright mate, you're allowed to say "This is one player I don't know much about" from time to time. I know how much it must pain you.

He's doing far more for Sunderland than Cisse is doing for us this season.

Done f*ck all this season and did f*ck all when he was in England before, he's just not very good.

It's alright mate, you're allowed to say "This is one player I don't know much about" from time to time. I know how much it must pain you.

Papiss Cisse - Games 4, Goals 0, Assists 1, Shots 12

Jozy Altidore - Games 3, Goals 0, Assists 0, Shots 7

Aye, FAR more.

Doesn't bother me at all mate there's plenty of players i don't know much about.... i know it must pain you that your great hope is actually rubbish though.

Doesn't bother me at all mate there's plenty of players i don't know much about.... i know it must pain you that your great hope is actually rubbish though.

Except he's not rubbish. That's quite clear.

Toon fan logic: "He's a Yank who plays for Sunderland and wasn't very good for Hull 4 years ago. He's shit and I hate him."

Altidore has a goal in cup play. He's looked far more dangerous than Cisse has, despite playing on a worse team.

He scored against MK Dons, we're using that in an argument to determine who is the less shit of the two? Come on man.

Watching him in league play, he moves better than Cisse, he holds-up play better than Cisse, and he makes better passes than Cisse. Cisse is not playing well this season.

Lets be honest he's probably going to be more Afonso Alves/Mido than van Nistelrooy/Luis Suarez. Scouts need to be a lot more careful with these Eredivisie strikers.

We'll see I suppose. I have no illusions about him being a world beater, because he's not. But he's clearly not a bad player, as many here say he is. Most of whom are basing their judgments on how he played for Hull, as a 19-year old, and who haven't seen him play since then.

It's most important for me that he continue to play at a high level for the national team. So whatever he needs to do at Sunderland to stay in good form, so be it. Despite not scoring yet in league play, he's still playing well for club and country.