Sunderland

Nobody

Michael Gray walking around Sunderland for MOTD2. It's the first time I've ever seen the place, it genuinely looks like an Eastern European town circa 1980. 

It's much worse than that mate. Communist Eastern Europe had well educated and healthy people.

and some nice places, prague, talinn, krakow. sunderland has no redeeming features.

Thing is though it happens fairly often, it just rarely results in a goal that may not have happened if the whistle hadn't been blown anyway, the whistle had long gone and it was slightly strange that everyone hadn't stopped already, it's impossible to say if Arsenal's defense were all unaware of the whistle, the ref didn't play advantage when he should have, a lot of the time a free kick from that position is much better than playing on anyway.

Obviously I'd be furious if that happened to us but I'd also be overegging it. Sunderland by every account apart from the mackems should have been further behind than they were by then and deserved to lose, albeit of course whoever takes their chances deserves it I suppose but it's not a 'massive reffing error' it's a moderate one that shouldn't shield a team clearly at the moment fairly ineffectual.

Having said that suspect we're getting a bit cocky, Sunderland obviously fashioned some chances, PDC's project may still come off.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

BREAKING NEWS-URGENT APPEAL EARTHQUAKE IN SUNDERLAND...........

Earthquake in Sunderland.

As you are probably aware a massive earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale struck Sunderland in the early hours. At the epicenter in Pennywell, victims were seen roaming around aimlessly muttering “wheeys keeys are theese”. The earthquake decimated the entire area causing about 30 quid worth of damage. Several priceless collections of ashtrays from the Balearics and Tenerife were damaged beyond repair.

Three historic areas of burnt out cars, some over seven years old were disturbed. Many locals were awoken before their Giro's arrived. The Sunderland Echo reported that hundreds of locals were confused, bewildered and still trying to come to terms with the loss of Ladbrokes.

One resident a Miss Sharon Smith, a 15 year old mother of six said "It was a shock to my little Diamond White. She came into my room crying and put me and Winston off our stroke but my youngest two Job Lot and Aldi Primark luckily slept through it all. I was still shaking whilst watching Jeremy Kyle the next day".

Apparently looting, mugging and car crime did carry on as normal. The Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4000 crates of lager into the area to help the stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have recovered large amounts of belongings including Benefit Books, jewellery by Elizabeth Duke at Argos and finest bone china from Mad Harry's.

*HOW CAN YOU HELP?*

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothes parcels for those caught up in the disaster. Clothing is urgently needed and amongst the most sought after items are;

• Fila or Burberry Baseball Caps

• Kappa Tracksuit Tops (his and hers)

• Adidas Trackie Bottoms 3/4 length,

• White Socks

• Rockport Boots

• and anything else from the Donnay shop

Food parcels must take into consideration local tastes and should include Micro Meals, Pot Noodles, Baked Beanz, Super Noodles, Sausage Rolls and Greggs pasties for the babies. Special brew or Thunderbird would also be gratefully received.

Every little helps. Remember:

• 22p buys a biro to help fill in a compensation form

• £2.00 buys cheesy chips and blue Panda pop for a family of nine

• £5.00 buys 20 B&H and a box of Swan Vestas to calm the nerves of a grieving ten year old

Please don't send tents for shelter as the sight of posh accommodation is unfair on the residents of Hendon and Southwick.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

I'll lightheartedly mock the state of sunderland as much as the next man but I'm always a bit unwilling to go over the top on it, I spend more time in middlesbrough than the toon these days ( :sad:) and end up, as kinda shit as it is in many ways defending it a lot. there's always tons of charm to places that aren't obvious. The football club and fans are fair game of course but mocking social deprivation there seems a tad harsh, it may be a hellhole but I can't quite rant about the tory's attitude to the north-east while mocking Sunderland for being poor. 

I'll lightheartedly mock the state of sunderland as much as the next man but I'm always a bit unwilling to go over the top on it, I spend more time in middlesbrough than the toon these days ( :sad:) and end up, as kinda shit as it is in many ways defending it a lot. there's always tons of charm to places that aren't obvious. The football club and fans are fair game of course but mocking social deprivation there seems a tad harsh, it may be a hellhole but I can't quite rant about the tory's attitude to the north-east while mocking Sunderland for being poor. 

Fair comment that like.

I'll lightheartedly mock the state of sunderland as much as the next man but I'm always a bit unwilling to go over the top on it, I spend more time in middlesbrough than the toon these days ( :sad:) and end up, as kinda s*** as it is in many ways defending it a lot. there's always tons of charm to places that aren't obvious. The football club and fans are fair game of course but mocking social deprivation there seems a tad harsh, it may be a hellhole but I can't quite rant about the tory's attitude to the north-east while mocking Sunderland for being poor. 

not mocking it for being poor but for not even being able to make anything of itself even in a small way. Newcastle is working class, Sunderland is charva town.

Why does he blow the whistle before the attacker loses the ball?  Makes zero sense, blow it when the chance is 100% gone.

Exactly, he blew too early, he should have waited but didn't which tbf has given us lots of fun :lol:

Sh*te refereeing, but he had clearly blown so all bets were off. The whole 'big club conspiracy theory' on the rtg shortbus is simply papering over the cracks...they were comprehensively fisted by a much more technically adept side.

Michael Gray walking around Sunderland for MOTD2. It's the first time I've ever seen the place, it genuinely looks like an Eastern European town circa 1980. 

I feel bad about laughing at the place tbh. Basically Sunderland city centre = 3 Shields roads + 2 Adelaide Terraces and half a Chilli Road. Their council needs an almighty kick up the hoop for letting the place go to rack and ruin.

Why does he blow the whistle before the attacker loses the ball?  Makes zero sense, blow it when the chance is 100% gone.

Exactly, he blew too early, he should have waited but didn't which tbf has given us lots of fun :lol:

Sh*te refereeing, but he had clearly blown so all bets were off. The whole 'big club conspiracy theory' on the rtg shortbus is simply papering over the cracks...they were comprehensively fisted by a much more technically adept side.

I feel bad about laughing at the place tbh. Basically Sunderland city centre = 3 Shields roads + 2 Adelaide Terraces and half a Chilli Road. Their council needs an almighty kick up the hoop for letting the place go to rack and ruin.

It is genuinely a shit hole like. No need for bias, it just is.

I'll lightheartedly mock the state of sunderland as much as the next man but I'm always a bit unwilling to go over the top on it, I spend more time in middlesbrough than the toon these days ( :sad:) and end up, as kinda s*** as it is in many ways defending it a lot. there's always tons of charm to places that aren't obvious. The football club and fans are fair game of course but mocking social deprivation there seems a tad harsh, it may be a hellhole but I can't quite rant about the tory's attitude to the north-east while mocking Sunderland for being poor. 

Agree like, that article is basically just ripping the shit out of poor people.

I spent a few years in and around Teesside. Fuck me, you'll be searching for 'tons of charm' for a long time in Boro. It makes Sunderland seem reasonable.

Cabral not part of Di Canio's plans

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/10676034._/?

Actual quotes:

"Obviously little Vaughany is not a physical presence, but he’s more sharp, even if he did not play very well against Arsenal.

"But in the last two games he was one of the best. He is sharp and can interpret the game in England better than Cabral, who is slow paced.

"It doesn’t mean that he won’t play in the future but it’s very difficult for him, I have to be honest. Maybe one day, if he can show me that he understands his football, then yes.

"Otherwise, in the middle, the heart of the game, especially against top sides, we will get beaten. At this moment, Cabral has got difficulties"

And we think Pardew's quotes to the press are bad! :lol:

Cabral not part of Di Canio's plans

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/10676034._/?

Actual quotes:

"Obviously little Vaughany is not a physical presence, but he’s more sharp, even if he did not play very well against Arsenal.

"But in the last two games he was one of the best. He is sharp and can interpret the game in England better than Cabral, who is slow paced.

"It doesn’t mean that he won’t play in the future but it’s very difficult for him, I have to be honest. Maybe one day, if he can show me that he understands his football, then yes.

"Otherwise, in the middle, the heart of the game, especially against top sides, we will get beaten. At this moment, Cabral has got difficulties"

And we think Pardew's quotes to the press are bad! :lol:

Excellent bit of scouting.

Guest Roger Kint

Are there any players he doesn't hate? He has basically ruled out one of his signings 4 games into the season. Hasn't he only played one of those as well? :lol:

He was their best player in the first half of that one game as well :lol:

Makes literally no sense to make that public.

As manager he should be pointing out the abject performance level to his players, BUT behind closed doors.

Producing the "Paolo di Canio show" and doing all their dirty washing in public is just insanity.

It's a good laugh though  ;D