Sunderland

Nobody

I would absolutely love Sessegnon to score the winning goal next week  :aww:

Need them to win next week so the board don't panic & sack the lunatic too early

Tbh I'd love to see us win and them lose having ten time as many points as them 5 games in.  :lol:

It probably won't happen, both teams will probably draw IMHO.

PDC will get sacked and they may get saved by a honeymoon period again

Having said that haven't completely ruled out that the team will click and his team will suddenly get catenaccio levels of discipline and they will be good yet, still just  a chance...

He'd blown the whistle so he had to disallow it. He'd be a laughing stock if he didn't. wish people would stop crying about it.

the mistake though was he really should have sent Sagna off since it was obviously a clear goalscoring chance.

He'd blown the whistle so he had to disallow it. He'd be a laughing stock if he didn't. wish people would stop crying about it.

Exactly. Atkinson played the advantage and rightly blew the whistle when it looked like Altidore had too much to do.

There is no conspiracy. There is no bias. There is no corruption. The referee did what he thought was correct, unfortunately for him Altidore rolled the ball into the net.

Shouldn't have blown the whistle, though playing advantage is so inconsistent anyway the default will always be give a free kick, quite honestly I've spotted refs playing advantage and then not bringing it back for the free kick when none is gained I'm wondering if it's actually overused and should be used more sparingly anyway

I could see why the ref made the decision, but it was still a poor one. Koscielny stops when he hears the whistle though, if Atkinson hadn't blown, I think he'd have got there in time anyway.

Yep whistle had gone, he blew too early perhaps but that's really easy to do as the ref, lot of the outrage seems to be expecting Atkinson to see into the future and spot a definite goal, 9 times out of 10 no goal would have resulted and the team would have prefered the free kick, and even then as said no guarantee if he hadn't blown the whistle the same would have occured. It's a mountain out of a molehill

Guest bimpy474

Why does he blow the whistle before the attacker loses the ball?  Makes zero sense, blow it when the chance is 100% gone.

Exactly, he blew too early, he should have waited but didn't which tbf has given us lots of fun :lol:

Why does he blow the whistle before the attacker loses the ball?  Makes zero sense, blow it when the chance is 100% gone.

Exactly, he blew too early, he should have waited but didn't which tbf has given us lots of fun :lol:

Well aye, it's fucking hilarious but I'd be spitting blood in the same situation.  Reminds me a bit of that David Luiz foul against us the season before last for some reason, seems to be the sort of call that the "big clubs" often get the benefit of and it sticks in the throat given all of the other advantages they have.

probably because he thought if he left it longer it would be too long from the original foul. for all the rules seem set up to play advantage for as long as it needs to see if the advanatge plays out, tey never do it and this must be in the guidelines given to them.

Michael Gray walking around Sunderland for MOTD2. It's the first time I've ever seen the place, it genuinely looks like an Eastern European town circa 1980. 

It's much worse than that mate. Communist Eastern Europe had well educated and healthy people.