Sunderland

Nobody

Guest firetotheworks

This thread is a shameful pit of obsession. As if you'd all rather he actually badly physically abused the girl rather than be not guilty.

That's just bollocks by the way, he has already pleaded guilty to grooming, it's the hottest football topic, this is a football forum and it's highly relevant to the area.

I think the bit that I've put in bold is the main point there tbf.

This thread is a shameful pit of obsession. As if you'd all rather he actually badly physically abused the girl rather than be not guilty.

That's just bollocks by the way, he has already pleaded guilty to grooming, it's the hottest football topic, this is a football forum and it's highly relevant to the area.

We'd not rather anything you fruit, he's already admitted it, it just depends on the extent.

I actually have some sympathies with her.  She probably believed that she was living the dream, footballers WAG money no object and she now faces being a single mother on child benefit with the stigma of this following her and her daughter for the rest of their lives. 

From her perspective her (and her daughters) world has fallen apart so for that I feel sorry for her.  She has done nothing wrong other than try to keep her dream alive, she may be misguided in that but to crucify her is unnecessary.

She'll be entitled to some money from AJ until the bairn is 16 or 18. Probably not the same but better than nothing.

This might help her modelling career too.

Guest firetotheworks

We'd not rather anything you fruit, he's already admitted it, it just depends on the extent.

I'm not pointing at fingers at anyone in particular, but the thread has had that feel to it at times. That it's more about how it's bad for Sunderland than it is for the girl.

I actually have some sympathies with her.  She probably believed that she was living the dream, footballers WAG money no object and she now faces being a single mother on child benefit with the stigma of this following her and her daughter for the rest of their lives. 

From her perspective her (and her daughters) world has fallen apart so for that I feel sorry for her.  She has done nothing wrong other than try to keep her dream alive, she may be misguided in that but to crucify her is unnecessary.

She'll be entitled to some money from AJ until the bairn is 16 or 18. Probably not the same but better than nothing.

This might help her modelling career too.

Not sure what sort of modelling she does but I can't see how having your partner getting done for noncing can be much of a career boost.

I don't 'hope' he's fingered her, I hope he gets charged for it though as I think he's done it. The girl has said he has and he's calling her a liar and saying she's after money. It has nothing to do with Sunderland though, even if that's the reason I'm interested in the case in the first place.

So Taylor has a bit of a point I suppose, but it's a bit different :lol:

I don't 'hope' he's fingered her, I hope he gets charged for it though as I think he's done it. The girl has said he has and he's calling her a liar and saying she's after money. It has nothing to do with Sunderland though, even if that's the reason I'm interested in the case in the first place.

That's it he's guilty then

My favourite stuff in here atm is the idea that the lass has three options available to her; stick with the nonce to support her and her bairn, work at Tescos stacking shelves until she's dead, or get right into benefits street[emoji38]

Must be shite being a lass like.

My favourite stuff in here atm is the idea that the lass has three options available to her; stick with the nonce to support her and her bairn, work at Tescos stacking shelves until she's dead, or get right into benefits street[emoji38]

Must be s**** being a lass like.

Considering she's from a wealthy background I don't think the last two options are likely.

The difference in quality between the defence and prosecution in this case is frightening :lol:

Kate Blackwell QC is now questioning the former girlfriend of Adam Johnson.

“You said he told you everything, what did he tell you?” she asked.

Miss Flounders said: “That he kissed her and that he met her twice.”

Miss Blackwell asked: “Did he tell you that he kissed her passionately for two minutes?”

Miss Flounders replied: “No.”

“Did he tell you that he’d caressed her body with his hands?” Miss Blackwell asked.

“No,” Miss Flounders replied.

Within 5 seconds, Stacey was basically ridiculed as a defence witness and pretty much everything she said meant nothing.

Considering she's from a wealthy background I don't think the last two options are likely.

Again, why is a handout from a wealthy family an option ahead of her getting a decent job or whatever? Assuming that's what you meant of course, and if you didn't mean that then yeah that's the type of nonsense (noncesence) I'm on about with the way some people on here quite clearly hate women.

Again, why is a handout from a wealthy family an option ahead of her getting a decent job or whatever? Assuming that's what you meant of course, and if you didn't mean that then yeah that's the type of nonsense (noncesence) I'm on about with the way some people on here quite clearly hate women.

She was working overseas for her father's company when she met Johnson. Misogynists on a football website? Surely not  :lol:

She was working overseas for her father's company when she met Johnson. Misogynists on a football website? Surely not [emoji38]

Ha!

I doubt she'd stay with him just for the money as she clearly comes from a wealthy background. It's more likely she was trying to stay with him for the baby. Massive leap to call her a money grabber etc.

I feel sorry for her and the baby, they're both innocent victims.

I doubt she'd stay with him just for the money as she clearly comes from a wealthy background. It's more likely she was trying to stay with him for the baby. Massive leap to call her a money grabber etc.

Is the correct answer. She's going to be tarnished for life through no fault of her own.

Is the correct answer. She's going to be tarnished for life through no fault of her own.

She's accompanied him to court almost every day hasn't she? Father of her child or not she's got no obligation to show such solidarity for the filthy little worm.

That's it he's guilty then

Err, I've never implied "I think he is" =/= "he is" like. Reports from the hearing are being tweeted live, you can have an opinion on the case.

Edit: It all comes down to opinions as it's her word vs his. I believe her and I hope the jury do too.

Guest firetotheworks

She's accompanied him to court almost every day hasn't she? Father of her child or not she's got no obligation to show such solidarity for the filthy little worm.

She hasn't accompanied him since the first day.

So there's no more defence witnesses?

One thing that strikes me if the alleged conversation was between 30 people in the team dressing room around the legal age of consent, why have none of the first team been called as witnesses to corroborate this conversation taking place?

As a key part of the prosecution case he has in no way been able to back his story up.

The defence strategy has clearly been to plant a seed of doubt. There's a small seed but based on the reported facts he sounds guilty to me.....