Motherwell 2 - 4 Newcastle United (FT) Post game euphoria from pg 19

bowlingcrofty

What I mean is, this is probably the new 'techniques' or whatever it was that Pardew said that we had up our sleeve that he wasn't going to talk about. So we'll more than likely use 'stats' during the season as well to pick the team.

I look forward to Obertan being picked over Ben Arfa because he had a 3% higher work-rate than Ben Arfa in training or some nonsense like that.

My issue is that stats don't measure skill or creativity in any way.

This is an incredible assumption based on the selection of the team for one pre-season friendly.

Motherwell have no players. They've been decimated. Lost Higdon, Ojamma, Humphrey, Nicky 'nicky' Law and others who were all first teamers.

Big Stephen McManus is playing for them now. I used to think he was cracking but wasn't liking Middlesbrough.

Any reason or did they just fancy binning off all their players?

They had a really good season (2nd) but are unable to offer wages in line with it. So a lot of the players saw it as a chance to get a good contract elsewhere. That's what I think - and it ties in with McCall saying he wanted to keep them all if possible :lol:

Sickening that Rangers still have a bigger pull. Law went there and will be getting paid much more than he was at Motherwell.

Was going to say 'at least they kept Jamie Murphy' but he just went to Sheffield :lol:

What I mean is, this is probably the new 'techniques' or whatever it was that Pardew said that we had up our sleeve that he wasn't going to talk about. So we'll more than likely use 'stats' during the season as well to pick the team.

I look forward to Obertan being picked over Ben Arfa because he had a 3% higher work-rate than Ben Arfa in training or some nonsense like that.

My issue is that stats don't measure skill or creativity in any way.

This is an incredible assumption based on the selection of the team for one pre-season friendly.

I'm not so sure. If Pards has got a new stat-crunching Sinclair Spectrum for his birthday you can bet he's going to use it and think he's some kind of modern visionary of the football management world.

Motherwell have no players. They've been decimated. Lost Higdon, Ojamma, Humphrey, Nicky 'nicky' Law and others who were all first teamers.

Big Stephen McManus is playing for them now. I used to think he was cracking but wasn't liking Middlesbrough.

Any reason or did they just fancy binning off all their players?

They had a really good season (2nd) but are unable to offer wages in line with it. So a lot of the players saw it as a chance to get a good contract elsewhere. That's what I think - and it ties in with McCall saying he wanted to keep them all if possible :lol:

Sickening that Rangers still have a bigger pull. Law went there and will be getting paid much more than he was at Motherwell.

Was going to say 'at least they kept Jamie Murphy' but he just went to Sheffield :lol:

Fair enough. I'm guessing smaller/all clubs in Scotland have to cash in when they can to keep themselves afloat.

Guest Nobbys Trumpet

There's not a chance in hell Pardew will be using stats to pick the team for him during the season let's not be stupid.

Guest neesy111

Jonas. Might as well be positive.

Never gets injured.

Not if I can help it...

Go Ahead..... 

Didn't NUFC TV cover pre-season friendlies with radio for a while? I know they didn't last year but I'm sure they did the season before that. It's ridiculous that they're not really, pure laziness.