Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

Guest bimpy474

a season of tiny margins in the premier league.  villa ended up a win or two from top ten but in fact spent the whole time down the bottom.  if they had dropped, i think lamberts refusal to play the percentages of working to bents strengths would have made him look a fool.  but they just about stayed up, so he did the right thing.  perhaps he's the 'lucky general'.  but perhaps without either bent or benteke to call on, villa will struggle

I'd give him more credit than that, that goal at Liverpool was brilliant and goal of the season for me. With such a young side they were bound to have erratic form. But overall they looked good with the ball, cut the defence mistakes out and that's a good exciting team. He stuck to his plan and it worked.

I'd have rather stayed up playing like Villa Lambert's way, than we did with Pardew's shit football.

Guest bimpy474

He has had to buy young to improve the wage bill to some extent I think Bimpy.

How does he improve the wage bill by buying young players, yet still have Ireland, Bent, Dunne and a few more sitting in the stands. The maths long term might be better when they've gone tbf, i'm not saying he doesn't deserve credit because he certainly does. He took a brave decision and it worked out well, and the team will be much better in the future.

But to claim he has spent nothing is laughable, whether or not he spent it on cheaper wages and on youngster or not, he still spent over £20m.

I think Dunne was injured or on the piss, Ireland is off his tits and he probably didn't want to make a rash decision with Bent because he could have been useful.

Aye he definitely spent money, I think those high earners were always on the list to be out the door though and I imagine it is part of a long-term strategy.

Absolutely as i think as Brummie has stated. Yet again though, they have spent another near £10m so far this summer. On young players again but they are still spending money.

a season of tiny margins in the premier league.  villa ended up a win or two from top ten but in fact spent the whole time down the bottom.  if they had dropped, i think lamberts refusal to play the percentages of working to bents strengths would have made him look a fool.  but they just about stayed up, so he did the right thing.  perhaps he's the 'lucky general'.  but perhaps without either bent or benteke to call on, villa will struggle

I'd give him more credit than that, that goal at Liverpool was brilliant and goal of the season for me. With such a young side they were bound to have erratic form. But overall they looked good with the ball, cut the defence mistakes out and that's a good exciting team. He stuck to his plan and it worked.

I'd have rather stayed up playing like Villa Lambert's way, than we did with Pardew's s*** football.

any other season in the last few years they would have gone, i think.  not to be too hard on the villa, no axe to grind, but brummie did suggest that lambert was completley vindicated by the end of season.  i call it that he was right, but also a bit lucky.  some lovely sides have tried the prem and gone down passing, and some rotters hang on year after year. 

Guest bimpy474

Since Lambert took over.

Bought for fees : Over £35m spent give or take.

Yacouba Sylla

Christian Benteke

Ashley Westwood

Jordan Bowery

Joseph Bennett

Ron Vlaar

Matthew Lowton

Karim El Ahmadi

Jores Okore

Leandro Bacuna

Aleksandar Tonev

Nicklas Helenius Jensen

Antonio Luna Rodriguez

Sold for a fee :£2m

James Colins

Lamberts overall net spend right now is over £33m est. Scrapping by my arse.

My thoughts on Darren Bent are that he would offer a hell of a lot more up front in comparison with Shola. people moaning about that he offers nowt else but prowess on putting them in the back of the net, well shola on a good day has problems holding the ball up and playing in other players, he's a championship footballer but we all love him cos' he gives his all and he's one of us...

I am sure bent can pass to a team mate and can hold a ball up when needed to, what we are crying out for is someone to put the ball in the back of the net... 2+2 = 4

Normally i would take Bent as backup, but not when it's pretty certain that the c*** in charge probably will play him and Cissé at the same time.

Would much rather have two strikers in the Remy/PEA mould though, that can play more than one role. Would give us very good options if we play 4-3-3 (which we should, or 4-2-31)

All this talk about a striker who can hold the ball up or who will link nicely with Cisse is probably us over complicating things tbh. Pardew will probably just see Bent and Cisse as two quick strikers who we can hit from the back with balls over the top.

Cisse quick  :lol:

Honestly man, i really wish we had this demi-god striker everyone keeps describing to me.

He's like lightning compared to some of the demi-god strikers we've had down the years.

Honestly man, i really wish we had this demi-god striker everyone keeps describing to me.

He's like lightning compared to some of the demi-god strikers we've had down the years.

Yep.

0-Offside in 0.23 seconds :D

ok.  :deadhorse:

My thoughts on Darren Bent are that he would offer a hell of a lot more up front in comparison with Shola. people moaning about that he offers nowt else but prowess on putting them in the back of the net, well shola on a good day has problems holding the ball up and playing in other players, he's a championship footballer but we all love him cos' he gives his all and he's one of us...

I am sure bent can pass to a team mate and can hold a ball up when needed to, what we are crying out for is someone to put the ball in the back of the net... 2+2 = 4

I cannot let this comment just pass by  :lol: "we all love him"? i think you may need a better gauge for people's feelings towards the Big Sho :)

22 year old Toulouse striker. From his description, fits the bill of young, hungry striker who'd probably not expect to walk straight into the team that a few on here were wanting rather than Bent, but looks like he has a fair scoring record for a young striker (16 in 47 for Toulouse).

Ticks the low wages French/African heritage option. Trips up on not being unsettled or soon to be out contract option.

Seems he used to be a futsal player before going to Toulouse.

Same agent as that Vainqueur chap.

For what its worth, the same guy also mentions Romain Alessandrini and Maxime Lestienne.

Currently knackered with an ACL injury. Stats say he was banging them in for fun prior to that. Contract runs 'til 2016.

Lestienne played for Brugge against us, seemed alright. Contract runs 'til 2017.

Both listed as left wingers.