Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

It's not a bad signing in and of itself, I just think it raises more questions than it answers about the way we're going to play.

Not if Cisse leaves, and that looks more and more likely the way things are going.

In future it might be worth whoever is posting links from SDNews to copy the article if possible, along with link. Personally, I'd prefer too keep traffic to said site at a minimum.

Given it's timing and utter lack of fresh content it couldn't scream more of 'Quick, put some positive news out' though.

NUFC transfers: ‘Bent to sign in next few days’

Aston Villa striker Darren Bent is expected to complete a transfer to Newcastle United in the next few days, according to reports on Wednesday.

The 29-year-old does not feature in Villa manager Paul Lambert’s plans for the upcoming season and has been told he can leave the club this summer after being displaced in the starting XI by Christian Benteke at Villa Park last season.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has previously admitted his interest in the former England international and hopes to have a deal completed by the weekend, according to the Daily Mail.

The club refused to comment when called by SportsDirect News.

Meanwhile, there are doubts over Papiss Cisse’s future with the Magpies after the Senegalese pulled out of his side’s pre-season tour of Portugal following his refusal to wear a shirt that displayed the club’s sponsor Wonga, a money lending company, on religious grounds.

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/28347-nufc-transfers-bent-to-sign-in-next-few-days.php

It's not a bad signing in and of itself, I just think it raises more questions than it answers about the way we're going to play.

Not if Cisse leaves, and that looks more and more likely the way things are going.

Yeah, just hoping it won't come to that.

I'd sell Cisse if we could replace him with Bent AND Remy.

You mean sell a striker who misses from 5 yards and replace him with two strikers who can score goals? Fucking might catch on this logic.

Pretty convinced at this stage that Bent is Cisse's replacement. If we're lucky* then Cisse will stay, but it seems pretty obvious to me that it's a like for like swap with a slight financial gain into the bargain.

*if your name is M. Ashley read 'unlucky'

I'd sell Cisse if we could replace him with Bent AND Remy.

You mean sell a striker who misses from 5 yards and replace him with two strikers who can score goals? Fucking might catch on this logic.

:idiot2:

Bent will score goals. He's arguably stronger and better in the air no? May not be a better striker of the ball or be able to do the magic that Cisse can, but he's not some slack shit player. I'd rather keep Cisse but if it means we lose Cisse and we get Bent in return, I'd be upset that we lost Cisse but a little relieved we've picked up a decent striker with experience in the league.

Having said that, if this also means we sign a Remy, then I'd be more at ease.

Bent will score goals. He's arguably stronger and better in the air no? May not be a better striker of the ball or be able to do the magic that Cisse can, but he's not some slack shit player. I'd rather keep Cisse but if it means we lose Cisse and we get Bent in return, I'd be upset that we lost Cisse but a little relieved we've picked up a decent striker with experience in the league.

He won't score if he gets shit service like Cisse did last season.

Bent will score goals. He's arguably stronger and better in the air no? May not be a better striker of the ball or be able to do the magic that Cisse can, but he's not some slack s*** player. I'd rather keep Cisse but if it means we lose Cisse and we get Bent in return, I'd be upset that we lost Cisse but a little relieved we've picked up a decent striker with experience in the league.

He won't score if he gets s*** service like Cisse did last season.

Hardly had the best service with us and scored a shed load. He's an improvement on Cisse

He does little for team shape as others have mentioned but he'll score goals whenever he's played.

He also works his bollocks off.

Didn't think this would happen due to your transfer policy and now it looks like it will I'm in disbelief. I'm not going to enjoy seeing him in a Newcastle shirt.

Bent will score goals. He's arguably stronger and better in the air no? May not be a better striker of the ball or be able to do the magic that Cisse can, but he's not some slack s*** player. I'd rather keep Cisse but if it means we lose Cisse and we get Bent in return, I'd be upset that we lost Cisse but a little relieved we've picked up a decent striker with experience in the league.

He won't score if he gets s*** service like Cisse did last season.

the service cisse got wasn't too great last season but many forwards would have made better from it. I'm allowing papisse that as his bad year.

Bent will score goals for us I have no doubt about that. I'd prefer better, but in a scenario where Cisse goes and he's on his own up front, I'd tip him to get 15-20.

How many did you tip Cisse to get last season?

Guest bimpy474

Bent is better than some think, you don't score over 100 premiership goals if your shit.

Still a bit meh, about him signing mind, if he does.