Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

Guest bimpy474

If Cisse is staying we don't need Bent. Assuming we get others..

Yep, if we get Gomis and Remy. I think we are aiming at 2 out of the 3.

I was thinking earlier about some saying JFK is holding up this and that. I think the big mouth prat has found out it's not as easy as he thinks it is. I'm certain he can't wait to get a player signed, so he can run his mouth off about how great he is.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfers-darren-bents-move-2104934

Joe Kinnear hopes to finally end Newcastle’s transfer nightmare when he holds talks with Darren Bent.

Kinnear, the Magpies’ new director of football, is set to meet the Aston Villa striker’s representatives on Wednesday in a bid to thrash out a move to Tyneside.

Surely Kinnear's not going to be allowed to talk about money, is he?

Flick ons from whom? As stupid as Pardew is, signing Bent would surely help us move away from that type of rubbish.

While what you put makes sense, just think about who our manager is. Shola RW, Cisse RW, hoofball to Cisse etc. Is it so far fetched ?.

I know, dude. I'm holding onto the fact that when Ba left and Gouffran/Sissoko came in we used far less hoofball.

If Cisse is staying we don't need Bent. Assuming we get others..

He's just a back up plan to everything it seems.

Cisse goes.... get Bent, Gomis doesn't come.... get Bent.

You would think we would get back ups which are similar to the primary target, but alas not.

Guest bimpy474

Flick ons from whom? As stupid as Pardew is, signing Bent would surely help us move away from that type of rubbish.

While what you put makes sense, just think about who our manager is. Shola RW, Cisse RW, hoofball to Cisse etc. Is it so far fetched ?.

I know, dude. I'm holding onto the fact that when Ba left and Gouffran/Sissoko came in we used far less hoofball.

I have to admit i do think Pardew is going to give keeping the ball and playing better a go, my worry would be if we lose a few games he'll return to percentage stuff.

I have to admit i do think Pardew is going to give keeping the ball and playing better a go, my worry would be if we lose a few games he'll return to percentage stuff.

not sure he will (not sure it wasn't down to the players lack of movement last season aswell). putting last season down to the ba thing and after that having a disjointed (beyond cisse no one natural player at getting into the box from their position) team.

i doubt pardew is strong enough a manager to make so many players to go against the grain and not do things like use space that is there.

Guest bimpy474

not sure he will (not sure it wasn't down to the players lack of movement last season aswell). putting last season down to the ba thing and after that having a disjointed (beyond cisse no one natural player at getting into the box from their position) team.

i doubt pardew is strong enough a manager to make so many players to go against the grain and not do things like use space that is there.

Well we can only hope he eases off on the "keeping it tight, nick a goal stuff". Against some teams that is more than warranted, but against strugglers and weaker teams at home, it's mental.

If he does ease off then we should see better football with the players expressing themselves much more. I hope anyhoo.

I see you are putting the responsibility for lack of movement at the players feet. I would say that Sissoko and Gouffran demonstrated lots of movement when they first arrived and then this faded out the longer they spent here trying to fit into Pardew's defensive formation.

I'm pretty much 50/50 between 'let's just get him and end the transfer hoodoo' and my other overwhelming urge of 'he's fucking shit + unsuited please god no'

I agree there are some concerns about whether he's the type of player we need, but Darren Bent is certainly not "fucking shit"

Guest Phil K

I'm pretty much 50/50 between 'let's just get him and end the transfer hoodoo' and my other overwhelming urge of 'he's f***ing s*** + unsuited please god no'

I agree there are some concerns about whether he's the type of player we need, but Darren Bent is certainly not "f***ing s***"

Agreed. As much as you can guarantee anything, he will score. Buying from France doesn't mean they'll score in the prem. Bent WILL

I'm pretty much 50/50 between 'let's just get him and end the transfer hoodoo' and my other overwhelming urge of 'he's fucking shit + unsuited please god no'

I agree there are some concerns about whether he's the type of player we need, but Darren Bent is certainly not "fucking shit"

:thup:

Proven goalscorers are not to be sniffed at. If we don't get him, I can see dovetailing very nicely with Berbatov at Fulham.

Proven goalscorers are not to be sniffed at. If we don't get him, I can see dovetailing very nicely with Berbatov at Fulham.

Didn't they play at spurs together?  I can't really remember how they did if so.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfers-darren-bents-move-2104934

Joe Kinnear hopes to finally end Newcastle’s transfer nightmare when he holds talks with Darren Bent.

Kinnear, the Magpies’ new director of football, is set to meet the Aston Villa striker’s representatives on Wednesday in a bid to thrash out a move to Tyneside.

Surely Kinnear's not going to be allowed to talk about money, is he?

Why not?  He is the richest man on the planet...

I'm pretty much 50/50 between 'let's just get him and end the transfer hoodoo' and my other overwhelming urge of 'he's f***ing s*** + unsuited please god no'

I agree there are some concerns about whether he's the type of player we need, but Darren Bent is certainly not "f***ing s***"

Can only score goals if you get the supply, Cisse and Bent up front with no supply, feeding off scraps  :anguish:

Indeed he isn't, and someone is going to get a bargain. It needs to be a team set up to play to his strengths, that's definitely true, but some of the stick he's getting on here is getting a bit daft. He's not "fucking shit" at all. He might be a poor signing and not suit the way you play, that's true enough (and that's why we're selling him, too), but that doesn't make him shit at all.

The style of play and suitability, along with if he wants guaranteed starts, is my worry. As a player for the price mooted he's a decent buy.

:thup:.

Short term signing that doesn't give me any hope for the football we'll play this coming season but that's more a reflection upon AP than him.

Not exactly thrilled by the thought of signing Bent atm. Don't think he's a particularly good footballer but can finish chances if they're provided for him. However, the thought of Cisse getting a bad injury early in the season is horrific. We need strikers/forwards and he'd be a better option than Shola to bring off the bench if we're chasing a game/goal.

Bent and Cisse certainly couldn't play in the same team though. Those 2 as the spearhead of a 4-4-2 is just ridiculous.

Fulham would be the better team for Bent... We don't do service to forwards as Cisse is finding out...

I agree. I'm not really sure why he's even keen on us tbh, unless that was because he thought the Fulham option had gone. But if it's because he wants to play for a bigger club then fair play to him. I still think with Cisse here he's not the right striker for us, but will do a good job for someone.

Berbatov and Bent would be a very interesting parntership, actually. Bent would be straight into my FL team if he goes to Fulham.

Definitely!

Berbatov will drop off, roam and create. Bent will get lots of chances to put away.