Arouna Koné

Ishmael

They're far more stable despite the change of managers. They'll have a solid year with a good top 10 finish. We could just as easy be in the relegation zone by Christmas.

Maybe we can tempt him with a trick up our sleeve, like a few quality signings we're close to finalising.

There a bit more stable, depending on how important players think the DOF situation is. I doubt Kone even knows about it. We finished 5th the year before last, and I think we're massively over-pessimistic about our relegation chances. If JFK speaks directly to a player that's a different matter like.

I think most people involved in English football will have read or been told about Kinnears return. I think we're still a laughing stock over it, though just how much of that is based on my personal disgust over it I don't know.

I'd imagine Kinnear will be heavily involved in talking to potential signings, which is why it's such a daft move to bring him in. Onus is heavily on Pardew to present the club in a favourable light, and try and convince players Joe is a senile old bat that we are just keeping amused.

Guest Roger Kint

I think most people involved in English football will have read or been told about Kinnears return. I think we're still a laughing stock over it, though just how much of that is based on my personal disgust over it I don't know.

I'd imagine Kinnear will be heavily involved in talking to potential signings, which is why it's such a daft move to bring him in. Onus is heavily on Pardew to present the club in a favourable light, and try and convince players Joe is a senile old bat that we are just keeping amused.

In general i totally agree which makes it such a mental decision. In this case i bet we didnt even get to wages before he said he wants to sign for Everton. Its all too late as usual but hey they tried.....

Though I would have welcomed him as a decent signing to add to the squad, the fact that we tried to hijack Everton's deal at all is pretty worrying with regards to our supposed crack scouting team and our supposedly amazingly planned out transfer targets. Reeks of desperation.

Guest Roger Kint

Though I would have welcomed him as a decent signing to add to the squad, the fact that we tried to hijack Everton's deal at all is pretty worrying with regards to our supposed crack scouting team and our supposedly amazingly planned out transfer targets. Reeks of desperation.

All of this really. If we wanted him as plan b(in case our not bidding for plan a didnt work) then fair enough but clearly we showed no attempt to do anything. God help what we end up with, still hoping for Ideye or similar but......

I really didn't see enough of Kone last year, so I went from being underwhelmed to satisfied then meh.

Fucking shocking we haven't learned from our past mistakes of waiting until way past pre-season has begun to get players in. I will be genuinely shocked if we sign more than 2 people this summer, still expect us to lose 2 or 3 as well. The whole Kinnear appointment has set us back six months of scouting and supposed planning and left us completely clueless.

As much of a cunt and a twat he was, I think DL leaving will turn out to be a bad thing for us.

As much of a c*** and a t*** he was, I think DL leaving will turn out to be a bad thing for us.

:thup:

Certainly no evidence as yet that there's any recognisable strategy emanating from that new office down at the training ground.

Am finding it best not to dwell on what might be going on in there.

Can't remember having quite such a lack of confidence in anyone at the club, really, except Graham Carr I guess. Just hope his word can prevail behind the scenes.

As much of a cunt and a twat he was, I think DL leaving will turn out to be a bad thing for us.

As much as I don't want to agree with you, I agree with you entirely  :undecided: