The other games today - 2013/14

JH

This sesson is class. So many twists and turns.

Just had a look at the fixtures for the next few weeks.

14 Dec: Man City v Arsenal

15 Dec: Tottenham v Liverpool

23 Dec: Arsenal v Chelsea

26 Dec: Man City v Liverpool

29 Dec: Chelsea v Liverpool

Shit's bout to get cray  :drool:

This sesson is class. So many twists and turns.

Just had a look at the fixtures for the next few weeks.

14 Dec: Man City v Arsenal

15 Dec: Tottenham v Liverpool

23 Dec: Arsenal v Chelsea

26 Dec: Man City v Liverpool

29 Dec: Chelsea v Liverpool

Shit's bout to get cray  :drool:

Begrudgingly fair play to the scum if they get more than 4 points from those away games. Hope they fail miserably.

Man, I'm feeling fucking delighted with that performance. We have a clear identity under Martinez and as a team we're still developing. 4 well-earned points from 2 of our most difficult games (on paper at least) this season but moreover, we went to both places believing we could win and played as such.

Barkley - think he's 20 this month - what a player he is and what a player he's going to be given some more experience and once he executes the final ball on a more consistent basis.

Arsenal are also the real deal IMO.

"A symbol of the new Everton..."

Aye... A player on loan playing for them they can't afford... :lol:

Can we afford Remy, like?  :lol:

Hardly the same as Barca's next best talent and a Chelsea CF tbf.... but anyway like i said if they get top 4 then loaning them two will be justified regardless if they are not able to sign them permanently.

Out of all the young English talents that get the hype, Barkley is the one. Stay with Martinez at Everton and he'll be wonderful.

Agree totally but can see City and/or Chelsea throwing daft money at Everton in the Summer.

Will Barkley stay or be your next Rooney though? Hopefully the former.

We all know the world we're in. You can never assume a Chelsea or Man City won't throw loads of money at us for him and he could have his headed turned. Who knows? What I do know is if he stays with us over the coming years he is going to develop into one brilliant player. I, obviously, think he should develop with us. Martinez has made a point to protect him at times too which is encouraging to see (rested him a couple of games in a row a month or 2 back). Fwiw, he seems a level-headed bloke who is just enjoying playing for us. Then again, Rooney was once a blue, always a blue.

We'll see. All I'm bothered about right now is the fact we're going into very tough games believing we can win them and that's reflected in how we play. Might be harsh to say but I definitely think we can play even better - plenty of times today we breezed past Arsenal's midfield but made the wrong choice/ball wasn't good enough. It's good to be ambitious. Aim to keep pace with the top sides and if we don't, fair enough. We've shown we can more than match the top teams.