The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Arteta has been a good if unspectacular defensive midfielder since joining the league. One of those unsung players who doesn't really stick out, but whose contributions are appreciated when he doesn't play. I think Anita can be a similar kind of player in that sense.

Arteta has been a good if unspectacular defensive midfielder since joining the league. One of those unsung players who doesn't really stick out, but whose contributions are appreciated when he doesn't play. I think Anita can be a similar kind of player in that sense.

He's very similar IMO, with Sissoko being quite similar to Diaby although not as talented.... We need Cazorla  :whistle:

They've been good without him. Flamini is an upgrade imo. I don't rate him highly. Flamini's a better stop gap. Arteta was always a stop-gap signing anyway.

Flamini is very limited and nowhere near as good as Arteta. Sorry but that's a ridiculous post iyam.

Flamini fits better into the holding role than Arteta ever did.

Different way of playing the holding role..... that's like saying De Jong is better than De Rossi.

Just because Arteta isn't flying around like a bull in a china shop doesn't mean what he does isn't effective.

I wonder how Arsenal managed to have the 2nd best defence in the league last year and the most points of anyone in 2013 with Arteta, Mertesacker and Koscielny as their defence to midfield triangle

Because the way some are talking on here you would think they are crap.

The last time Arsenal really challenged for the league they had Flamini in the side.

They've been solid without Arteta at the start of the season. They were never top of the league with Arteta so you can bend stats how you like.

I don't care what anyone says, Arsenal needed a player like Flamini. He'll keep his place when Arteta is 100% fit.

He's very similar IMO, with Sissoko being quite similar to Diaby although not as talented.... We need Cazorla  :whistle:

What, a talented, creative Spaniard? Playing for Newcastle?

:yao:

What, a talented, creative Spaniard? Playing for Newcastle?

:yao:

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/luque.jpg

They've been good without him. Flamini is an upgrade imo. I don't rate him highly. Flamini's a better stop gap. Arteta was always a stop-gap signing anyway.

Flamini is very limited and nowhere near as good as Arteta. Sorry but that's a ridiculous post iyam.

Flamini fits better into the holding role than Arteta ever did.

Different way of playing the holding role..... that's like saying De Jong is better than De Rossi.

Just because Arteta isn't flying around like a bull in a china shop doesn't mean what he does isn't effective.

I wonder how Arsenal managed to have the 2nd best defence in the league last year and the most points of anyone in 2013 with Arteta, Mertesacker and Koscielny as their defence to midfield triangle

Because the way some are talking on here you would think they are crap.

I'm certainly not saying Arteta is crap by any means and in pure talent he's probably better than Flamini but Flamini's style of play just seems to compliment the side better than Arteta did and Arsenal just look better now than they did last season.

What was the story with Luque? Did he fail to impress or was it just Allardyce not having a clue how to use him?

Very good debut against Man Utd but just unlucky, scored a disallowed goal then pulled his hamstring next match v Fulham. 

A combination of injuries and Rat Features Roeder having an obvious personal dislike of him and refusing to play him, even putting him the reserves, got in the way and meant he never really got a fair crack of the whip.

Luque is one of the craziest forum sagas in history. Best to leave that one be :lol:

One of the more frustrating signings - knew he was good but it just wouldn't work for many reasons.

Favourite moment is those insane two goals he scored for the reserves out of the blue :lol: (YT - 'Albert Luque Nufc Res Vs LFC Res 03/10')

I'm certainly not saying Arteta is crap by any means and in pure talent he's probably better than Flamini but Flamini's style of play just seems to compliment the side better than Arteta did and Arsenal just look better now than they did last season.

Surely that's due to having a settled team and adding a WC player in Ozil rather than anything Arteta or/Flamini does?

We have to remember that this time last year they had sold RVP and Song while bringing in Podolski, Giroud, Cazorla etc etc.

Having a whole season together has helped them and finding combinations that work... i.e. Mertesacker and Koscielny, Gibbs and Sagna etc etc and making the team as balanced as possible obviously.

Not to mention Ramsey is miles better than this time last year.

Big deal being made over here about us losing possession for the first time in 5 years.

I'm a bit uneasy about it, I understand we need some more flexibility and directness but... still premature to pass judgement I guess, a lot of players still look uncomfortable about the new things Martino's trying.

I think some people must have some short memories...

Guardiola has gone which means your style will change. The man that made your team like that has gone.

A lot of people forget how Barca played under Rijkaard and before, it was nothing like the Barca under Guardiola.

Possession is not their underlying philosophy.

We will see if Martino gets it right, but i do agree they have to change... firstly from a tactical point of view the big teams have adapted to Barca and they have become predictable.

Lastly the team is slowly but surely becoming very different.... under Pep none of the wide players had the individualism of Neymar( except maybe Messi in first year) so you have to change to get the best from him and Barca as a team and lastly the main man behind Pep's team in Xavi is slowly but surely heading into the sunset and the only way to adapt to such a loss is to change.

Not aimed at you btw VI but the media in general, i feel they have very short memories.

Big deal being made over here about us losing possession for the first time in 5 years.

I'm a bit uneasy about it, I understand we need some more flexibility and directness but... still premature to pass judgement I guess, a lot of players still look uncomfortable about the new things Martino's trying.

Buy a fucking defender man. :lol: