The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Well, that was an interesting derby.

It's amazing what happens when you actually attack Liverpool. Not that I'm inferring we've had a consistently defeatist attitude in this fixture for countless years or anything. That'd be an absurd suggestion...

Neither team could defend, which must have made it a bloody brilliant game for the neutral. We completely fluffed several one-on-ones while Liverpool will rightly point to that Allen chance. Could have been 6-6 quite easily though I feel we had more clear chances (which we messed up).

Mirallas should have been off. Dreadful challenge, have no idea what he was playing at. However, I see Gerrard's cowardly attempt at elbowing Barry has been glossed over. He turned his back to the ref and was smirking afterwards - he knew exactly what he was doing, however I'm not surprised by such actions from such a classless, cheating cunt.

I guess it was a fair result in the end. Once again we're drawing too many games, however as I've said before, I like where we're going under Martinez given the evidence of the first 12 games. Some frustrating draws but also some very good football and our only defeat was against a Man City side who played bloody well. Need to give the man some time.

Oh, and Barkley. Again. 19 years old and he's running a Merseyside derby. Faded a bit in the 2nd half but he's going to be exceptional in a few years if he continues like this.

I like how Everton are doing, and it was a great game, but it's ridiculous that Lukaku is allowed to play for them.

How do you mean?

I just don't think any loans between PL clubs should be allowed. It allows Chelsea to stockpile players, it allows them to benefit from Everton being more likely to beat their rivals, he's not allowed to play against Chelsea, basically it's a pretty big conflict of interest.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not sure that that's necessarily true in this case considering you can easily argue that more than anyone else, it's Chelsea that aren't benefiting from loaning him out.

The likes of Wilshere, Walker, Lukaku, Sturridge have benefited from stints at PL clubs so it can be used to accelerate a player's development. We have only ourselves to blame if we don't make use of the system. Do agree the on-loan player should be allowed to play against his parent club though.

Besides, Chelsea will continue to stockpile players whether they can loan them out to a PL club. Most of their loanees are in other leagues fwiw (La Liga, Serie A, Eredivisie).

I'm not sure that that's necessarily true in this case considering you can easily argue that more than anyone else, it's Chelsea that aren't benefiting from loaning him out.

Sure, but that's specific to the fact they've made a mistake in this individual instance.

Guest firetotheworks

Sure, but that's specific to the fact they've made a mistake in this individual instance.

You referred to this instance specifically...Lukaku is a very good player, he wants to play every game, Chelsea couldn't guarantee that but want to keep him, so they've loaned him out. I can see it from both points of view, but if the system is to continue then we should be utilising it more.

Just realized that in 10 games both Alexis and Pedro have already matched their scoring records from last season. :thup:

The thing that has impressed me most about you this season is that it seems more of a team effort to score goals and less dependence on Messi.

Something that will only help you come the latter stages of CL IMO as it would make you less predictable.

You referred to this instance specifically...Lukaku is a very good player, he wants to play every game, Chelsea couldn't guarantee that but want to keep him, so they've loaned him out. I can see it from both points of view, but if the system is to continue then we should be utilising it more.

How can Chelsea not be benefitting from loaning him out? He's taken 2 points off second place in the league this week and will take more later in the season I've no doubt. Whereas he can't play against Chelsea, so basically Everton will play everybody but Chelsea with their biggest threat available. Of course the big problem in this argument is that Everton beat Chelsea without him, which is a bit of a pisser for this argument.

its this bit I find insane, how the hell could they not guarantee gametime with what they have up front.

Guest firetotheworks

How can Chelsea not be benefitting from loaning him out? He's taken 2 points off second place in the league this week and will take more later in the season I've no doubt. Whereas he can't play against Chelsea, so basically Everton will play everybody but Chelsea with their biggest threat available. Of course the big problem in this argument is that Everton beat Chelsea without him, which is a bit of a pisser for this argument.

Chelsea are not benefitting because he's better than all of their strikers.

Norwegian Premier League studio continuing their trend of bringing in biased experts. John Carew in the studio ahead of the West Brom - Villa match going on about how Villa needs to beat them to make West Brom fans stop feeling like their team is better than Villa. :lol: