The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Anzhi missing out on CL last season by 1 point, was their Leeds moment. If they'd got that extra point, none of this excudos would have happened.

Anzhi shoe-in for relegation winless after 18 games, Tromso relegated, Sheriff from Moldovan league. It's a beauty of a group to be fair !

Ridiculously easy.

Papers billing this as a definitive acid test for Arsenal's title credentials.  Being clear at the top irrespective of the result after having faced Citeh, Liverpool, Man Utd and Everton obviously won't count if they lose :lol:

It was an obscenely easy group for Spurs, but they dealt with it without any fuss. Good to see Soldado bag a few.

The last thing Everton & Newcastle want as long as we're in touching distance of Spurs, is Soldado scoring. :lol:

May the drought restart.

Well, yeah, I want all opposition players to have their legs blown off if possible, but in the absence of that, I don't mind seeing a good player getting unfair stick getting a few goals.

Papers billing this as a definitive acid test for Arsenal's title credentials.  Being clear at the top irrespective of the result after having faced Citeh, Liverpool, Man Utd and Everton obviously won't count if they lose :lol:

Hey man you can't win titles without winning all the big games, Man Utd never did that.... oh wait.

Big games don't mean shit, feasting on the scrubs is what matters.

Hey man you can't win titles without winning all the big games, Man Utd never did that.... oh wait.

Big games don't mean shit, feasting on the scrubs is what matters.

It's ridiculous. They treat these games as though they were literally 6 points, as opposed to the regular three you lose from dropping points away at Cardiff for example.

City & Chelsea are massive. If they lose two, they won't win the title imo.

optics of it really, letting in a late goal to Everton (and generally being 2nd best in the game despite the draw) screwing up vs Napoli and thus have a far more difficult CL draw that if they'd just drawn with them and follow it up by losing to City (heavily maybe given Citys home form) just doesn't look great for them and kills the momentum they had previously not to mention it makes them look like the Arsenal of the last few years screwing this up (relatively speaking). Get any kind though and its a real lift for Arsenal and shows a bit of fight in them and that they won't be making the same screw ups as before.

Huge games, I just don't think Arsenal will last the course. They'll challenge for a while but City & Chelsea will be at least 6 points clear of the rest of the field by the end of the season imo.

I'd agree with City but not with Chelsea, too many weaknesses in the side to win the title imho. Strikers past it (Torres and Eto) or have no faith from the manager (Ba) shaky defense and a keeper whos more prone to screw ups than a side competing for the title should have. Fantastic options for the 3 behind the striker mind. Compare to City who are the complete package once they get over the ridiculous away form they've been having which makes absolutely no sense.

Huge games, I just don't think Arsenal will last the course. They'll challenge for a while but City & Chelsea will be at least 6 points clear of the rest of the field by the end of the season imo.

I'd agree with City but not with Chelsea, too many weaknesses in the side to win the title imho. Strikers past it (Torres and Eto) or have no faith from the manager (Ba) shaky defense and a keeper whos more prone to screw ups than a side competing for the title should have. Fantastic options for the 3 behind the striker mind. Compare to City who are the complete package once they get over the ridiculous away form they've been having which makes absolutely no sense.

Negative.

Negative.

think the time out of the side will do Hart good tbh ultimately he's a very good goalkeeper who gets way more attention positive and negative than he should because of his position as England no 1.

Also, none of their results so far you'd say, "wow, they're the real deal". They've beaten Liverpool & Spurs at home but you'd expect that. Even we've got 4 points there, one against 10 men, one away from home.

If they come away from the next two with 3 points, then I'll start looking at them as title contenders because City & Chelsea are the two teams to beat imo. If they don't win, how they react from a potential run of 4 without a win (Everton, Napoli, City, Chelsea), in an away derby then up here in 3 days will be interesting.