Paços de Ferreira 1-1 Newcastle United (FT) - post game discussion from page 33

RodneyCisse

Pardew writes and writes and writes in that fucking notepad.

What the fuck is he writing! It's the same shit setup and style of play!

No ink in that pen. Pulling a Costanza "look busy" move.

:lol: it's like when I see people (me) carrying around a folder and a pen, just doing laps of the hospital pretending to be important.

What is my life.

You only see him fucking with that pad when things are going relentlessly bad. It's all scribbles, guaranteed.

I'm not finding it that funny. Our unprofessionalism has infected our team now. We're dying.

On the one half yes, on the other hand it's just a friendly

I'm only guessing, but I would imagine that for most clubs, pre-season aims are along the lines of (in no particular order):

1. Improve core fitness.

2. Gain confidence.

3. Work on new ideas.

4. Integrate new players.

5. Avoid injuries.

Which of the five are we doing so far?

2 out of 5 ain't bad when it's Newcastle tbf.

Anita is injured (assuming that was one of the two you meant).

Same side, same issues.

We don't have the confidence or the ability to work the ball forward through the midfield when put under pressure. The ball goes backwards and we hit it long to a lone striker. Pointless.

We also look very static in our positions.

Sholas movement is none existent why the f*** do we still bother with him its f***ing depressing, may aswel just stick a statue on the pitch.

I think its because we have no one else.

Do we have any other strikers in reserves other than Campbell. How have we not got young strikers at all.

No one who is remotely close to the first team. Even Campbell is going out on loan. We literally have no one. Not much AP can do on that front to be fair.

I'm not finding it that funny. Our unprofessionalism has infected our team now. We're dying.

I'm only guessing, but I would imagine that for most clubs, pre-season aims are along the lines of (in no particular order):

1. Improve core fitness.

2. Gain confidence.

3. Work on new ideas.

5. Avoid injuries.

That's it.

Even that's a problem when players are being sent off. Indiscipline was one of the (many) problems from last season that went a little unnoticed.

1. Improve core fitness.

2. Gain confidence.

3. Work on new ideas.

5. Avoid injuries.

2 out of 5 ain't bad when it's Newcastle tbf.

Anita is injured (assuming that was one of the two you meant).

Is he? Didn't know that. Only 1 injury in the squad is fucking unreal for us thought tbf.

Whether or not you believe friendlies are purely about fitness, in this particular game - all of the exact same problems are re-occurring. We're playing shit, basically. Shit defending, shit attacking, no discernible game-plan, no discipline. For now, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt cos this trip seems entirely based around building fitness. It desperately needed working on so I think we can forgive them for that.

But, hopefully, we'll see some kind of structure to our football by the Rangers/Braga games.

As for the Coloccini thing. Fucking appalling from him, tbh.

Guest bimpy474

1. Improve core fitness.

2. Gain confidence.

3. Work on new ideas.

5. Avoid injuries.

That's it.

Even that's a problem when players are being sent off. Indiscipline was one of the (many) problems from last season that went a little unnoticed.

True but this one is a bit of a one off, it's been very niggly from the start and just got a bit out of hand. Then it was bundle time.

:lol: it's like when I see people (me) carrying around a folder and a pen, just doing laps of the hospital pretending to be important.

What is my life.

You only see him fucking with that pad when things are going relentlessly bad. It's all scribbles, guaranteed.

Just doing those little pen tornadoes. (Tell me you get what I mean? :lol:)

Nevermind starting Sissoko wide right and Ben Arfa in the middle, why did he not instruct them to change it around when it became clear very quickly it's not working at all? Absolute waste of our two best attacking players available in that lineup.

It's only a friendly but it's ludicrous that we are seeing the same patterns emerging as last season, the same faults and f***ing s*** football.

I think that's what's pissing me off. I appreciate it is a friendly but we should be trying to attack, playing without fear really and not repeating the same shocking mistakes from last season. I'm seeing no evidence of any of that.

In addition Pardew still has not learned players positions and appeared to move Ben Arfa out right after a bit, should have been there from the start. Why play a central player out right and move your best wide player centre. Beyond belief. We never create many chances either or at least fire a shot off. Never close enough to do it. Predict we will finish around 16th this season

Guest bimpy474

It's the same formation, the same non movement, the same poor corners. Just no different at all.

What is my life.

Just doing those little pen tornadoes. (Tell me you get what I mean? :lol:)

:lol: I would be shocked if there was a stitch of English in that bullshit pad of his. Not even an "A" where he started to pretend to write something but just started writing his name. It's a book of lies.