Rangers 1 - 1 Newcastle United - pretend you know how it went from page 18

Decky

Genuinely baffled anyone still takes anything from pre-season friendlies (especially ones that aren't even televised or on the radio) seriously but maybe It seems alone in that.

Shola will be f***ing mint this season if I am wrong though :lol:

We're virtually getting the same shit in pre-season as we were served last season, it's hardly meaningless when it's a continuation of what's gone before and failed before.

Genuinely baffled anyone still takes anything from pre-season friendlies (especially ones that aren't even televised or on the radio) seriously but maybe It seems alone in that.

Shola will be fucking mint this season if I am wrong though :lol:

Why does every team bother playing them then, if they're completely meaningless?

So players can get their fitness up, so they can get their touch right etc.. The players aren't going to put nearly the same effort in that they would for a competitive game, more players will be subbed than usual and earlier than usual.

The result is completely meaningless. From a quote above apparently Ben Arfa gave the ball away too much, against Rangers!? He must be shit!

Shola scored though so he must be class.

Why does every team bother playing them then, if they're completely meaningless?

So players can get their fitness up, so they can get their touch right etc.. The players aren't going to put nearly the same effort in that they would for a competitive game, more players will be subbed than usual and earlier than usual.

The result is completely meaningless. From a quote above apparently Ben Arfa gave the ball away too much, against Rangers!? He must be shit!

Tend to agree, although we should ideally be murdering Rangers no matter what he situation. Most important thing is fitness and no injuries.

Got to say though, if we persist with this 4-2-3-1 with those players in those positions we are making it very hard for ourselves.

Hes clueless. Has no concept of how to implement what are essentially  other people s signings. Obertan and Jonas because they are quick. Tiote for the tackle. Cabaye for the longpass and Hatem can be our magic. Shola Gosling if it doesnt work. Its so base its frightening.

Of course the result is meaningless, it's a friendly. The selection, formation, tactics and performance are anything but, particularly with only one more match before the start of the season. Considering we struggled to draw with a makeshift Scottish third tier side and needed a goal from one of our very worst players, I would propose that the performance wasn't particularly good.

Why did HBA only last a half? Is he still carrying a large arse?

Dunno, seems counter-productive. Maybe he felt a muscle strain.

Doesn't sound great. Not fussed about the game per se as I didn't see it, but he's a cause of concern for me.

Pre-season shouldn't just be about fitness, it should be trying to perfect the formation and playing style that we intend to use before the season starts.

What is clear is that he's going to try and do exactly what he did last season. He's mentally subnormal.

Doesn't sound great. Not fussed about the game per se as I didn't see it, but he's a cause of concern for me.

Could be just giving him a runout and then protecting him. Unless someone actually knows it was an injury, it's probably nowt.

Guest bimpy474

Pre-season shouldn't just be about fitness, it should be trying to perfect the formation and playing style that we intend to use before the season starts.

What is clear is that he's going to try and do exactly what he did last season. He's mentally subnormal.

This whole post sums Pardew up.

Could be just giving him a runout and then protecting him. Unless someone actually knows it was an injury, it's probably nowt.

Protecting him from what?

This whole post sums Pardew up.

:thup:

Was saying in another thread last week he clearly isn't learning, it's so fucking tragic.