The Official Alan Pardew Excuses Thread

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

I am in two minds about this.  I think Pardew is incompetent and would much rather we had replaced him with someone else over the summer.  But... some of the reactions to the innocuous stuff he says is just a bit strange.

So yes - some of his excuses are ridiculous.  But I really doubt they are much different from any other manager.  I am sure you could come up with a list of pathetic excuses from other managers (both successful and unsuccessful) and have a giggle at those - see Ferguson and the shirts that blurred into the crowd when twatted 5-2 at Southampton.

It just seems a bit pointless picking up on everything Pardew says and analysing it to death.

Exactly.

Weird that almost every manager is history objects to fixture congestion, and games are regularly moved around, if it makes absolutely no difference to anything.

Honestly like, it's as if the conventions of football just shouldn't exist for Alan Pardew. It's properly bizarre, the stuff he gets stick for saying.

Fair play to you for sticking to your guns, you obviously think very highly of Mr Pardew and thats up to you, but from my time spent as being mostly a lurker on this forum I can safely say that in my opinion you seem to defend the indefensible sometimes.

I can't work out whether you're trying to be THAT GUY who goes against the grain for the sake of it in the hope of being seen as a free thinker, or you actually believe the stuff you say.

I am in two minds about this.  I think Pardew is incompetent and would much rather we had replaced him with someone else over the summer.  But... some of the reactions to the innocuous stuff he says is just a bit strange.

So yes - some of his excuses are ridiculous.  But I really doubt they are much different from any other manager.  I am sure you could come up with a list of pathetic excuses from other managers (both successful and unsuccessful) and have a giggle at those - see Ferguson and the shirts that blurred into the crowd when twatted 5-2 at Southampton.

It just seems a bit pointless picking up on everything Pardew says and analysing it to death.

Sir Alex Ferguson won trophies.  This prat struggles to win games.

Ian you must have known what this thread was going to be like, if you don't like it stay out of it. Pretty simple really. All the excuses can stay in here and people can laugh at them so they don't go crazy and you don't drag I down to an arguement, everyone is happy.

Ah right, sorry, I didn't realise some threads were above debate.

Anyway, I will be staying out of it, just find it thoroughly stupid.

Let people have their fun, you've done this one to death in other threads, you aren't going to get anywhere apart from dragging the thread down and spoiling it for others. That isn't the intention is it? I hope not.

Weird that almost every manager is history objects to fixture congestion, and games are regularly moved around, if it makes absolutely no difference to anything.

Honestly like, it's as if the conventions of football just shouldn't exist for Alan Pardew. It's properly bizarre, the stuff he gets stick for saying.

Fair play to you for sticking to your guns, you obviously think very highly of Mr Pardew and thats up to you, but from my time spent as being mostly a lurker on this forum I can safely say that in my opinion you see to defend in indefensible sometimes.

I can't work out whether you're trying to be THAT GUY who goes against the grain for the sake of it in the hope of being seen as a free thinker, or you actually believe the stuff you say.

Well whichever judgement of me you come to, please let me know. I can't wait to find out what some random dude thinks of my opinions.

Ian you must have known what this thread was going to be like, if you don't like it stay out of it. Pretty simple really. All the excuses can stay in here and people can laugh at them so they don't go crazy and you don't drag I down to an arguement, everyone is happy.

Ian man you are defending Pardew for blaming Europe in the 2nd league game when people have told you we only played 2 players who had appeared in Europe on the Thursday. Why are you conveniently ignoring this crucial point when defending him?

"It was a great game in terms of competitiveness. We wasn’t at our best tonight it is fair to say, the pitch didn’t really help as it was a bit long the grass, it slowed the ball down."  AP

Seems that LONG GRASS stopped us from winning last night!!

Let people have their fun, you've done this one to death in other threads, you aren't going to get anywhere apart from dragging the thread down and spoiling it for others. That isn't the intention is it? I hope not.

Course it's not the intention, the intention is to have a discussion.

Strange that the reasons for positivity thread was absolutely destroyed in a matter of hours, when anyone with an opposing view is meant to stay out of this one.

He said last night there'll be no excuses this season so that's what sparked this thread.

I'll be as happy as anyone if he starts being truthful about what goes wrong.

Ian man you are defending Pardew for blaming Europe in the 2nd league game when people have told you we only played 2 players who had appeared in Europe on the Thursday. Why are you conveniently ignoring this crucial point when defending him?

I'm only ignoring it because if I explain the thinking it's pointless, will only drag it out and has been done to death a hundred times. I have to ignore quite a lot, it's the only way to stay sane.

Strange that the reasons for positivity thread was absolutely destroyed in a matter of hours, when anyone with an opposing view is meant to stay out of this one.

How can you have an opposite view of a quote?

You've had the discussion, all season long last season. Surely even you are all discussed out!  :lol: You are doing a decent job of doing this thread over, no idea about a positivity thread.

Just let it go man. :)

That's why I said successful and unsuccessful managers make excuses.  It seems a bit strange that only successful managers are allowed to make ridiculous excuses.

Anyway, as I said, it all seems a bit pointless to me.  But as long as you all enjoy yourselves and get it off your respective chests.

Sorry?

That's why I said successful and unsuccessful managers make excuses.  It seems a bit strange that only successful managers are allowed to make ridiculous excuses.

Anyway, as I said, it all seems a bit pointless to me.  But as long as you all enjoy yourselves and get it off your respective chests.

Successful managers make excuses for losing the odd game here and there which are often forgotten because, well... they're successful and under little pressure.

This one usually comes out with something far-fetched and comical every other week.

Sorry?

We're collecting Pardew's quotes in this thread. What are you opposing here?

Ian Ian, you say you will stay out, can't be bothered to repeat yourself, and don't give a damn.

Yet you come in every time without fail. :lol:

I know, I wonder about that myself.

It's an addiction, there's very little of value on here at all but I enjoy the chat sometimes. There's literally nothing else going on at the moment, so I guess that's some kind of defense.

Sorry?

We're collecting Pardew's quotes in this thread. What are you opposing here?

I'm not disputing the quotes happened, I'm debating the conclusions people draw from them. You must already know this.

Ian you must have known what this thread was going to be like, if you don't like it stay out of it. Pretty simple really. All the excuses can stay in here and people can laugh at them so they don't go crazy and you don't drag It down to an arguement, everyone is happy.

:thup:

Ian you must have known what this thread was going to be like, if you don't like it stay out of it. Pretty simple really. All the excuses can stay in here and people can laugh at them so they don't go crazy and you don't drag It down to an arguement, everyone is happy.

:thup:

:sad: