The Official Alan Pardew Excuses Thread

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

He told Sky Sports: "I really feel like we've been done by a sucker-punch.

"The referee had a hand in that goal as well, because the linesman gave us a throw-in and I don't think that's a foul. We just switch off and they have capitalised from that.

"The free-kick wasn't a free-kick. Cheick (Tiote) is out of position and Yohan (Cabaye) misses the cut-off of the pass, and then we're open a little bit.

"We only made two or three errors in the second half, I think that's the only shot they've had - or the only chance they've had."

"That type of victory is the sort of victory you want when you come in as a manager. I think he has been very fortunate today to get it."

Sounds suspiciously like an excuse, Alan.

Guest bimpy474

So in summary, not his fault at all. Referee, linesman, our players etc but not him.

That's what managers do though, blame the 2nd goal on a poor decision. Dont discuss why we played shit and created fuck all against the shittest team in the world bar my son team who lost 7-0 today. Shitty cunts they were.

Why the f*** is he focusing on that goal? He's describing less than a minute of a 90 minute game in which we did f*** all.

Less then 10 seconds of football, completly ignoring the first 45 minutes of nothing from us.

Cant say anything tho, we have to wait for the stats to come out.

He told Sky Sports: "I really feel like we've been done by a sucker-punch.

"The referee had a hand in that goal as well, because the linesman gave us a throw-in and I don't think that's a foul. We just switch off and they have capitalised from that.

"The free-kick wasn't a free-kick. Cheick (Tiote) is out of position and Yohan (Cabaye) misses the cut-off of the pass, and then we're open a little bit.

"We only made two or three errors in the second half, I think that's the only shot they've had - or the only chance they've had."

"That type of victory is the sort of victory you want when you come in as a manager. I think he has been very fortunate today to get it."

Yes, Poyet has been lucky three times in a row the fluky bastard.

'I felt we gave a good account of ourselves it was never going to be easy against a side like Man City, especially before Halloween. Some of the lads are a little frightened and we tried to reduce the impact of that as much as possible. However it's fair to say a few of them are unerved and that had a part to play.'

'I felt we gave a good account of ourselves it was never going to be easy against a side like Man City, especially before Halloween. Some of the lads are a little frightened and we tried to reduce the impact of that as much as possible. However it's fair to say a few of them are unerved and that had a part to play.'

Man remember Halloween 2010. :(

One of my favourite times supporting this club. What I'd give to have an ounce of the passion of Hughton, Nolan, Carroll and Barton back.

One of my favourite times supporting this club. What I'd give to have an ounce of the passion of Hughton, Nolan, Carroll and Barton back.

Shola was 3 years younger as well  :smug:

Guest icemanblue

He is 100% using extra time tonight as an excuse this weekend. :lol: He'll probably even mention how Chelsea had an extra day on us because they played last night.

The fuck is this, man? What are you even laughing at? Who has these thoughts? Why would you even tell people that's what you're thinking?

World's fucked. Going to bed.

Fatigue excuse being rolled out on October 31st, after 9 league games and 3 League Cup games.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fatigue-setting-admits-newcastle-united-6257763?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Yet half of our outfield players last night, Dummett, Anita, Ameobi, Cisse and MYM, have played even less. Only Debuchy has played all matches this season the commentator mentioned last night?

If fatigue is the case, then it is Pardew that is responsible for not having a more fit squad. It's almost as I can buy the "exuse" because we do seem to be the most unfit team in the league.

Fatigue excuse being rolled out on October 31st, after 9 league games and 3 League Cup games.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fatigue-setting-admits-newcastle-united-6257763?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Yet half of our outfield players last night, Dummett, Anita, Ameobi, Cisse and MYM, have played even less. Only Debuchy has played all matches this season the commentator mentioned last night?

If fatigue is the case, then it is Pardew that is responsible for not having a more fit squad. It's almost as I can buy the "exuse" because we do seem to be the most unfit team in the league.

No other manager complains of this, what happened to all that fitness work ffs. They are professionals, how exactly are they tired after just a few games.

I'm not sure they are fatigued.

He just has an ingrained knack of trying to find excuses every single time something doesn't have the desired outcome.  He thinks by saying this now, we'll forgive a lacklustre performance on Saturday, rather than be on his back.

If we get a result on Saturday we'll not hear a peep out of him about fatigue.