Man City 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 19/08/13 - post-'match' reaction from page 63

Dave

Guest neesy111

We won't ever get back to the unit we were with all these foreign players around imo.  Today's performance by some of them reminded me of Liverpool last season.

I'm not one to jump on the "French cowards" bandwagon but we're desperate for some quality premiership experience in the squad.

I really don't think it will matter too much tbh.  The cunt manager and the cunts above the line will poison everything they touch.

It goes beyond the manager this.  Carr has a lot to answer for, since he can only sign players from 1 stinking country.

Guest bimpy474

We won't ever get back to the unit we were with all these foreign players around imo.  Today's performance by some of them reminded me of Liverpool last season.

I'm not one to jump on the "French cowards" bandwagon but we're desperate for some quality premiership experience in the squad.

I really don't think it will matter too much tbh.  The cunt manager and the cunts above the line will poison everything they touch.

It goes beyond the manager this.  Carr has a lot to answer for, since he can only sign players from 1 stinking country.

Cheapest place to shop.

City only had one more English player in their team than we did.

Thought Cisse started fairly well :dontknow:

He did, typical knee jerk stuff tonight. Passes to him, immediately crowded by 3 city defenders, no options on, no link between him and midfield (again). Sure his touch was poor tonight  but he's getting slated for not being an out ball target man tonight. He can actually link play just fine (he did it plenty when he first arrived).

Seemed to control the ball well from Krul's goalkicks :thup:

He did, typical knee jerk stuff tonight. Passes to him, immediately crowded by 3 city defenders, no options on, no link between him and midfield (again). Sure his touch was poor tonight  but he's getting slated for not being an out ball target man tonight. He can actually link play just fine (he did it plenty when he first arrived).

Well thank fuck for you two. I know he tailed off badly fairly soon after as things generally descended into farce, but people don't half let rage cloud their judgement on here at times.

Well thank f*** for you two. I know he tailed off badly fairly soon after as things generally descended into farce, but people don't half let rage cloud their judgement on here at times.

:thup:

running around up top by yourself while your team is getting dicked is a pretty thankless task.

Guest bimpy474

Well thank fuck for you two. I know he tailed off badly fairly soon after as things generally descended into farce, but people don't half let rage cloud their judgement on here at times.

While i'm not raging, i tend to think a players first touch is very important, even more so for a front man to bring others into play. He was terrible and has been for ages, hopefully he'll get back to form, giving him a strike partner to hold the ball up will help, but he should be able to do the basics himself.

Just going back to what I said about 2011/12, we went the first 11 Premier League games unbeaten and set up the whole season with basically this side and formation almost exclusively.

Krul

Simpson S.Taylor Coloccini R.Taylor

Obertan Cabaye Tiote Gutierrez

Ba Best

Simpler times. :(

Just going back to what I said about 2011/12, we went the first 11 Premier League games unbeaten and set up the whole season with basically this side and formation almost exclusively.

Krul

Ba Best

Exactly.

While i'm not raging, i tend to think a players first touch is very important, even more so for a front man to bring others into play. He was terrible and has been for ages, hopefully he'll get back to form, giving him a strike partner to hold the ball up will help, but he should be able to do the basics himself.

He was far from terrible at the start, which was all I said initially. Just wanted to bring a bit of balance.

Not disagreeing that his touch has been appalling at times and that it ended up going that way again tonight.

Krul

Ba Best

The simplicity of that set-up was perfect for Pardew. Defenders who were just expected to defend; natural width (none of these fancy wide-forward types); one defensive midfielder and one creative midfielder; and two forwards who could thrive on crosses and direct play. Simple and thus effective for a manager who isn't smart enough to handle the more complex set-ups that he tries to think about these days. 

Is it too much to ask to compete like a team in the premier league?  If some goat owner cursed Wrigley Field, did somebody bury a Jewish family underneath St. James Park?  At least other teams with this much perpetual turmoil have the decency to just fuck off to the lower divisions and die.  Not us.  We have to have this brief mini-recoveries only for the dagger to be twisted again.

:lol: Aside from the Jewish family, this is where I am. The result was always going to be the result, but they were in midseason "don't give a fuck" form. They can't possibly quit on this guy more than they have, yet we have to wait for the idiot to figure out what needed to be done at least 8 months ago.

Guest bimpy474

He was far from terrible at the start, which was all I said initially. Just wanted to bring a bit of balance.

Not disagreeing that his touch has been appalling at times and that it ended up going that way again tonight.

Fair enough, i just thought he was awful over the whole game. Tell you what worries me, when you have a player as jolly as him looking so disinterested and dispirited, there's a lot to worry about.

Well thank f*** for you two. I know he tailed off badly fairly soon after as things generally descended into farce, but people don't half let rage cloud their judgement on here at times.

Fair enough, i just thought he was awful over the whole game. Tell you what worries me, when you have a player as jolly as him looking so disinterested and dispirited, there's a lot to worry about.

what would you be saying if he was jolly while we were getting that sort of humping ?

Krul 7

Debuchy 4

Coloccini 5

Taylor 3

Yanga Mbiwa 5

(Dummett) 6.5

Tiote 3

Gutierrez 5

(Anita) 4

Sissoko 5

Ben Arfa 6.5

(Sammy Ameobi 3.5)

Gouffran 5

Cisse 2.5

Wrote that straight after FT on my phone. Cisse was weak as water tonight. Maybe if he'd had a pre-season spent playing instead of crying about our shirt sponsors he might have had some form of impact.

Tiote, Taylor (not a red but thank fuck he misses some games now), Anita, Debuchy, Colo, fuck me. Pitiful.

Krul, HBA and particularly Dummett deserve credit. Navas didn't get a clean cross in 2nd half.

Horrid. Fuck football.... Again!