Man City 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 19/08/13 - post-'match' reaction from page 63

Dave

I had a little patience for those optimists before, but not anymore.  What do they have to do to convince you that this club is a total shambles?  The give it time brigade can seriously go f*** off if they can't see the toxicity that engulfs this club.  FFS.

But but stability

absolute zero is about the most stable state you can get.  wouldn't do us any good though.

Debuchy - pathetic defending for the 1st goal, very fortunate not to give away a penalty (yet another one), a bit of petulance for a yellow card, and at fault for Nasri's goal

Taylor - pathetic defending for the 1st goal, a little fortunate not to give away a handball penalty (wouldn't be his first), total lack of discipline for the red card.

You have absolutely no chance of avoiding a thrashing at City when half the back 4 is composed of a couple of tossers like this pair.

On the left hand side I thought Mbiwa did well, Coloccini looks to have lost some pace, which is a little worrying.

Cisse was absolutely feeble. It is difficult for a striker on his own against City (and with Gouffran's contribution he was on his own) but the way the ball bounced past him time and time again was pathetic, and the countless times he was brushed off the ball with ease just added up to a performance reminiscent of Shola at his worst. We definitely need to add a centre forward who is going to look capable of actually playing some football on a regular basis.

Sissokho was such a disappointment. Last April I was actually looking forward to seeing what he could do against Toure and Toure just strolled over the top of him. He did absolutely nothing today again.

Ben Arfa is on another planet to his team mates.

Cabaye never made any difference in games like these anyway.

Usual stuff from Jonas and Tiote - neither are very good footballers.

Good stuff from our coaching staff - playing someone not fit then watching him limp off in the 1st half. How many times did someone go off injured in the first half last season? Set pieces were also the standard fare (although the wall for the free kick was a disgrace).

Looks like we are going to continue where we left off.

Krul

Santon.    Mbiwa.    Coloccini.    Dummett

Sissoko.    Anita

HBA.                Marveaux          Gouffran

Cisse

Should be the side against West Ham.

The way I see it, the first half performance wasn't that bad, and I don't think it is fair to judge a team playing with 10 men versus arguably the best squad in the division. Individually you could say Taylor had a stinker, Debuchy defensively much the same, other than that everyone did alright.

Yeah, I pretty much agree. We were outclassed, but we did look better than where we left off last season.

Cisse is too lightweight for the role that he's given. Tiote is too clumsy in possession. Nothing new there.

The plus points were Benny and Dummett. Dummett looks more than ready and should start.

Guest bimpy474

Carragher unfortunately spot on there. There's nothing about us, irrespective of the opposition tonight.

Yep yet people think Pardew should get more time when it's clear we're a mess because of him, forget the lack of players. It's the lack of anything on the pitch with players he has that's worse