Paul Dummett: Released (official)

Guest palnese

Good article that.

Still don't get the mentality that full backs must be attacking like. Dummett hasn't been a hinderence under Benitez at all.

They don't have to be extremely attacking, but being good with a football at your feet is a plus imo....

Good article that.

Still don't get the mentality that full backs must be attacking like. Dummett hasn't been a hinderence under Benitez at all.

They don't have to be extremely attacking, but being good with a football at your feet is a plus imo....

Aye, like comfortable on the ball is one thing. Fair dues. Just get sick of people using this line about Dummett being no good going forward. You wouldn't want an improvement on Dwight Gayle because he cannot defend would you? (not you personally...)

Great article that. He seems intelligent and very much a realist.

This season has been a total turnaround in my attitudes to certain players, Dummett included along with Diame, Shelvey and a few others.

Good article that.

The game has evolved so much now that if you want to be a team going somewhere you can't just have old school defenders anymore.

We'll need to find a more attacking left back at some point but I don't think that will be next season. Too many other issues with our team.

Yeah, don't think we'll be buying a left back in summer.

If Rafa stays, we have a solid next season, probably buy a left back the season after.

Guest alijmitchell

Wasn't too wasteful with the ball tbh. Defending was absolutely superb. Happy to have him playing every game at LB at the moment and that's a massive turnaround for me.

We'll need to find a more attacking left back at some point but I don't think that will be next season. Too many other issues with our team.

Yeah, don't think we'll be buying a left back in summer.

If Rafa stays, we have a solid next season, probably buy a left back the season after.

I am pretty confident we'll be buying a left back. If we don't it will be sign of a window in which Rafa is being yet further frustrated and sold short.

Rafa wanted one all summer, even with Dummett around, and with Haidara and Gamez leaving there is absolutely no excuse this time.

Guest firetotheworks

Good article that.

The game has evolved so much now that if you want to be a team going somewhere you can't just have old school defenders anymore.

:thup: Until the next sea change in tactics and formations, full backs or wings backs are arguably the most pivotal position.