Paul Dummett: Released (official)

Guest palnese

Rose, Young, Bertrand, Shaw just for starters. Just because Dummett is looking defensively better doesn't alter the fact that he is an abominable footballer that treats the ball like a grenade.

I would have agreed with that a year ago, but this season he has proven to be capable on the ball, often playing good, positive passes into Perez/Gayle/Kenedy as well as delivering good crosses in the box.

Erm... how would he ever be called up by England? He’s already played for Wales.

He's not played competitivly only in friendlies.

Bit like Wilfred Zaha, but in reverse.

Do think he needs to start working on looping balls over him. He's got an awful knack of just flailing around when its high in the air and going behind him.

He's improved every aspect of his game, but he's still got an enormous turning circle.

Had a very solid and potentially under-the-radar game against Iwobi today. Really added defensive balance since he came back in to the side.

Guest Howaythetoon

I thought he was immense today and he also made some canny and accurate passes. Improving massively along with majority of them.

Guest firetotheworks

Defensively very dependable and he's not only cutting down on the hoofs, but the hoofs are becoming long passes.

I have completely switched my major concern to RB than LB since his return and yedders looking decidedly dodgy. He has been very solid. We need a new LB and RB regardless.

Disagree, Dummett has proved he is more than good enough in this division. I still remain unconvinced about Yedlin however.......

I have completely switched my major concern to RB than LB since his return and yedders looking decidedly dodgy. He has been very solid. We need a new LB and RB regardless.

Disagree, Dummett has proved he is more than good enough in this division. I still remain unconvinced about Yedlin however.......

:thup: More than happy for Dummett to continue and would only be particularly interested in upgrading Yedlin. But then, I wouldn't be overly upset if we went in to next season with this back five.

Can we class him as a better academy product than Saylor yet, please?

I think we ought to keep the back 5 as is but bring in competition for Yedlin, offload Clark and Mbemba and get in a new backup CB tbh.

Having less than 4 centre backs is asking for trouble. You know what's going to happen straight away.

I think we ought to keep the back 5 as is but bring in competition for Yedlin, offload Clark and Mbemba and get in a new backup CB tbh.

I like both Clark and Mbemba tbh. So, unless they were desperate to leave (and Mbemba might be.....), I'd be very happy to keep them.

Agree with competition for Yedlin though :thup:.

Yeah sorry happy to have 4 at the back, just think Clark doesn't quick cut it at this level and Mbemba may do but clearly hasn't Rafa's trust. Happy to keep either as last ditch backup but a prospect perhaps coming in, or someone who is also good at right back as well would be sensible I think